Recent content by Kadoken

1. Kadoken

Main Thread - 3.0 released!

PLEASE fix the village spawn glitch. Battles and training quests always spawn where the Nervous man likes to hang out in bounties. The training peasants get trapped in the building so you have to go all around, and the worst part being battles where it turns into a gigantic brawl because everyone spawns in the same place.

Edit: The glitch where you try to leave w/o renting a boat and it immediately brings you back to the rent menu is tstill there too

Edit 2: The arena fights spawn you in the ceiling and you automatically lose
  2. Kadoken

Bug Reports and Suggestions

That 800 requires a war of attrition
  3. Kadoken

Any progress?
  4. Kadoken

Ishtari troops and armies with lots of horsemen (like I've seen with the Gathani armies) will wreck your **** if you go primarily muskets and they catch up to you either by attrition, geography, or even distraction. Now, modernized (pre-breechloaders/factories) troops can stand more of a chance of going at it alone and being 90% of your army, but you're still going to take casualties if you don't have some pre-modern or Ishtari (I use them as an example as they never modernized in my 1000+ day game) to back you up, and allowing your army to be 40% melee 60% rangedwhen your nation is modernized (mine was Kasthind) gives you legroom to be able to repulse cavalry charges and stalemate if not obliterate other melee troops while you flank with ranged troops or pick off stragglers.

Though Kasthind may be a bad example as even some of their troops (marksmen) don't even have a melee mode for their rifles and modernized (and traditional) Gashajin troops seem to be better off dealing with melee troops as I believe they get kukris/chopis and the traditional troops maxed out have pretty decent armor and a decent melee weapon.

I really want to play Sayazn again now.

One question, are the Gashajin Turkmeni based?

Edit: on Bayonets, yeah they are kind of underpowered, but I think it makes for a nice dynamic where pirmarily ranged troops with either blunt gun or bayonet will lose to a primarily melee fighter unless they swarm the melee fighter or just kite and reload and shoot.

Edit 2: I mean Turkmeni names, not overall Turkmeni culture.
  5. Kadoken

Gekokujo: FAQ, Wiki, and Quick Help

How do I change the female voice of the PC to the vanilla Warband one?
  6. Kadoken

Gekokujo II?

gebhard001 said:
    I think he answered in another thread saying that he'd be interested in doing it in a different time period and/or expanding the world to include the mainland China + Korea.

I actually exclaimed audible joy when I read this.

I love the era and the dynamic that getting rid of shields and the super fast horses does to the gameplay and just the amount of polish. I would love to see that expanded to an Imjin War-esque mod where at least Japanese clans, Joseon Korea, and Ming China are available, making a united Japan the end boss or Ming/Joseon the end boss for a united Japan.

I would also be excited to see a Boshin scenario on the same map, with a stretching of the timeline from Perry opening Japan to the 1st Sino Japanese war in terms of weapons and factions available (and not actual scripted timeline or whatever). Though were there a choice, I would choose expanded Sengoku to include more of East Asia over Boshin/Meiji Restoration/Satsuma Rebellion/etc.. Playing Sayazn, I could see Jacobhinds doing great work with that would he be favorable to undertaking a project like that once he was secure in the development level of his own mod.
  7. Kadoken

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Why no roads? Please make functional roads. They were important in history, they would be good for armies and merchants to speed up travel, keep common routes for traveling units, and they would be aesthetically pleasing.
  8. Kadoken

jacobhinds said:
    Sort of, but the operations are working really haphazardly. The documentation isn't very good and some of them are just broken becsuse taleworlds apparently didn't test them.

Are you going for a Carribean! type of thing or just two boats locked together like a tirereme and basically a land battle but on two ships?
  9. Kadoken

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 12 - The Passage Of Time

Polycount said:
    DanAngleland said:
    Fair enough, those are good reasons- you quoted the wrong post at the top of your post though; that 'what is your point' etc was directed towards Kadoken  :smile:

Right, since he hadn't answered yet, I was trying to clear up what he may have meant in saying that.

