Recent content by JurgenJuggernaut

1. Helmets/Hats and Hair Meshes

But C) how does that flag choses which "cutted hair" places at the helmet?
  2. Helmets/Hats and Hair Meshes

a) Yes
    b) Not right now, tough all knowlegde is usefull
    c) This one is trickly, lets say vanilla has hair A and B, when using helmets (all helmets) use the cutted version of A. Id like to make helmets use cutted version of B when having B hairstyle (that it doesnt right now, even for being a vanilla hair).

Also related to this kind of knowlegde, my new hairs. When using helmet use cutted hair A as default, so would like to know who to change that.
  3. Face Models - Edditing them

Thank you for moving question to the apropiate place, and sorry to fill it in the wrong place.
  4. Helmets/Hats and Hair Meshes

I think they have (will check), because they show hair automatically, trouble is they are not using the "cut" ones I placed in brf, and would like to change some of the existing ones to add to the ones that dont have.
  5. Cloths/models with skin colour

Yep thats right, in other words "clothes that have parts with human skin"
  6. Face Models - Edditing them

Sorry for taking my time to reply, and not for not posting images. My problem was related to exporting issues, I downloaded blender extension but was importing/exporting as "normal" obj, while I had to use the "experimental" (I suppouse).

After exporting with "normal" and importing into brf, the beard/hair models had "holes or patches", in game too.

Also Id like to ask you if you can point me to:
  7. Helmets/Hats and Hair Meshes

I'm trying to add new hairs, but helmets/hats are missing new hair meshes. I found in the module source a script named "change_hair_under_hats", tryed to "edit" it but in-game Im still missing those new hairs under hats/helmets. Any pointers for this wound be apreciated. As to how include new...
  8. Cloths/models with skin colour

Some clothes and models have skin "colors" as faces, Im edited skins to change those colors, which file or what do I edit to change clothes "skin color" to match the face colors I edited?
  9. Face Models - Edditing them

thank you for replying me, I was wondering also about hairs:

I took hair to blender exported then opened in brf but now hair have holes where literally there is no texture, it doesnt matter if i dont do anything to the file as long as I use blender and export it has the same problem for hair/bears only. Any help again is apreciated thank you.
  10. Face Models - Edditing them

Hi all, I want to modd a little bit, and tryed to change face models, installed brf, copied requiered files for faces and blablabla. I exported obj from original files and eddited with Blender, exported back and "reimported" model to change the mesh used to mine, changed file in installation...
  11. SP - General [1.5.7 Beta NoMods] Suggestion on settlement rebellions and settlement rebel clans

I have to comment that, I have two views on your post, having only one would make that clan weaker if it rebels vs more than one faction, on the other side would be nice since would be as if player was the one rebelling, since all the lords would see them as a thread. Also some of this rebels can become part of another kingdom, which means having only one clan per settlement would be difficult.

I'd like to add to your post, that a city/castle fief that becomes "rebel" effectively converts all garrison within, it doesn't matter if troops are from another culture.

I think there's and old post around speaking about a rebelions system, that basically under x % rebelions parties are created near the fief and mix to become stronger.

Would be nice if settlement was "sieged" by this parties and only troops of the same culture to convert instead of "auto" rebel. This would need to be a special kind of siege scene that fights happens inside the city.
  12. SP - General Campaign Party Stamina

Bodkin would be less painful, that was the point. In the vital organ, yeah, but still lesser chance to hit those with sharp bodkin than wide normal head, that cuts more.

For the damage type, we had mentioned that. Summarising:
    ArmorDamage it counters
    PaddedBlunt
    ChainmailCut
    PlatePierce
    LeatherCut/Blunt (but not as much as pad/mail)

But then there is problem of directing type of offense towards intended offence, as now game does not allow to be much picky.
    Im going to but it, not the point but: chain vs pierce, plate vs cut, you got it backwards. I think I agree with @Mikal Manfriedson, bodkin are suppoused to be an evolution of arrow heads, yes maybe they dont bleed your enemy or hit a bigger area but certainly cut deeper, deeper means more changes of hitting something important... (as having higher chances of critical hit)

And also agree that, why would someone use bodkin vs someone that doesnt have armor, archer troops should have both arrow types and exchange between them depending on the target, also I would like to point out "again" that archers are way too deadly compared with historical sources, where in most battles they were support type.

