Recent content by Ling*

1. Ling*

Captain mode - Skirmishers Fastest infantry units?

Yeah I wouldnt want Heavy Archer classes to be too fast but definitely light archers and skirmishers need to be faster than infantry as they are lightly armored and nearly useless in a melee fight without 2handers. Infantry shouldnt be the counter to every class choice. As it stands 1 cavalry...
  2. Ling*

Cavalry is overpowered

I personally don't think Cavalry belongs in modes like Skirmish, TDM, or Siege. They are basically super-heroes compared to your standard infantry, moving at blinding speeds and being super tanky establishes them as a powerhouse unit with incredible versatility. In captain mode as a group they...
  3. Ling*

Captain mode - Skirmishers Fastest infantry units?

The thing is that most of us in the competitive captain mode community want archers and skirmishers to be able to kite infantry units as it makes them viable unit choices. Kiting can easily be countered with the use of Cavalry units which are the fastest units on the field, they can ride down...
  4. Ling*

1.5.5 Balance and Further Changes

@AVRC I am working to get a video on the Ai exploits up A.S.A.P. but I would like to comment on the few exploits that you did mention and explain how they can be replicated by the development team in the meantime while the video evidence is being worked on. As well as why myself and many captain...
  5. Ling*

An open letter to the competitive community

+1 They said they are working on this feature but I have no idea when they plan to release spectator mode. This would help competitive events tremendously.
  6. Ling*

An open letter to the competitive community

I don't participate in Skirmish games or events however we're having a similar discussion in the Captains League discord as we prepare to move into season 2. Last season during our playoffs 1.5 was released and it completely destroyed the competitive vibe by introducing a 6 v 6 shock troop...
  7. Ling*

Captain Isle of Deriad

Snow Deriad is definitely the better Deriad, I really like the direction the team took with adjusting the terrain on this map to make it more open and viable for archers. Great work!
  8. Ling*

[Captain mode] Archers have no counter

Skirmishers should be buffed I can agree with. I can even somewhat agree with taking away 2 handed weapons from heavy archers. What I do not agree with is that Archers are in any way shape or form unstoppable or overpowered. They are incredibly easy to counter with the proper team set up and...
  9. Ling*

State of infantry

Hard disagree my dude, Archers absolutely need to be faster than infantry in captain otherwise they are useless and get taken out within the span of them releasing 5 arrows, the infantry can control the Morale flag points if they don't feel like chasing archers, and archers will eventually run...
  10. Ling*

State of infantry

This is a huge relief! I am excited to see where these changes lead us in the future :)
  11. Ling*

State of infantry

I think it might be because the Ai can't holster its weapons or drop extra weight to increase its movement speed like the player can, but that's just my speculation. Map layout might also have alot to do with it as well. A player archer can climb a wall or a ramp and jump off of it as soon as...
  12. Ling*

State of infantry

I had a match today where I spent 100% of the time running as archers, the enemy infantry was able to close the distance within 45 seconds of the match starting, and fully wiped my unit even though I had not stopped "kiting" them by ordering my men to hold fire and run. Things must be very...
  13. Ling*

State of infantry

Unfortunately Archers in captain mode can't kite well at all, which is a shame to see because Skirmish and Captain balance are dealt with using the same code. I'm sad to hear we won't be moving in the other direction by making Archers faster as many captain players would like to see.
  14. Ling*

1.5.5 Balance and Further Changes

This is a great list! I'm especially impressed with just how much Battania has improved as a viable faction in captain mode, it's refreshing to see that 50% winrate compared to the very low winrate Battania had only a few months ago. I am also very pleased with this data-driven approach to...
  15. Ling*

Captain Ebereth Hillfort

The map has sadly disappeared from the matchmaking rotation again ever since the last hotfix went live no one has been able to play on it.