Recent content by Matt77486

1. Civil War/Rebellion mechanisms

Urgh imagine Bannerlord's birthrates combined with Gavelkind succession laws.
    Upon your death your hard-fought, continent-spanning empire would spontaneously explode into a billion castle-fiefdoms and city state principalities...
    **Shudders violently as CK2 intro music is heard in the distance**

**Laughs in Open Succession**
  2. Is it just me or...

Thanks for your input, I'm a college student so I try to be frugal with my gaming expenses. Hopefully by the Steam Summer Sale or something these things will be addressed.
  3. Is it just me or...

Those don't seem to address the rampant snowballing or issues with inheritance, which seem very major from what I've seen.
  4. Is it just me or...

Was really interesting in picking this up, but after viewing a ton of playthrough, this game appears to only be like 20% done. I get that it's early access but it's really far from fleshed out for reasons mentioned all over these forums. Does anyone know how much more the devs plan on building...
  5. New factions?

A Berber/Moors styled Faction would be interesting.

Wouldn't that be too similar to the Aserai though?
  6. New factions?

Go to west, cross the sea (ships/warships, commerce through the water, pirates?), and fight against aztecs, mayans etc.

Pretty sure they lacked the weapons and armor for sure, moreso than West Africa. I would love obsidian weapons though ?.
  7. More/Stronger hostile factions

I'm not so much concerned with income, but rather flavor of the world and basically stuff to do if your faction is not at war. Warband mods that add stronger neutral factions are great because they give you army progression tiers that do no involve other lords.. "oh, now I can deal with mercenary companies, great!" Stuff like that.

I absolutely agree that looters should stay as weak enemies, what I'm suggesting are mid to high-ish tiers bands of neutral hostile armies that roam the land for their own goals. Perhaps rogue knights or deserters

Right now, if my king doesn't feel like fighting anyone, I'm stuck hunting looters and bandits forever, which really is somewhat of a flat experience.

Going the Ck2 route of tremendous realm and vassal instability coupled with messy successions could address this. Conflicts would be fairly frequent but internal to avoid snowballing.
  8. New factions?

Supposedly the Mali, although a bit later than many factions in the game, did have blacksmithing and likely had some armors and respectable weapons. I'm no expert tho.
  9. New factions?

Not sure why people keep mentioning Ethiopia and other African nations as options for DLC. North Africa was annexed by Islamic invasions beginning in the 7th century, there are no other viable options for a loosely based semi historically accurate "African DLC" or expansion. Tribes in Africa had similar technology levels to those in North America in the 11th century which is evidenced by the almost complete annexation of the entire continent by European powers after the high middle ages. Look at the tech levels of the Zulu tribe during the battle of Rorke's Drift, that should provide an adequate example.

You right, Ethiopia was pretty tough tho
  10. New factions?

Warband was Crusade adjacent. Bannerlord is not.
    Well holy orders predated the crusades
    Yes, I'm already thinking about what new factions can be added in later on.

1- An Ethiopian-inspired faction, taking up the aesthetics and feel of 4-8th Century Aksum and Himyar, maybe even with a nudge of Egyptian flair (very appropriate for the Nubians too). Let's call it Kush.

2- A Persian or Indian-inspired faction heavy on foot archers and heavy infantry. Let's call it the Padishash (Rhaegea is said to come from "the realm of the Padishah" in the game files).

3- A "holy order" style of faction similar to the Teutonic Knights, the Hospitallers or the Templars, maybe set in the empty land down under the Nahasa desert, at the coast.

4- An expeditionary Chinese or Japanese force, based on the Treasure Fleet of Zheng He.

5- Early Medieval Iberia? A man can dream.
    +1
  11. New factions?

There's a bit of an empty spot to the east -- my guess is that there might be plans to add the Padishah faction there, as well as open up the map a bit eastward, but I think that would be post-release DLC type of stuff (so it'll be a long time in the future).
    Agreed, too much empty space for coincidence
  12. New factions!

Chinese faction, Indian/Hindi, Parthian/Iranian, possibly Abyssynian/east African

Yes yes yes good sir
  13. Should we be able to marry non-nobles like Companions, Merchants & Gang Leaders?

Yeah, let me be a mercenary with a some cute bar wench wife to support!
  14. SP - General Offscreen invaders can break up snowball factions

Greetings, I find this game very compelling with it's mix of epic singles combat like Dynasty Warriors, army management like Total War, and RP aspects like Paradox CK2. I've been reading through the forum and have seen some really interesting and thoughtful suggestions. I'm optimistic the...
  15. Considering Getting the Game, but have Some Questions

Thanks for all the info and opinions. Yeah, I guess I'll invest in it hoping they build it out a lot more, understanding it's still very early in it's lifetime.

I have recently dealt with a publisher who offered almost no updates after release so I guess I'm a bit weary.
Back
Top Bottom