Recent content by oet

1. Suggestion General The Community Needs Skeletons For 3D Models

Slightly suprised that it was this complicated since so much other stuff have been made for ease of modding. +1
  2. TotSK++GNW: Added Diplomacy 4.3 and PBOD: Great Northern War(band) v0.1.2

TotSK goes north! Well I did what I thought I wouldn't: updated and added content. Most of the north-eastern part of the map was lacking in detail and "flesh". So in the latest release the Baltic and the nations surrounding it have gotten some TLC. There are new settlements! Some I have simply...
  3. A bug I dont understand "Failed to load module info in ....."

Thank you so much for the answear and the walkthrough you wrote :smile:

The thing is that on my computer the mod works flawlessly and I can't reproduce the crash, yet still it occurs forr others. The message and logs from the crash are very indescriptive so I don't have much to go on. Since the xml seem to be correctly formatted now and the crash still occurs for those players I feel it is almost impossible for me to fix unless someone who has had this message before and fixed their error finds this thread. I'll leave the thread unsolved for the mean time and move on for the time being.
  4. A bug I dont understand "Failed to load module info in ....."

So to update this, the people who have the crash still do so this is obviously not the solution to this crash/bug (not ruling out that this is good practise and can prevent other crashes). I have not gotten any further in my search for a fix yet so it is still open.
  5. A bug I dont understand "Failed to load module info in ....."

Thank you so much for the reply. Do you know if the game requires these tags at all even if not used per se? Can you ommit the xml tags compleatly or are they needed simply because?
  6. A bug I dont understand "Failed to load module info in ....."

I'm having some issue with a bug I can't wrap my head around, but maybe someone here knows. So I can load the mod game verion 1.4.1, with any and all mods no conflicts what so ever. But there are two guys who also have 1.4.1 that gets the error "Failed to load module info in mod files path. This...
  7. Settlement Modding - Research and Development

I have a somewhat related problem/question that i posted in the mod Q&A
    I'm trying to make a very "simple" mod which colors the Nameplates(specifically SettlementNameplates) to a color for each faction, unlike originally where the color is selected based on the current relation with the player(Neutral, Ally, Enemy). My understanding is that the color is set by selecting a style for the brush of the widget via Widget.SetState(string) using a string corresponding to a brush-style in the Nameplates.xml("NeutralTown" etc).

My line of thinking have been to add styles to the brushes in Nameplate.xml("aseraiTown" etc) then changing SetNameplateRelationType(int type) to call SetSate not with a string based on the relation but rather the faction name. To do this I need to figure out what faction the current Nameplates settlement belongs to. The Widget have no direct access to the settlement its representing but it has the name of it stored in SettlementNameplateWidget.(Big, Normal, Small)NameplateWidget.SettlementNameWidget.Text.

So finding a Settlement from its name now becomes the next task. The Settlement.Find(string) dont seem to work with the name, as it is using the idString which I think is semi randomly generated(no real clue tho?). So to get around this I have tried to make a Dictionary that uses the name as the key and a Settlement/idString, building it by iterating over Campaign.Currnet.Settlements during the loading of a campaign(tried DoLoading, OnGameLoaded, OnGameInitializationFinished) but as soon as I try to access Settlement.StringId or adding the Settlement to the dictionary the game crashes with no error messages.

Clearly I am doing something wrong, but I don't understand what. Very possible that there is a easier/more correct way of doing it but I'm very new to modding games so I'm not really used to the flow of execution/listener structur/interface system(Gauntlet) that bannerlord has. Any help is much appreciated

This is the code in question that for a reason I dont understand gives the game some sort of panic.

