1755 Troop tree and units

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi,
This mod is by far the best mod that I've ever tested(quit a few but never cared to register on the forums till now). So Kudos to you my good Sir. But to the matter of this thread, I really dont understand the unit paths and/or wich units are recruitable where and how. It would be great if someone could explaun this to me and if possible make a flowchart of it.
Thanks in advance
Alm

HERE YOU GO.....BUT CAVALRY ONLY FOR SPAIN, ANYMORE.
gab

2l8btom.png

Alm said:
Hi,
This mod is by far the best mod that I've ever tested(quit a few but never cared to register on the forums till now). So Kudos to you my good Sir. But to the matter of this thread, I really dont understand the unit paths and/or wich units are recruitable where and how. It would be great if someone could explaun this to me and if possible make a flowchart of it.

Thanks in advance

Alm

I wont upload the charts just yet without the modder permission, but I can explain anything else. From what I know every unit but the bandits are recruit-able in villages and taverns. No two factions have the same, or for that matter similar, troop trees. We did this to reflect the nations fighting style and abilities. Britain has strong line infantry and cavalry. France has good light infantry and scouts. Wild and French Frontier are good melee fighters, Spanish have decent infantry, and Brit. Frontier is a combination of all.

What exactly are you looking for? I feel I can help you better if you explain your question a bit more clearly. 

For example would I like to know what units are avalible, thier streghts and weaknesses and where they are avalible. I've had a very hard time finding cavalry for example and the only time I found it was some dragoons in a tavern with no capability of upgrading. Are there only one typ of cavalry in the mod? And the artillary and messengers, are those recruitable or are they just companions for the NPCs?

I wont upload the charts just yet without the modder permission, but I can explain anything else. From what I know every unit but the bandits are recruit-able in villages and taverns. No two factions have the same, or for that matter similar, troop trees. We did this to reflect the nations fighting style and abilities. Britain has strong line infantry and cavalry. France has good light infantry and scouts. Wild and French Frontier are good melee fighters, Spanish have decent infantry, and Brit. Frontier is a combination of all.

What exactly are you looking for? I feel I can help you better if you explain your question a bit more clearly.
[/quote]
YES, NO PROBLEM TO PUT HERE THE PIC OF OUR TROOP TREE, BEAR....PLS GO AHEAD. THX
GAB

2l8btom.png

I understand you would like to have more horses, but they were not a factor in colonial warfare at this time. They are, however, represented in 1776, as horses gained a more prominent role.

Alm said:
Thanks Bearskull :grin: Now i know to look foreward to 1776 :smile:
Ciao Alm :grin:
Well, I used to love cavalry, but pls....watch the last of the mohican movie (it is a must before playing my mod!!), then give a looong try to our mod, expecially battles in the forests (do you know how to change battlefield in game in my mod?) or even better sieges or defending Albany, Venango or Fort Duquesne (Antigonos masterpieces!!!)
Then come back and report to me...ha ha ha..ok?
I am serious :grin:
gabby
PS Find a Ramrod and defend Albany....you ll see!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Bearskull21 said:
2l8btom.png

I understand you would like to have more horses, but they were not a factor in colonial warfare at this time. They are, however, represented in 1776, as horses gained a more prominent role.
Great job, Bear :grin: you are my "one shot one hit" mate!!
But I forgot to tell you my last changes. No more cavalry for french and GB. Just red dragoons mercs, in honor of Poom and cause I love them.
So the troop tree ends the step before cavalry.
But there is a hero single soldier for:
Messanger (mounted) Standard bearer and Artillier (with NO cannon, though)
thx
gab

GABRILDURO said:
Bearskull21 said:
2l8btom.png

Great job, Bear :grin: you are my "one shot one hit" mate!!
But I forgot to tell you my last changes. No more cavalry for french and GB. Just red dragoons mercs, in honor of Poom and cause I love them.
So the troop tree ends the step before cavalry.
But there is a hero single soldier for:
Messanger (mounted) Standard bearer and Artillier (with NO cannon, though)
thx
gab

Did you take out the corps de cavalrie for the French Gab? They were historical even if lightly used. No matter.

yes the The french Corps de cavalerie is historical  :sad:
in the french and indian war, the Corps de cavalerie can be light cavalry and light infantry
corpsdecavalerie1.gif

corpsdecavalerie2.jpg

source: http://flintlockandtomahawk.blogspot.com/2009/07/corps-de-cavalerie.html

Alan De Soison said:
yes the The french Corps de cavalerie is historical  :sad:
in the french and indian war, the Corps de cavalerie can be light cavalry and light infantry
corpsdecavalerie1.gif

corpsdecavalerie2.jpg

source: http://flintlockandtomahawk.blogspot.com/2009/07/corps-de-cavalerie.html
Right!
it existed from May 1759 to September 1760. It was formed from 200 Canadian volunteers and five French officers. The men acted as scouts or couriers for the army during the final campaigns in New France
....and you do have a French Courier soldier, now!
ALAN....did you see my new >standard bearer with 2 flags?????????????

I'm sorry gab..I still cannot download the latest version due the signal connection problem in my USB Modem product
crying..hiks hiks hiks.. :cry: :cry:

there have a tree troops of version 2.9? With a free troops (farmers..etc) to say troops are not factions, and factions troops. With photos, qualities and abilities? This tree is the version 2.5 or another. It would be appreciated because sometimes i'm lost with a troop tree. A hug for all. Thx team!

Back
Top Bottom