Face Models - Edditing them

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi all, I want to modd a little bit, and tryed to change face models, installed brf, copied requiered files for faces and blablabla. I exported obj from original files and eddited with Blender, exported back and "reimported" model to change the mesh used to mine, changed file in installation directory and went to see in - game.

The model is there BUT now face sliders dont work, any help is appreciated.

Solution
If you take a look at Native faces (or at the ones of other mods), you will notice that the mesh has the box called something like "vertex animated" checked which means there are multiple meshes (all having the same count of vertices) basically bundled together to represent different shapes of faces. You can click through the frame numbers and see the different shapes.
You exported one face and imported it later again, so you have the other vertex animations not available anymore. You would basically need to create different variations of your face (all with the same count of vertices and UV-map!) and merge the frames in OpenBRF.
If you take a look at Native faces (or at the ones of other mods), you will notice that the mesh has the box called something like "vertex animated" checked which means there are multiple meshes (all having the same count of vertices) basically bundled together to represent different shapes of faces. You can click through the frame numbers and see the different shapes.
You exported one face and imported it later again, so you have the other vertex animations not available anymore. You would basically need to create different variations of your face (all with the same count of vertices and UV-map!) and merge the frames in OpenBRF.

Upvote 0
Solution
thank you for replying me, I was wondering also about hairs:

I took hair to blender exported then opened in brf but now hair have holes where literally there is no texture, it doesnt matter if i dont do anything to the file as long as I use blender and export it has the same problem for hair/bears only. Any help again is apreciated thank you.

Upvote 0
Sorry for taking my time to reply, and not for not posting images. My problem was related to exporting issues, I downloaded blender extension but was importing/exporting as "normal" obj, while I had to use the "experimental" (I suppouse).

After exporting with "normal" and importing into brf, the beard/hair models had "holes or patches", in game too.

Also Id like to ask you if you can point me to:

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom