Recent content by koke007w2

1. koke007w2

PW_Oasis lack of roleplaying.

Osviux said:
    This thread made me play Persistent World Mod again.

I joined the Crossfire server yesterday, but as it was pretty late, I only managed to steal a saddle horse and drown it with me so that the owner couldn't get his horse back or loot me. Today I had a lot of fun constantly attacking the wooden gate of Sargoth, which belonged to the Boltons. As I kept attacking the gate, it didn't count as RDM, but sadly an admin had to ruin the fun by telling me to obey the NLR. In between my breaks I finally managed to break the gate, get into a fight with a group of Boltons, steal money from their chest, jump out a window, kill two coursiers of theirs and die, but my soul was at peace. Also killed a tincan Tismirr who underestimated the awesome power of the Spiked Staff and made 20k.

hahahahahahaha brilliant! we should play together some time.
  2. koke007w2

wheneverwhatever said:
    Not speaking of battles, but people in PW are so rude against each other(not roleplaying ofc lol pffft for noobs xdé cool men kill peasants in PW).Some guy with armor thinks he is better than you, and can treat you like **** (big clan members ofc.) , you just can't enforce RP rules on that server, big clans killed adminship. I am currently an admin in SGaming , there is literally NO WAY to enforce the rules , there are 2 big factions atm, if you ban/punish someone from them, they automatically assume you re holding sides with their enemies, in fact , they hate each other OOC too.
    This new PW is just not for me, I only play to do some outlaw RP with my other 4 homies, and admin rights are fun to use.Its all about fighting with a **** fps,looting,killing peasants who reach near the loot,looting,dying.
    The banking system killed the mod, i would say. Because gaining money is not hard for real.And people will be like "admin they stole my cart" and I will have to say "give the cart back" .Which is bull**** imo.

Indeed I agree with you, I recall making money being really hard back in the day and if there was no admin online you couldnt withdraw anything so you had to fight with what you had, as I said the good oldl days ha!
  3. koke007w2

The Bowman said:
    As long as we keep it civil, it won't. A name change of the thread wouldn't hurt too.
    Done,

and

To be honest just wanted to express my opinion and see if others felt the same way maybe if there were more something could be done and Im glad other players feel the same way.
  4. koke007w2

Dekkers said:
    Ignorance.

I can't implement rules for the clan... All I can do is change my own behaviour and as a matter of fact I never, ever rob anyone.

I am merely "standing up" as I am tired of this useless moaning on the forums and everyone playing the blame game. Just look at yourself, change your own behaviour or do nothing. There is no point in starting arguments like this one.
    I am not mad at you Dekkers I am mad at the fact that your clan keeps ruining everyones fun and role play activity, by being under the name Lannister you support what they do and because you are the only decent player to come and answer on their behalf you are the one that I must refer to not meaning that you do any of the things stated on previous replies. I completely agree that each player should focus on them and try to enhance themselves as players but I also strongly believe that clan leaders do have a stronger responsability as they are the ones in charge that their people do the things they command, if clan leaders tell their members to follow a set of rules they must and will in order to preserve their position as clan members. So if leader lets say x says dont rob peasents and try to rp as much their members will do as they are told and will make the rp expirience much better for everyone but in the other hand if they encourage all these frustrating actions vs other smaller players then Oasis wont have such a bright image/future.
    Thank you for your responses as they were constructive and I am suprised someone in the Lannister Clan doesnt lack in common sense and can have a proper conversation/debate with other people, like I said Dekkers no hard feelings torwards you I have a good opinion of you and all I want is for this mod not to go to waste because of people that dont know how to play it properly or are misleading the point of it.
  5. koke007w2

Dekkers said:
    koke007w2 said:
    Dekkers said:
    Z0mbiN3 said:
    I'm not gonna say much Dekkers, but simply trying to excuse Lannisters actions or anything closely related is pathetic. Not that you guys are the only ones, but you did start this.

Hmm, everyone's allowed to have his own opinion.