Meaning a hail of arros would kill a very few and wound a few, not as in game that are killing machines.
  13. SP - General A different approach to army building: level up/equipment

Now do I understand it right, that you actually COULD have a Khuzait Recruit with the gear of a Khuzait Darkhan but still having the skills of a Recruit? And that we can level him up later to meet his gear ability-wise? That way you could give a recruit better gear making him 'survive' his training in the field easier. He would still earn recruit wages but can be upgraded later to higher tiers retaining his gear? Are we even able to bluff? Having seemingly harmless T2 troops that are actually veterans and 'fake' T6 troops, which are basically recruits? Oh, I can see a lot of deception here. Imagine parties running from your forces because they believe you are stronger...oh the irony.
    Or have I understood something wrong?

Yes, you did understand it, though my point wasnt deception at all, I would suggest a "tittle" or naming to make difference between one another, ex:
    Khuzait Nomad "Elite", being Khuzait Nomad its Rank/Lvl, "Elite" its gear quality
    Khuzait Darkhan "Recruit", "", "Recruit" its gear quality

This could be "option" to see or not the tier troops are wearing, The point is that gear doesnt make someone "veteran" just makes it easier not to be killed, but that gear costs. You we dont hinder leveling, also could be add a "wage" cost or something to simulate the cost of reparing/mantaining gear, thus high quality gear is expensive too in the long run.
  14. SP - General Campaign Party Stamina

Ranged attacks should excell against Low/Un -protected targets but against highly armoured units they should not. High - tier armour should have a chance to nullify the piercing ranged attack, only giving the target a low blunt damage for the impact.
    Totally agree, I really dont know if armor has protection vs some kind of damage or how in general this maths are done here, but certain armors not even high tier, should be more protective vs x type of damge, for example mail ones vs arrows/piercing.

Would also be nice if debuffs would be applyed depending on the place arrow landed, ex: shot to the arm "cripples" melee attack or attack speed, shot to the leg cripples movement or movement speed, and so on, not just high damage. And depending of how and armor is (the protections that it has, material and so on) is the damage it "nullifies".
  15. SP - General A different approach to army building: level up/equipment

@JurgenJuggernaut Have you read the thread or only the OP? @Mikal Manfriedson and I has changed the suggestion quite abit :smile: Just so we know which suggestion you are disagreeing with.

@Mikal Manfriedson, maybe we should update the OP?
    The main post, sorry, for not reading the whole dump me, will update my comment.

Yep update it xD.

@Mikal Manfriedson
    "But you are of course entitled to your opinion. I just do not share it. I mean...are we talking the same gear items? Your only novelty is that you can give them at any time while in my model you can only give them to them on upgrade. I do not get, what is complicated in both systems!? *scratches head*"
    What I meant is having units leveling up for example 5 - 10 - 15 - 20 levels with the same gear ("Recruit gear"), and having as you have said "Gear" item, that upgrades the equipment quality gear of the unit independant to their level, thing with this system is that is way complicated.

Then there would be 5 Tier gears:
    • Tier 0 [culture] Civilian Gear (This is for farmers and the like)
    • Tier 1 [culture] Recruit Gear (This is the starting gear of recruits)
    • Tier 2 [culture] Soldier Gear
    • Tier 3 [culture] Veteran Gear
    • Tier 4 [culture] Elite Gear
    Note: Doesnt matter which they are archers, infantry, riders or nobles.

So for example: khuzait Peasant (lvl 5) can be upgraded with a Gear of any Tier, you dont need a T2 to upgrade to T3. You can be T0 and use a T4, but his stats are those of a lvl 5 (or his current level). Upgrading levels wouldnt cost gold, only increases wage. We would use gold for the gear and horses.
    Khuzait Peasant (Lvl 5)
    5 gold wage
    Can be upgraded to;
    Khuzait Peasant (Recruit)
    Khuzait Peasant (Soldier)
    Khuzait Peasant (Veteran)
    Khuzait Peasant (Elite)
    Levels up to Khuzait Nomad (lvl 10)
    Then Khuzait Peasant (Recruit/Soldier/Veteran/Elite) can still be upgraded (level up) to Khuzait Nomad, thing is under this system the troop tree would "deform" and change way to much, horse upgrades would need horse still, thats way I said it was complicated.

Note: I would also say that horses to work like gears to make the troop three more flexible. But that basically would change the whole troop tree, to having 2 types archer and infantry from which they can become mounted ones.

The whole idea behind this, is that Veteranity does not has to do with gear quality. Most medieval systems and also other governement systems most troops had to get their own gear, ex. Greek Hoplites inherited their armor from their fathers, most medieval armies had to pay for their gear, few like the Roman Empire provided such gear, or even pay to them.

That said the player itsef starts as a merc like band, still I like the idea of mercs not needing gear and instead having bigger wages. Plus under such system would help eco problem right now with parties and garrisons, since would mean your "regulars" get less wages, but instead they are provided with food and gear, this itself could become a Kingdom policy.
Back
Top Bottom