ON HOLD - Pike & Blade Merged v3.3.2 (Needs to be updated to 1.143/DP 4.1)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey guys :cry:

Super busy with life. Like, trying not to be homeless kind of busy. I promise that's not an exaggeration either. Fellow working age Americans here should understand my plight, in theory. It is rough out there. I would rather face down a horde of raging Nords (which is most nords) then deal with this job market.

Anyway, I haven't been able to update this, I apologize for that. If things die down here I might stop and take the time to do it (though I lost the files I normally use in an incident, so idk) it really isn't too hard to do this your self honestly....but yeah I'll try when I can.

Bottom line though, I may have to drop this indefinitely, if it wasn't already obvious. Sorry, life calls like a siren off the shores of Calradia, and I can offer little resistance.

If, and it's a big if, but if I can put out a release, I will update the title and thread. But in the meantime, assume I died lol.

Thanks for sticking around guys, hope you had fun so far.

Here's a present for anybody who's interested (P&B in Module System):

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=202111

Hey guys, I really like the look of this mod - one problem, though. The American government, in its never-ending war on everything cool on the interwebs, just nuked Megaupload. I mean totally demolished - there isn't even a page that says "This site has been taken down and is under investigation by the FBI." So, would any of you fine gents happen to be able to host the file somewhere else?

edit: they just put the notice up today (1/21), so at least they have a reason for it being down. Still can't access the site, though, obviously.

SovereignReaper said:
Hey guys, I really like the look of this mod - one problem, though. The American government, in its never-ending war on everything cool on the interwebs, just nuked Megaupload. I mean totally demolished - there isn't even a page that says "This site has been taken down and is under investigation by the FBI." So, would any of you fine gents happen to be able to host the file somewhere else?

edit: they just put the notice up today (1/21), so at least they have a reason for it being down. Still can't access the site, though, obviously.

Yeah Megaupload and several other file host site are either nuked or blocking people from the U.S. to protect themselves. Unfortunately I don't even have a copy of the mod now (forgot to back it up during an OS upgrade! Grrr) and even if I did, I have no idea where I'd host it >_>

Does anyone have a copy of this that they can rehost? I'd love to try this mod combo out, but unfortunately there is no way :sad:

Hi.  I'm here.  Late as usual.  I'll try and figure something out but I make no promises.  I'm no file sharing maestro, especially with files too big to e-mail.

I *do* have a copy of the mod still, I've even been quietly revising the troop tree without uploading anything, so if someone wants to hit me with a suggestion of how to get the thing uploaded, we can go from there.

Failing that, what I could do, is go back and start over sticking strictly to Native Mod Compilation v 1.0, which is at least up to 1.143 standard now, and just re-do the troop tree, and put out my e-mail address to send people the troops.txt and party templates.txt.  If I get enough interest I'll try to do that and put it forward as Pike and Blade reboot v1.4.

Sooooooo, I finally got bit by the bug again, and there's a 1.153 stable version of NMC-Full out on beta, so I might actually get a chance to import my reboot to it.

.. that is, if my computer I had the old mod code on it hadn't crashed, burned, died, and been thrown away months ago.

Sigh.

So does anyone have a copy of the old mod?  I'd love to get my hands on the following files

item_kinds1.txt
troops.txt
party_templates.txt

Everything else I'd done to the mod is going to be relatively easy to redo, and I was going to have to do it anyway because the module code was shot before I was done releasing updates the last time, but a lot of the really hard work of my mod went into my text file edits.  If someone could bundle those up and send them to imgran-at-roadrunner-dot-com, I could get the mod up, running, and up to date in pretty short order. 

Whiiiich really means nothing except that people could buy gloves and crossbow bolts at the stores again, but still, you know, that's something, right?

I could do it without these files, but I'd wind up making a lot of the old mistakes over again, and since I had a relatively stable and well balanced system going, I'd rather not if I don't have to.

Also I'd need to find a new place to host, but let's get something TO host before I worry too much about that.

... or about the fact that I'm apparently talking to myself, the audience for the mod having evaporated sometime around the turn of last year.  Sigh....

Oh.  OH!  And...  and.... ANNNNND I might just have finally figured out how to solve the problem of the troop tree viewer.  It'll involve importing a lot of the stuff from those three edited text files into the module itself, but that's surely not impossible is it?  Just tedious.

But first I need to find a live copy of those text files!

FOUND IT!  I FOUND IT!

In all its flawed, two-versions-old, can't-buy-gloves-or-crossbow-bolts glory,  here it is!

http://www.mediafire.com/?benfgkfnn56bweq

God bless my brother who never cleans old files off his computer!

Now for the big question:  Is there enough actual interest in this thing to go ahead and update it?

Back
Top Bottom