I think it's just extremely lame to play a blame game on a forum. Maybe it makes a few people feel better, but other than that it only pisses people off and changes nothing.

Isnt what you Lannisters do in game lame and doesnt it piss people off? ask around why everyone has so much hatred torwards your clan and youll see why I write about this in the forum where everyone can express their opinion and not get halted or insulted like in game  :grin:

I am not responcible for the behaviour of others.

You are not, yet you are the only one that stands up and responds on forums when they get questioned, why is that? big surprise. Of course you are not responsible, but you support what they do and how they behave because you are standing up to them right now. There are other clans that have rules of not robbing commoners and instead helping new players and showing a brighter image of the mod Peristent World instead your clan just sits,walks around, camps in banks and robs veterans,normal and new players which dont even know how the mod works. Now imagine for instance I am a newcomer on this mod I come from playing native and I look for an alternative mod, right the second I join I get robbed  for no reason whatsoever without an explanation wouldnt I come back and do the same? what then? what makes this mod different from others? why do you think its so popular, open up your eyes use some common sense and you will see that this isnt about just killing for money we have outlaws for that and even outlaws behave better than some clans.
  6. koke007w2

Falconer said:
    Quite a clickbait topic title. Although nothing can be done to revert back to what PW was like before.
    On the contrary I think a lot can be done to prevent this, I strongly believe something can be done in order to please everyone.
  7. koke007w2

Dekkers said:
    Z0mbiN3 said:
    I'm not gonna say much Dekkers, but simply trying to excuse Lannisters actions or anything closely related is pathetic. Not that you guys are the only ones, but you did start this.

Hmm, everyone's allowed to have his own opinion.

I think it's just extremely lame to play a blame game on a forum. Maybe it makes a few people feel better, but other than that it only pisses people off and changes nothing.

Isnt what you Lannisters do in game lame and doesnt it piss people off? ask around why everyone has so much hatred torwards your clan and youll see why I write about this in the forum where everyone can express their opinion and not get halted or insulted like in game  :grin:
  8. koke007w2

Osviux said:
    From my clan experience, killing, robbing, taxing or pissing other players off always brought joy and satisfaction, but it was our sense of fun. I remember being a sailor outlaw with a friend and we actually RPed pirates, we would invite peasants to go on a journey to an island, but we would stop the ship half-way and force players to walk the plank, those who refused were killed. We also made trails of money bags to a prison and when some poor fool entered it, we locked the door and made adverts about a ransom. More intelligent clan members would always try and provoke players they'd like to kill by halting them or in any other legit way, others would just random, we actually tried to provoke every stranger we met, we never missed an oppurtinity to make a kill. We had to smooth up so many things with the admins, but most of the time we managed to gain their favor. It used to be so much fun back in the old days indeed.
    Killing is fine, I enjoy fighting dont get me wrong but its just the lack of RP in these killings that annoys me and I am sure many others aswell, those ways of killing people are gone now you cannot just simply walk into a castle to sell your gear for example because you will just get slaughtered or robbed. It should not be this way and what you get nowadays its "not walk the plank" its a halt and a "respawning in 30 seconds" message after that, and with the current administrative/rule system you are taking more screenshots ingame than anything else to prove the other side wrong. In other words the quality of the player base/admin staff in general has deteriorated extremely.
    This post will probably go unnoticed it might even get deleted but I hope the message goes across to the people I intend to send it to, thank you for your point of view once more.
  9. koke007w2

Osviux said:
    I started playing PW somewhere at the point of when it was released, but I mostly played it to fight other players. That doesn't mean I couldn't RP. I used to enjoy RP in some massive events or I did it when I needed to get out of a difficult situation that could've gotten me killed. But usually I'd find an average sized faction or make my own with my Native clanmates and wage never ending wars. I would give away my newly conquered castles so new factions could develope which I could destroy again. I also heard comments that I should go play Native, but Native doesn't provide the features and gameplay that PW has to offer. I once participated in a RP only event, but it was really boring. If people want to kill others they shouldn't be condemned for having a different sense of fun.
    I am not saying that is wrong, of course there has to be some fighting involved but my point is these clans come into the server and all they do is "halt" and rob other players if they see them. My point is there is no roleplay involved at all, sometimes I wonder if they do it to annoy other players or to feel much bigger than them. Lannisters have been around for a long time now and I have not yet seen roleplay activity from their part.
  10. koke007w2

Dekkers said:
    Personal opinion I guess.