C#:
            public override bool DoLoading(Game game) {
                base.DoLoading(game);    //load everything is my hope so i can operate on parts of the Campaign maybe?
                try
                {
                    if(Campaign.Current != null && Campaign.Current.Settlements != null) {
                        foreach (Settlement s in Campaign.Current.Settlements)
                        {
                            if (s != null && !s.IsHideout())
                            {
                                //string id = s.StringId;     //ref to the settlement via idstring, also crashes
                                string name = s.ToString();
                                SettlementRef.NamesToSettlement.Add(name, s);
                            }                         
                        }
                    }
                } catch (Exception ex)    //this exception has never triggerd, straight CTD with messagebox askin to collect logs
                {
                    MessageBox.Show($"Failed to to build Dictionary of settlements:\n{ex.Message}\n{ex.InnerException.Message}");
                }
                return true;
            }
  8. TaleWorlds Modding Q&A

I'm trying to make a very "simple" mod which colors the Nameplates(specifically SettlementNameplates) to a color for each faction, unlike originally where the color is selected based on the current relation with the player(Neutral, Ally, Enemy). My understanding is that the color is set by selecting a style for the brush of the widget via Widget.SetState(string) using a string corresponding to a brush-style in the Nameplates.xml("NeutralTown" etc).

My line of thinking have been to add styles to the brushes in Nameplate.xml("aseraiTown" etc) then changing SetNameplateRelationType(int type) to call SetSate not with a string based on the relation but rather the faction name. To do this I need to figure out what faction the current Nameplates settlement belongs to. The Widget have no direct access to the settlement its representing but it has the name of it stored in SettlementNameplateWidget.(Big, Normal, Small)NameplateWidget.SettlementNameWidget.Text.

So finding a Settlement from its name now becomes the next task. The Settlement.Find(string) dont seem to work with the name, as it is using the idString which I think is semi randomly generated(no real clue tho?). So to get around this I have tried to make a Dictionary that uses the name as the key and a Settlement/idString, building it by iterating over Campaign.Currnet.Settlements during the loading of a campaign(tried DoLoading, OnGameLoaded, OnGameInitializationFinished) but as soon as I try to access Settlement.StringId or adding the Settlement to the dictionary the game crashes with no error messages.

Clearly I am doing something wrong, but I don't understand what. Very possible that there is a easier/more correct way of doing it but I'm very new to modding games so I'm not really used to the flow of execution/listener structur/interface system(Gauntlet) that bannerlord has. Any help is much appreciated
  9. DOWNLOAD issue POLL !!

I voted yes

1- did you always have problems downloading from M&B Rep-? No, but for the last week or so I have had problems with it
    2- do you know a great side to UP&DOWN load, in a fast and safe way? Filefront
    3. where are you from? (USA, Italy, Russia, China, etc etc...) Sweden
  10. BATTLEFIELD MAPS-change them in game (+ POLL)

Swedish but no girl:razz:

Hah!!! My ex american wife had swedish origins!!!!!!
  11. BATTLEFIELD MAPS-change them in game (+ POLL)

Gab I love you :grin:

ps Don't tell your wife:razz:
  12. BATTLEFIELD MAPS-change them in game (+ POLL)

Thanks, and it works perfectly :grin: one small thing, I can't find any ramrod in any shop, found some sticks and a thing I don't remember the name of but no ramrod  :sad:
  13. BATTLEFIELD MAPS-change them in game (+ POLL)

Gab, I've seen The last of the Mohicans and it is one of the best movies ever and the reason I acctually tried a musket mod(this is my first). I know there weren't that much cavalry involved(if any) but I think it's a fun aspect of the game, the ability to have warfare from the back of a horse...
  14. 1755 Troop tree and units

Thanks Bearskull :grin: Now i know to look foreward to 1776 :smile:
  15. 1755 Troop tree and units

For example would I like to know what units are avalible, thier streghts and weaknesses and where they are avalible. I've had a very hard time finding cavalry for example and the only time I found it was some dragoons in a tavern with no capability of upgrading. Are there only one typ of cavalry in the mod? And the artillary and messengers, are those recruitable or are they just companions for the NPCs?
Back
Top Bottom