PW_Oasis lack of roleplaying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Falconer said:
Quite a clickbait topic title. Although nothing can be done to revert back to what PW was like before.
On the contrary I think a lot can be done to prevent this, I strongly believe something can be done in order to please everyone.

chunky_monkeh said:
Why specifically target my server while this is one of the many "PW is dead" threads.

Because you're the ones responsible, you have let factions like the Lannisters for instance become more powerful than the administrative team itself, something that has never happened before. You know why? Because they are a big asset of your server and a liability you cannot afford to loose. When you decide to put system rules such as a limit on clan capacity for example, things can become a little bit better not only for you, the administrative team, but to the community itself as a whole.

koke007w2 said:
Dekkers said:
Z0mbiN3 said:
I'm not gonna say much Dekkers, but simply trying to excuse Lannisters actions or anything closely related is pathetic. Not that you guys are the only ones, but you did start this.

Hmm, everyone's allowed to have his own opinion.

I think it's just extremely lame to play a blame game on a forum. Maybe it makes a few people feel better, but other than that it only pisses people off and changes nothing.

Isnt what you Lannisters do in game lame and doesnt it piss people off? ask around why everyone has so much hatred torwards your clan and youll see why I write about this in the forum where everyone can express their opinion and not get halted or insulted like in game  :grin:

I am not responcible for the behaviour of others.

Dekkers said:
koke007w2 said:
Dekkers said:
Z0mbiN3 said:
I'm not gonna say much Dekkers, but simply trying to excuse Lannisters actions or anything closely related is pathetic. Not that you guys are the only ones, but you did start this.

Hmm, everyone's allowed to have his own opinion.

I think it's just extremely lame to play a blame game on a forum. Maybe it makes a few people feel better, but other than that it only pisses people off and changes nothing.

Isnt what you Lannisters do in game lame and doesnt it piss people off? ask around why everyone has so much hatred torwards your clan and youll see why I write about this in the forum where everyone can express their opinion and not get halted or insulted like in game  :grin:

I am not responcible for the behaviour of others.

You are not, yet you are the only one that stands up and responds on forums when they get questioned, why is that? big surprise. Of course you are not responsible, but you support what they do and how they behave because you are standing up to them right now. There are other clans that have rules of not robbing commoners and instead helping new players and showing a brighter image of the mod Peristent World instead your clan just sits,walks around, camps in banks and robs veterans,normal and new players which dont even know how the mod works. Now imagine for instance I am a newcomer on this mod I come from playing native and I look for an alternative mod, right the second I join I get robbed  for no reason whatsoever without an explanation wouldnt I come back and do the same? what then? what makes this mod different from others? why do you think its so popular, open up your eyes use some common sense and you will see that this isnt about just killing for money we have outlaws for that and even outlaws behave better than some clans.

Ignorance.

I can't implement rules for the clan... All I can do is change my own behaviour and as a matter of fact I never, ever rob anyone.

I am merely "standing up" as I am tired of this useless moaning on the forums and everyone playing the blame game. Just look at yourself, change your own behaviour or do nothing. There is no point in starting arguments like this one.

Dekkers said:
Ignorance.

I can't implement rules for the clan... All I can do is change my own behaviour and as a matter of fact I never, ever rob anyone.

I am merely "standing up" as I am tired of this useless moaning on the forums and everyone playing the blame game. Just look at yourself, change your own behaviour or do nothing. There is no point in starting arguments like this one.

I think he is criticising oasis/lannisters in general, not you specifically, and if not your message as a lannister defendant but not you as a player. You cannot control the rest of your clan being a lower rank. I believe not many have a problem with 'dekkers' and if they do, I believe they are wrong.

Dekkers said:
Ignorance.