I've been playing M&B for like five years, I was around when people RP'd, I was around when people banked with admins and not banks/scripts, I was around when clans rose and when they fell, yet I don't miss anything.

I don't miss the RP, at some point I had enough of it, I don't hate this clan war either, I think it's a nice change.
    Like, you didn't actually believe that people would RP for like 3-4 years, did you? <-- talking about the majority here.

I guess the best thing you can do is leave it for the nice memory it is and accept that things have changed. The majority of the current PW community exists of NW regiments / NW players, they simply have a more competetive mindset and care more about the fighting mechanics than the chat.

I also think it's worth mentioning that it's quite silly to sit down on a forum and then post about how everything that happends on PW is bad. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean we ''ruined'' a mod (talking about we as I am in the clan you mentioned). Just because people had other ways of playing this mod doesn't mean any person is better than the other.

When ever I read topics like this I always get the feeling that it's bad to love war and that RP'ing is where it's at. Ofcourse I respect that some people prefer RP, but stop trying to hate on people that want war and those who love a fight in PW. As for that matter, I prefer a PW fight over a Native fight, seeing as I am expecting a: ''why don't you play native then??'' argument.

-Lord Addam Lannister

Addam let me ask you an honest question and I expect an honest answer please: do you like PW wars better because you have a huge clan with a huge economy and it is much simple for you to go out in plate armour and crush some new players with weaker equipment than yours? I mean you there in your reply just proved my point you just play PW for the fighting, PW is much more than that and if you cannot see that then I guess you do not get the point of the mod and its purpose. PW has always been about roleplaying and trying to act being someone else, you rarely see someone called templar or priest nowadays you just see tags like *name*_Lannister. I think something needs to be done in order to save this mod as people will get "bored" of always being robbed and killed just like you got bored of roleplaying. 
  11. koke007w2

The Bowman said:
    Currently, if you want my sincere opinion, it looks like the major clans are led by wrong people with wrong understanding of the game. They either lack basic common sense or just have the mind of a chicken. Simply put, in the current conditions, it's quite disgusting to witness a casual day in PW. It feels like the sole purpose of a casual clan member is to find a reson to kill as many people as possible and piss them off...because they can (and they're not prevented from doing that; sometimes even encouraged). And if anyone concerned is reading my reply: Only because of you, half-brained morons, had PW lost its feel and purpose; it's you the ones who gave Vornne yet one more reason to stop developing one of the most popular mods for Warband; and finally, it's you the ones who put the last nail in the coffin for the old community. Grow up already.
    I couldnt agree more with your statement Bowman, the lack of maturity some people show is unreal and it is most definatly sad that this mod is turning into a deathmatch rather than a role playing one. As they say the good old days were the best but I still strongly believe we can bring them back if we go in the right direction.
  12. koke007w2

As a veteran Pw player for the past 4 years,  I have seen everything that can be seen. I have been admin for the old server "United" (some of you wont remember it) and I have been a complaint free player. With this I can finally say this mod has died completely, by this I dont mean the player...
  13. koke007w2

[Recruiting] 124th British Infantry Regiment of Foot

Norwegian said:
    Good luck to you guys!
    Thank you very much!
  14. koke007w2

[Recruiting] 124th British Infantry Regiment of Foot

Welcome to the 124th Regiment of Foot, We are a new British Regiment of foot with veteran officers based on the game Mount and Blade Napoleonic Wars in which we expect discipline, teamwork, and above all courage. We are known by our enemies as the Red Devils, we leave no man behind. And even...
  15. koke007w2

The Spaniards

I wanted to thank you all for your point of views, it helped a lot to see some aspects of the group.
Back
Top Bottom