Recent content by Kipch@k

1. Kipch@k

Shouldnt Settlement Icons be incorporated into the core game?

Yeah, I just listed a few examples. Your addition is reasonable regardless, of course.

In my mind Scouting is a skill of managing army scouts, not of being the single person in the entire army who has eyes, so the better you are at Scouting, the more your scouts would be organised, the more they'll keep their ears open for village rumors while passing near them, and the better they will work towith make sure this information reaches the ears of the army commander.
    Thats the whole point. Game crates a world with mathematics based calculations and we are acting as they are real life scenarios. I was arguing about settlements having icons about missions you can have isn't really breaking my immersion instead it improves it. If i was in that situation and looking for a way to improve my relations with a village (or make some money) i would tell my scouts to gather rumors. I would also make a map along the way and mark the villages of the type of troops i can hire or type of production they make. Simple as that.
  2. Kipch@k

A drink to you, sir or madam. Talking coffee, of course.

The mod OP mentions is useful, but provides a bit too much information, perhaps moreso than the game intends to make avaliable. While a tournament is referenced in the game world as "the big thing" (talk to arena master for info on that), the fact that you only get to hear about it when you're already touching the arena door with your nose is a bit strange. Surely people would be talking a lot. The game then breaks that element of immersion itself by having tournaments in like 1/3 of cities of the world at any given moment, but that's a whole different topic.
    Keep in mind that I merely present a personal opinion.
    Also concider the fact that you have a scout. Which knows where a lords party is from a day away distance with information about, how many troops, prisoners even wounded he has. He/she gathering these rumors also a viable reason to see them.
  3. Kipch@k

But you don't have perfect information. You get SOME trade rumours, and they are limited to touch points that feel plausible. That's good - trade would be dead boring if you didn't need to do some of the work to find arbitrage opportunities. And it would be obnoxious if you just had to buy and pray because you had no price tracking tools at all.

Perfect information is something people often wish for, but it makes most systems less interesting. The current lack of communication of quest rumours in the game is obnoxious, but getting perfect information would swing too far the other way. The mod is there for people who prefer to sit on the other side of the pendulum's swing. At some point either the base game or the mod will find the Goldilocks point.
    Yeah i see your point but it's not exacly the same thing as trade rumors isn't it. I just give that as an example. I mean if a village has a family feud it should be a widely known thing around isn't it? atleast it is in real life. Or village notables daughter was being kidnapped could also something everybody heard about. Like how could you hide something like that. Maybe spy party misson can be something you dont post on a bulletin board but if you have good relations with the lord of a town i'm sure you have a way to hear that rumor.
  4. Kipch@k

Cavalry advantage in simulations is reduced to 20% from 30% - Shouldn't these calculations be more complex?

i just read it. Indeed its sad. I always thought it has a simple r-p-s system. i guess not.
  5. Kipch@k

Yep, that's exactly right. You meet people on the road and someone knows that a dude in the next valley over is willing to put money behind getting rid of the local bandit haven. It's as simple as that.
    Yes, thats pretty much how quest system works in every rpg game, you go to a towns tavern and check the bulletin board. That could be another way.
  6. Kipch@k

Trade rumours aren't universally communicated, you have to find them yourself. They also age out in a "soft" way, you still get them when they are obsolete and you aren't sure how accurate they are. They work pretty well on the balancing act between quality of life and immersion.

This mod could be tuned to a similar balancing point, it just hasn't been refined yet (much like the game as a whole). I think the refined version of this mod's functionality should totally be in the base game, and it belongs on the development schedule after hundreds of other issues. That's why it isn't in the game right now.
    Exactly my point. You can still get a trade rumor from a city you just trade with, you don't have to talk with anyone.
    Maybe you can see a icon on a settlement and go check to see if mission is available. Right now if you have bad relations with a village, they still have blue exclamation mark yet they dont give you the quest. Only explanation for this is missons spreads by rumors. So its not immersion breaking.
  7. Kipch@k

SP - General More use of messengers and diplomats [Suggestion]

i know, i saw, sorry wasn't clear enough. What i meant was assign them in clan screen like scout, engineer and such. So you dont have to pick a certian companion every time. And their charm skill may make a difference.
  8. Kipch@k

SP - Economy SMITHING SKILL, EQUIPMENT DETERIORATION and MAINTENANCE system, PRICE BALANCE.

I like the idea of armor getting worn over time, but implementing into economics of it seems bit too complicated for a game this size. This could be very hard to balance considering how bad AI economy in this current stage of the game. Including this would break it even further in my opinion. And if this becomes only we have to deal with not AI, is not good for immersion.
    So half agree.
  9. Kipch@k

What's up with the purple items?

I was shocked when i found out i cannot bring throwing knives in towns. I mean they are useless otherwise.
  10. Kipch@k

SP - Battles & Sieges Bandit Hideouts - Choose your Team

Like DeRuyter66 said units that are on top of your party list should come in hideouts with you. Party screen enhancements mod makes it very easy to arrange them the way you want. I recommend using it.
    But i suggest another idea in this. Maybe a perk in rougery tree allow us to bring more people in hideouts?
  11. Kipch@k

SP - Economy Suggestions for Economic Improvement

Firstly to the Bannerlord team: Good job on fixing (fingers crossed) bankruptcy of NPC lords.
    Secondly, here are a few suggestions to further improve the game's economy and overall feel of the game:

1. Banditry is prevalent with low prosperity. This makes sense upon taking a new village/castle/town. It would force you to take care of your new area (NPC lords included) and earn this back. As prosperity rises, however, banditry reduces to the point of 0 at a high level. Yes, 0. Chasing down bandits is tedious as is knocking out bandit camps. This should 100% tie back in to recruitment ability but inversely. At low prosperity villagers are desperate for work and you can find a plethora of tier 1 recruits. As the prosperity increases, you find very few troops but the ones you do find are tier 4+. This is on a slider so it can run the entire gamut. This would also tie in to esteem with village notables. I think there should be fewer quests available but they give a great deal more reputation if completed. This way, early on in the game, a player might actively choose to seek out villages in their preferred faction to get those better units. Of course with less money, they'll likely be frugal.

I dont agree with the first one. More prosperty means more money to steal. I think it should be other way around. You can increase security which keeps the bandits away but prosperity goes down. Or you can reduce security, prosperity goes up but bandits and criminals aswell. I think its more likely in a medieval scenario isn't it?
  12. Kipch@k

SP - Economy Suggestion to selling fiefs without perk

This is most annoying thing i have encountered in the game so far. Bartering fiefs should be the most important part of diplomacy in the game.

%100 percent agree. Please fix this..
  13. Kipch@k

SP - General Horse race in tournament

Great idea (y)(y)
  14. Kipch@k

SP - General More use of messengers and diplomats [Suggestion]

Maybe we can assign one of our companions for that job. Give them an army to protect them along the way as well. And if they fail, troops might bring back their heads in a plater to us just for more authenticity. :lol:
  15. Kipch@k

I dont see how it could break your immersion. You have trade rumors right, which is basicly the same thing, is that any different somehow?
    What about its implemented in a way they only show up in your vicinity only?
    I really like that mod, literaly cannot play without it. Not because of missions because it makes really easy to see what villages produce.
Back
Top Bottom