I am not mad at you Dekkers I am mad at the fact that your clan keeps ruining everyones fun and role play activity, by being under the name Lannister you support what they do and because you are the only decent player to come and answer on their behalf you are the one that I must refer to not meaning that you do any of the things stated on previous replies. I completely agree that each player should focus on them and try to enhance themselves as players but I also strongly believe that clan leaders do have a stronger responsability as they are the ones in charge that their people do the things they command, if clan leaders tell their members to follow a set of rules they must and will in order to preserve their position as clan members. So if leader lets say x says dont rob peasents and try to rp as much their members will do as they are told and will make the rp expirience much better for everyone but in the other hand if they encourage all these frustrating actions vs other smaller players then Oasis wont have such a bright image/future.
Thank you for your responses as they were constructive and I am suprised someone in the Lannister Clan doesnt lack in common sense and can have a proper conversation/debate with other people, like I said Dekkers no hard feelings torwards you I have a good opinion of you and all I want is for this mod not to go to waste because of people that dont know how to play it properly or are misleading the point of it.

The Bowman said:
As long as we keep it civil, it won't. A name change of the thread wouldn't hurt too.
Done,

and

To be honest just wanted to express my opinion and see if others felt the same way maybe if there were more something could be done and Im glad other players feel the same way.

I think the best way to settle this dispute is the simple fact that PW servers are what the PLAYERS make them, if the overwhelming majority want to play the tin-can castle camping noob stomping mass robbing game, then that's what's played. The constant light RP associated with pre 4.x versions is long gone, and truth be told back then it wasn't even the best. PW has never been stated to be an RP mod, nor will it ever be. It's the servers and their players that dictate the gameplay so really you have noone to blame but yourselves in the manner.

Personally? I'm with Bowman 100%. Y'all created your own beast, and now it's starting to bite the hand that feeds it.

I have personally moved to crossfire, it was in a really bad state a week ago but it seems like changes are being made. Quite a fan now, will keep playing there if things keep going the way they are going. About oasis, I am done with it.

jherraez said:
I have personally moved to crossfire, it was in a really bad state a week ago but it seems like changes are being made. Quite a fan now, will keep playing there if things keep going the way they are going. About oasis, I am done with it.
A good example of what I just said.  Also, is there any need to keep putting random things in bold all the time?

Froi said:
A good example of what I just said.  Also, is there any need to keep putting random things in bold all the time?

Highlighting the important things, could be random for some, could be important for others. The option to do it is allowed, do not pick on me cuz of that mr knight :grin:

jherraez said:
Froi said:

Highlighting the important things, could be random for some, could be important for others. The option to do it is allowed, do not pick on me cuz of that mr knight :grin:
So nothing else in your post is important?  I have the option to do this to all of my posts, but should I?  If people actually read the post, they will find the important things themselves.

Besides that, is Crossfire NA or EU?  Thought it was EU but I may be wrong.

Wars on Crossfire is actually quite fun. We had a war with Boltons and it was the most fun I had in PW for the past year. There was no camping, we got out of our castle and met them on the fields several times. It was small skirmishes and it went both ways. The best part was when our small ''commando'' force tried to capture Brackaltwald, and then a **** ton of Boltons arrived and we rekt them in the first minutes, but because the respawn timer is like 3 secs in Crossfire they kept on spawning inside brack and at the end we were overwhelmed.

GoldenEagle said:
Wars on Crossfire is actually quite fun. We had a war with Boltons and it was the most fun I had in PW for the past year. There was no camping, we got out of our castle and met them on the fields several times. It was small skirmishes and it went both ways. The best part was when our small ''commando'' force tried to capture Brackaltwald, and then a **** ton of Boltons arrived and we rekt them in the first minutes, but because the respawn timer is like 3 secs in Crossfire they kept on spawning inside brack and at the end we were overwhelmed.
lol because camping is definitly and obviously decided by the server and not the players playing :roll: :facepalm:

On another note, Vornne has stated many times that the module was not intended for roleplay, but was a fancy way of playing TDM.

GoldenEagle said:

Yeah I was in it, was amazing! I am enjoying it very much  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom