Recent content by Kogara

1. Kogara

VC:RE Hotkeys question

CeltiberoCaesar said:
    Kogara said:
    I discovered, completely by accident, that there is a call horse button - I don't remember if VC had this before as it has been awhile, but I'm 98% certain I didn't see a tooltip telling me I could call for my horse.

On that note, are there any other hotkeys that people know about that are not listed that I should know about?

Hi again, I knew it was somewhere...  here you have:

Ok, so it IS listed somewhere at least. Cool. Thanks for that.

I've played M&B for so long that I don't really pay much attention to the skill descriptions since I know what they all do, so that explains why I never noticed that! I'll have to glance through them later to make sure I'm not missing any others in there.
  2. Kogara

Tipsu94 said:
    Kogara said:
    I discovered, completely by accident, that there is a call horse button - I don't remember if VC had this before as it has been awhile, but I'm 98% certain I didn't see a tooltip telling me I could call for my horse.

On that note, are there any other hotkeys that people know about that are not listed that I should know about?

Well there is info about horse call , on the loading screen. And well just go to settings and you will see all hotkeys here i think.

I tend to load the game a bit too fast for that - not to mention random tips are not exactly the best way to reference associated hotkeys lol.  As for settings, I checked controls and I didn't see it in there. But that's not surprising since it's not an original function of the game. Mods don't have their unique hotkeys in controls either. Usually they provide a reference somewhere in the notes.

CeltiberoCaesar said:
    Kogara said:

Hi Kogara,
    There are other keys there. We will check which one are not "intuitive" enough.

Fair enough. It would be great to know the useful ones, like anything not camera related. All the times I've spent chasing after my spooked horse when I could have just pressed H, you know? :razz:

I'm pretty sure just listing all of the non-standard hotkeys and their uses in the notes would likely be the obvious choice. Things listed in the controls under settings are both obvious and easily found, whereas the "mod" specific things are a little less so. The tutorial pop ups for other functions are fine, but for example it can be easy enough to forget some of the camera controls. (Strategic, etc)

I've been playing M&B (Original) since the early days of .300~.700+ (many years ago, that) and plenty of mods since then, so I usually just press some familiar keys most mods use, which usually works. But yes, a reference page somewhere would be nice.
  3. Kogara

I discovered, completely by accident, that there is a call horse button - I don't remember if VC had this before as it has been awhile, but I'm 98% certain I didn't see a tooltip telling me I could call for my horse. On that note, are there any other hotkeys that people know about that are not...
  4. Kogara

[BUG REPORT - VC: RE]

Ok so, if you start a new game as King (Royal Sandbox or whatever), it seems your companions aren't really your companions. They don't show up as owned in the companion tree (The graphical one that has their models), and while their feelings are listed under the companions tab, their statuses...
  5. Kogara

Morrigan story question (spoiler alert)

CeltiberoCaesar said:
    Dahvos said:
    TheRingisHot said:
    Finally found it, yaaay!

But tbh Morrigan was by far the most interesting companion... it's a pain, that I couldnt keep her from leaving....
    Excuse me for a moment, I gotta cry hard now

Btw I wonder will she be available in a sandbox game?

there is a way.
    just camp right outside the fortress and put morrigan in it. That way you get your revenge/ money/ or influence without him being butchered by morrigan being there and triggering her leaving you. :idea:

Take advantage of it, it will be fixed soon.  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Why do you hate us? lol :razz: - You introduce a great/interesting female character, let us romance her, and then rip her away shortly after! There's not many interesting female characters in this, in my opinion, other than Solveig. This was true of Warband too. Actually, that's all companions to some extent, but that's beside the point.

*sigh* Oh well. Really do wish you guys would consider changing it. Perhaps if we've taken the time to romance her, we get an option to convince her to stay, but if we didn't she leaves no matter what? Or if we romanced her, we get a quest to try and track her down? I don't know, something. It just kinda sucks as it is.

(On an unrelated note, besides some bugs, liking a lot of the changes/additions so far. Cheers!)
  6. Kogara

Morrigan story question (spoiler alert)

Dahvos said:
    TheRingisHot said:
    Finally found it, yaaay!

But tbh Morrigan was by far the most interesting companion... it's a pain, that I couldnt keep her from leaving....
    Excuse me for a moment, I gotta cry hard now

Btw I wonder will she be available in a sandbox game?

there is a way.
    just camp right outside the fortress and put morrigan in it. That way you get your revenge/ money/ or influence without him being butchered by morrigan being there and triggering her leaving you. :idea:

After testing this, I can confirm that she WILL be in your party, however, the Chronicle claims you killed her, and on top of that she's not "really" part of your party. For example, don't send her out as a messenger or some such, because she probably wont come back.

(If you look at your companions panel, you'll notice she is not listed. From my experience, this leads to bugs. For example, the Start As King sandbox I did started me with Solveig, and as above she was not listed as a companion beyond her opinion of me and such, thus when I sent her as an emissary, she never came back and I never could find her to recruit her again. To "fix" this, I started over, told her to leave my party, then went around looking for her til I found her and recruited her again. )

Bottom line is, you can keep her, but she's kinda stuck in an unfinished state. As far as I can tell anyway, I don't think you'll be able to marry her or send her out on errands without breaking something. I could be wrong, but suffice it to say that the fact that the Chronicle at the end of the quest claims you killed her if you leave her at camp indicates something isn't right.

