Recent content by mercav

1. B Fantasy Chronicles of Might and Magic[0.6 released July 1'st 2016]

Is it possible to build productive enterprises?
  2. START HERE: Beginner's Guide and Reference Book (2014 version)

demonrifle99 said:
    This mod is still being worked on right?
    There is another thread where guspav posts what he has been working on.  Its updated pretty regularly.
  3. Suggestions about new troops and NPCs

AielloA said:
    I'm going to be perfectly honest here: in my opinion, the Drow tree should probably be reworked. In D&D, male Drow are very much second-class citizens, and it's females who have all the power, be it political, clerical or magical. That having been said, men are very useful to the Priesthood of Lolth, because it's always convenient to be able to turn someone who is basically your slave into a Drider slave (i.e. heavy cavalry) instead. Or sacrifice them to summon a Yochlol (i.e. heavy infantry).

In my mind, therefore, it would make more sense for the "Drow woman" tree to have Mages (just shunt the entire "initiate" line over to females instead of males) and Priestesses, maybe change Lolth's Chosen to flankers, and have the "Drow male" tree later on get upgraded to demonic servants of Lolth (by sacrificing Veteran Fighters to summon Yochlols, and turning Blademasters into Driders).

This revamped Drow troop tree would thus have three main tiers: slaves for cannon fodder, females for mystical support, and males as elite melee combatants.
    In the fluff, female Drow wizards are very, very rare.  E.g. the big Drow metropolis in Faerun has three colleges for the noble houses.  Males can apply only to the warrior or mage schools and females can only apply to the divine school.
  4. Suggestions about game mechanics

About all the examples are help villagers (which helps long term) or raid villagers (which helps short term).  I would even go as far to say that many of the actions that you proposed to be 'good' should not be because of the mechanics of the game.  One of the reasons Hamas overtook the PA in Gaza is because they had more local support because they did things like building hospitals.  Yet at the same time they were also, and still are, the primary Palestinian terrorist organization.

Edit: I just used that as an example.  I am not interested in discussing modern politics on the web-especially on a sight I actually like  :lol:
  5. Suggestions about game mechanics

Look at the examples of the alignment decisions that you proposed and compare them to current decisions available in the village menu; they line up very well especially the evil ones.  So how is it different then the alignment system?
  6. Suggestions about game mechanics

awkwarrd said:
    This suggestions is for the GOOD vs EVIL mechanics.
    Since there is no global system in the game other than imagination that you can't see other than villages and vassal opinions, with no visual aids.
    It's also mostly for immersion and extra things to do, and keeping it simple, while trying to allow people to play how they want to.
    (not sure if this can even be done though)
    Keep in mind that all ideas within this suggestion are not set in stone, and can be looked at or changed to suit the mechanic suggestion.

There is also an opening to add some new units, some brainwashed units and unbrainwashed units.
    Male/female and children - all with an upgrade path of 2 directions, male tend to be on the melee/archer type, female the Magic/healer type, and the children the upgrade to adults as a summoner or something crazy.
    And having Good and Evil versions for all of them.

Firstly it starts off with character select.
    You pick your:
    • then your father's occupation
    • then what you grew up as
    • then your class
    - (remember this spot)
    • then your interest
    • then mounted or on foot
    • then confirmation to ride to your destiny
    In there we should get an extra option of what your character is aligned with, in a good-neutral-evil term.
    So most likely after the class choice.
    This would negate all thoughts of whatever class you picked, is how you should play, then you can pick the way you wish to play for yourself, and even then you can change that style in the game anyway if so wished or the game takes a turn and you can play your character whatever way you want depending on whatever circumstance you prefer at the time.

After that, you get into the game, kill that first guy and talk to the merchant, decide if you want to do his quest or not, then once you exit that into the world you can hit your "Reports" button.
    And you should see this.
    reports12_zps80f636fd.jpg

After clicking that, you can see this.
    alignmentreport12_zpsbef4b427.jpg
    Blue =Good
    Grey =Neutral
    Red  =Evil

This is just a default image to show the gauge.
    The numbers are just a placeholder, they can be increased, but the numbers are necessary so you can unlock things you can do for good or for evil.
    But i want to stress the importance of the numbers, because this suggestion is based on only getting 1 point for doing an action either way.
    So do 1 good thing, get 1 point that would move towards good, do something evil, get a point toward evil.
    Once you get to 10 you unlock something really good or really evil.

Every-time you do something that compliments your alignment, that arrow shifts a point int he direction of your choices/decisions.

Now to where this Mechanic would mostly come into affect.
    Villages!

Being Good or Being evil would mostly play a roll in the people, so villages, because they are the closest thing you get to a population you can interact with other than battles and merchants.
    Towns and Castles are already good enough with migration.

Now say you are running around and you wanted to interact with this town, when you walk up to it and get the normal menu, there should be a few more options.
    And these options have consequences aswell as benefits.

These new options would be.
    villageaction12_zpsfcdb0da4.jpg

So you pick the "Good" option and get this menu.
    villagedecision1good1_zps4c52cc52.jpg

Or you pick the "Bad" options and get this menu.
    villagedecision1evil1_zps2be2ad56.jpg

If you pick one of the Good/Bad options, it would just chew up some time, like asif you were in a town and slept at the inn for a little while, or looted and burned a village.
    There doesn;t need to be new buildings or less population in the village because of the option.
    But the effects of the options would atleast stand, like how the village likes/dislikes you, and adding the prisoners, or if you destroyed it completed to summon a balrog, it would atleast go throught the "looted" time frame to rebuild.
    Im not 100% sure how a Guardian would work, but it seems ok, or atleast an avenue for a compromise or a work around.
    Im also not sure if a resistance to things could work either, but it doesn;t matter, everything is up for discussion and debate anyway.

Lets say that you pick a bad decision, and you steal some women and children as prisoners.
    Then you go to CAMP and use a new option.
    camp12_zps8f3e0936.jpg

So you went the evil decision to have the women and children taken from their home, so brainwashing would be the way to go.
    And this is where you convert a random person into a mindless pet of some type that you want to build an army with.
    And hopefully it would be a new unit that you can upgrade and have multiple options to level them up as.

Alternatively, if you were good, and you captured someone who is brainwashed you could get some Good alignment points by un-brainwashing them.
    How they would repay you or join your army or upgrade into something else i have no idea, but it's an option.

Progressing up the Alignments.
    These are just placeholders for things that you would unlock as you go.

Things that could affect the territory you own, or things that you could use on villages, etc..
    Just general things that could enhance and benefit your alignment choices.

If you were to be a Good aligned character.  (note the indication arrow)
    alignmentvillage1good1_zps7c0ac8e4.jpg

If you were to be a Bad aligned character.  (note the indication arrow)
    alignmentvillage1evil1_zpsb2d7c280.jpg

None of this stuff is set in stone.
    I just wanted to throw out the suggestions for it to be looked at and talked about so if this was something the DEVs and players wanted to see, they could atleast make something alot better than what i can think up.

(pretty sure i nailed all of the spelling mistakes, ima go ahead and post this)

While I think it might be a good idea to implement some of these mechanics (that are not effectively in the game) and D&D uses an alignment system, I like M&B's honor system a lot more than D&D's alignment system.  An example of why I hate the alignment system in D&D (which is actually mentioned in at least one of the DMGs) is that alignment is relative.  Robin Hood (usually considered CG) was fighting King John (usually considered LE) because of the taxes that King John imposed....to pay of the debts of Richard the Lionhearted's crusade and ransom so the English would not become bankrupt.  I like the honor system a lot more because some people care because they are honorable nobles....but most don't.
  7. START HERE: Beginner's Guide and Reference Book (2014 version)

talk2dhand120 said:
    I mean to say is the iron shop need iron to make tool and sell them to make profit right?  and easiest to get iron is from greedy dwarf.  How do i get dye beside buying them from goods merchant? 

Thanks

Check out the wiki:
    http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Productive_Enterprise
  8. Suggestions about new items

CHIMouttathisplane said:
    Expensive and difficult-to-get magical weapons isn't really D&D-ish.

Depends greatly on the edition.  You could not buy magic in core 2nd edition.  3rd and 4th changed it and 5th DMG comes out today so who knows.
  9. Suggestions

DeathByRabbit said:
    So I have 369 hours put into M&B and most of that time is with this mod exclusively. That being said, to be perfectly honest, I think if this mod had diplomacy incorporated into it I would likely not play any other mod for a long time.  The features that diplomacy add are just so good and this mod has such great potential that really I am just not interested in many others.
    Everyone asks for Diplomacy. So someone, frequently Guspav, has to repeat that he tried and it did not go over well so trying to integrate it is on the backburner.
  10. Bug Reports (for Phantasy Calradia 2014 only please)

kevinflemming said:
    Not sure if this is a bug, or intended to be like this. I've found that after playing other mods, the villages seem to take forever (it's been something like 20+ days since the last time) to give tasks, for increasing your relationship with them. Also they're not very frequent. I've rode around to ten villages and only one of them had anything to do, in 20+ days. In over 100 days, I've had two tasks.
    As I understand it, each quest you get has a delay to repeat it after it is completed.  For villages I thought it was usually a month, so it is only possible to do each village quest once per month.  This can be tweaked if you want to.
  11. Rare/Magic Item List