That was my point. Thank you for answering in my stead.

Looking at a few of the Gamescom pics, there are roads, but they're basically still lightly painted textures on the map. I really wish they would add more functionality to them and make them look better.
  10. Kadoken

DanAngleland said:
    Here is a quote from the main Bannerlord thread, where this issue has received a lot more discussion earlier in the day than here (why does general Bannerlord stuff even get posted here, like it is an alternative forum rather than a thread for a specific sub topic, aka blog 12?):

Captain Lust said:
    Since this was mentioned a few pages back, I'll post a clarification here for you hardcore Bannerlord thread pilgrims. We'll be making our own announcement, later today anyway which will cover this too.

It's not our event, so we don't have control over the production and media they choose to distribute from it. What we'll probably do is just wait and see what comes out from PC Gamer itself and then release our own stuff in support, going into details and covering everything, similar to how we handled it with Gamescom. We of course understand that nobody wants to miss out, don't worry!

I doubt they will simply post the 40 minutes in full, it is a lot to watch at once and many people probably would prefer to get the highlights or have it split into two or three blogs. But Lust says we will be told everything there is to know, and probably get video clips of all the important stuff, and there is no reason to doubt that- as he says, similar to how they handled Gamescom. In any case, we will probably hear stuff from visitors to the event who post online about what they've seen and heard before the Weekender is even over, just like at Gamescom. PC Gamer will doubtless put short highlight videos online in the week following the event and then TaleWorlds will go into detail and show us more of the less spectacular stuff.

Have you read the recent pages of the main bannerlord thread?

This one at least stays tangentially related to the actual game at its worst.
  11. Kadoken

DanAngleland said:
    I seem to remember a developer being asked about guns before, and they said no, they wouldn't be doing any work towards firearms whatsoever.
    That's lame

Wulfburk said:
    Like Warband. but just making it sure the codes are in at the least.

Hopefully that is true.
  12. Kadoken

Will support for gunpowder weapons be in? I know the timeframe is earlier than Warband and the base game did not have gunpowder weapons, but I think it would help for mods that use muskets and other blackpowder weapons like L'Aigle, Sayazn, Gekokujo, et cetera instead of having to write their own code.

Also, could there be a new Napoleonic Wars or something of that nature? I know Flying Squirrel Entertainment is working on Battle Cry of Freedom, but I don't think that Mount and Blade would be prevented from having a multiplayer expansion based on gunpowder weapons because of that.
  13. Kadoken

jacobhinds said:
    Even without the dents, I'll have to make narrow corridors of texture which messes up movement quite a bit. And since my "steppe" texture is actually normal grass, I'll  be forced to use the desert texture, which I've tried before and it doesn't look very good. And I can't add new terrain types either.

Really? I didn't know it was that hard.
  14. Kadoken

I don't the dents, I just want them to be textures on the map. To make it look more pretty.
  15. Kadoken

Were I to create a graphic tracing the routes caravans and villagers take from city to city and village to city respectively, while also charting out routes of convenience (say passable valleys between mountains), would you add road textures to the game?

I love the work on the map with the farm plots and the varied terrain. Vanilla and modules usually have mostly featureless terrain, sometimes just a giant patch of green with a few mountains making up the whole land. I was pleasantly surprised when I loaded up an early version of Sayazn and saw the detail on the map.

I would, and this is the inner Total War player in me, like to see roads between settlements. Roads are probably one of the most integral things that made up early civilization. The Romans, Persians, and Inca (to name a few) created renowned roads that marked what territory was theirs and made faster travel for armies. Now I'm not suggesting roads give speed advantages, I want them purely for aesthetic. Truthfully, I hope they integrate roads in Bannerlord that give advantages in the base game, but I'm not expecting that for Warband or its modules.

I think they would be a really nice touch.
Back
Top Bottom