It REALLY sucks though, because this character has some nice dialog and dialog options, etc, and it would be great if she actually counted as a real companion. She doesn't even show up in the companion tree.

Presumably because you were never intended to keep her, which sucks.
  7. Kogara

Question about "Insane Damage" difficulty setting

I see. I did try checking for a tooltip at the time, but maybe I just didn't hover long enough haha.

I'll check that again, but thanks for the info!

Cheers

EDIT: Yeah my tooltip seems to be stuck on the tooltip for stamina. That's why. I know what the rest of the settings are from Brytenwalda, so it's fine....but an odd bug regardless.
  8. Kogara

Question about "Insane Damage" difficulty setting

Hi there, really quick question, assuming someone has the answer haha; What exactly does the "Insane Damage" setting do? Does it just buff my damage, or everyones damage? I'm trying to test it now, but so far I've only been in some tournaments, so I'm not really confident with those results...
  9. Kogara

Is there a way for me to get more Ronin?

Computica said:
    Some of what you mentioned has already been listed on the first post of the Active progress list. There are so many mercs in-game because I'm developing a mercenary contract system. You'll have to be patient until I develop the code but you could always use cheats to Ctrl+T click around the map until you find more.

Plus the number of mercs found in taverns is highly based on your level and campaign difficulty settings. If you put the campaign difficulty on easy you'll find an high number of Mercs in the early game. So as you evolve to hire levels you'll find many more troops that you can hire. For now I wouldn't advise you to try to modify any code so just be patient and wait until a few game days go by or your level is high and search for Ronins again.

No problem, I can be patient  :wink:. I just figured I'd ask. I'll look forward to the update.

Out of curiosity, is going to be like the original SOD Mercenary Camps? Or something completely different?

P.S. If I drop the campaign level to easy, temporarily, will that kick in right away (for easier merc hunting) or will I have to wait a few in game days? (If you know)

Daedelus_McGee said:
    Have you tried putting trays of sushi out on your castle's front porch at night with large bottles of sake? I'm reliably informed that this will attract them, you just have to collect the drunk ronin in the morning.

LOL. No, but that is a good idea. And I like the idea of rice as a commodity  :mrgreen:

EDIT: May I also suggest that, if you're going to do faction related stuff, such as rice, an obvious choice might also be to add sake, with a moral boost associated. Though you probably already thought of that :razz:
  10. Kogara

Is there a way for me to get more Ronin?

I've only found them in a tavern once so far. I want more of them so I can have a proper contingent of Samurai. This question kind of applies to any unit in any mod but, is there a way for me to get more of them? A line I can edit with morges text editor perhaps? (As in, is there a way to...
  11. Kogara

ON HOLD - Pike & Blade Merged v3.3.2 (Needs to be updated to 1.143/DP 4.1)

SovereignReaper said:
    Hey guys, I really like the look of this mod - one problem, though. The American government, in its never-ending war on everything cool on the interwebs, just nuked Megaupload. I mean totally demolished - there isn't even a page that says "This site has been taken down and is under investigation by the FBI." So, would any of you fine gents happen to be able to host the file somewhere else?

edit: they just put the notice up today (1/21), so at least they have a reason for it being down. Still can't access the site, though, obviously.

Yeah Megaupload and several other file host site are either nuked or blocking people from the U.S. to protect themselves. Unfortunately I don't even have a copy of the mod now (forgot to back it up during an OS upgrade! Grrr) and even if I did, I have no idea where I'd host it >_>
  12. Kogara

Hey guys :cry:

Super busy with life. Like, trying not to be homeless kind of busy. I promise that's not an exaggeration either. Fellow working age Americans here should understand my plight, in theory. It is rough out there. I would rather face down a horde of raging Nords (which is most nords) then deal with this job market.

Anyway, I haven't been able to update this, I apologize for that. If things die down here I might stop and take the time to do it (though I lost the files I normally use in an incident, so idk) it really isn't too hard to do this your self honestly....but yeah I'll try when I can.

Bottom line though, I may have to drop this indefinitely, if it wasn't already obvious. Sorry, life calls like a siren off the shores of Calradia, and I can offer little resistance.

If, and it's a big if, but if I can put out a release, I will update the title and thread. But in the meantime, assume I died lol.

Thanks for sticking around guys, hope you had fun so far.
  13. Kogara

As posted in the OP: About the upcoming update: I'll probably have to wait until Diplomacy its self is updated to the latest patch. According to the moderator here, an update should be coming soon. After that, I should be able to whip up a quick update to the merge for you guys. Sorry for the inconvenience, but that's how it is :smile:.

/end

So that said, I'll keep a more active eye on this until then. Sorry guys. If I understand correctly, the outdated Diplomacy is giving people problems, and I don't feel comfortable putting together a release if it means its just going to be buggy and busted. If I'm mistaken, please tell me, but some proof might be nice too.

Anyway, with any luck we'll have an update soon.
  14. Kogara

I haven't been playing, and have been super busy, so I was completely unaware of a patch. I'll try to post an update soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience
  15. Kogara

eMen said:
    Do I need to install Diplomacy first, in order to overwrite it with this mod?
    tnx.

Hi eMen! No, diplomacy comes packed right into to this mod, as well as Imgran's reboot :smile:. Just download, put it in the module folder and play :mrgreen:

Hope you enjoy it! Feel free to come back if you have any questions or problems!
Back
Top Bottom