Lordrevan said:
    I am quite confused on how to find the mysterious "four ways inn". since it was removed from the original game, where do you find it? these new magical items look really interesting!
    It is south of Dhirim.
  12. Suggestions about game balance (or DMing on Warband)

SmurfInHell said:
    I think the real problem needs to be addressing the mage's power as a whole. Yes, we can make them fairly exclusive, but what does that actually mean?
    I would like to further iterate on this.
    In Dungeons and Dragons, especially earlier editions, the line between the physical fighting classes and the spellcasters was defined. In the beginning the warriors, rogues, archers, and almost every other class would act as the main force. The Wizards and other arcane spellcasters acted as support and held only a few decent spells at early levels that were meant for emergencies. From a logical standpoint in the beginning the other classes had more experience with their respective roles of combat. Fighters were physically fit but lacked some of the trained discipline a seasoned veteran had, rogues knew a backstab could cause serious pain yet still were no where near the level of their higher counter parts, but the Wizard had a huge gap between his beginning and his end levels. A low level wizard was just starting to unravel the mysteries of magic, a whole new realm of possibilities. Their spells were little more than small forces of power they were able to conjure into the world, but they were working towards an end goal. An end goal of immense power - Fireballs, Lightning Storms, true power over the arcane. High level wizards were extremely scary because they were the ones who stuck it out through the tough beginnings to get through to a life of extreme power. Whereas on the other hand warriors at higher levels represented a seasoned veteran that while still a tough opponent, represented the peak of physical training with mental discipline which has limits.

So why is this all important? If we take a look at Phantasy Calradia we see what are kind of jokes at the low level mages. Sure, with tons of low level mages you can do some damage, but they are nowhere near the true power of an actual mage or wizard that is seen after they get more experience with the arcane. This is how people percieve wizards, and it makes sense that at the later levels they would get so powerful. The question is how far should we go in balancing them for gameplay reasons versus the notion of what spell-casters represent?
    2.) Simple. AoE on the higher level mages wreck it all. Even with resistances if you have 10 mages all doing 8 damage to each person within their AoE spot and all 10 mages hit in a relatively same area... That's a lot of Potential damage converted to "Kinetic" damage. This is seen and capitalized on during sieges when everyone is so close that it would be harder for the NPC's NOT to hit a huge group with the spells
    I personally think the issue with wizards comes when they first get an AoE damage spell-which is far from the final upgrade they receive.  I think the issue probably would be resolved if most of the higher level wizards were removed.  In classic D&D, higher level fighers because knights and lords when higher level wizards usually became sages and researchers-people who (hopefully) are separate from politics.  If wizards are the professors of the fantasy world then their adventuring days are a form of research grant.
    Another way to solve the issue could be to remove the ability to recruit mook mages or AoE mages (I think a PoP did this by putting some units at level 41 please confirm) and have more companion mages able to be recruited.  That way neither the player nor the AI can easily get enough mages to ruin the game balance.  The downside to this is it would probably require the Magocracy to be changed.
  13. Some useful tweaks

Suminagashi said:
    As for dealing more damage with Dexterity on ranged attacks, that's simply not usually the case, at least with 3rd Edition and beyond. I've only ever played 2nd Edition once and I steer clear of the watered-down MMO-styled 4th Edition, so I can't speak for them, but my gaming group is currently quite satisfied with Pathfinder after graduating from 3.5. In the systems I am used to, Dexterity is used for ranged attack accuracy while Strength is used for damage for thrown weapons, or bows if they are composite. There are likely some very specific feats or maybe even advanced class abilities that can allow you to change what attributes affect the damage of your attacks, but oftentimes they are also third-party supplements. Currently, my friends and I are playing a hybrid of Iron Heroes using some Pathfinder elements, and my character has a trait that allows me to use Dex for both my attack and damage values for daggers, whether in melee or when thrown. It's a fun system but now I'm just ranting, I think. But anyway, to my knowledge, Dex (or Agility in this case) for ranged damage isn't typically normal.
    In 5th edition (the REALLY new one) you get your dexterity bonus to damage with ranged weapons.  Also, the new Pathfinder book Advanced Class Guide has a feat to do dexterity bonus damage with melee weapons (though not ranged).
  14. Some useful tweaks

I usually use many of these when I play.  It is nice to have a place that has all of the links :smile:
  15. Rare/Magic Item List

habeo123 said:
    You might have missed the Elven Spellsword armor that has around 45 body and enhances magic. I consider it a very useful item for mage.
    I thought that was the Mithral Mail.
Back
Top Bottom