Recent content by InferiorBeing

1. InferiorBeing

So... the Custom Battle Mode.

I Think he was talking about someone else...

So you think I wanted to troll... by posting a long, thought-out thread about a legitimate issue? That's a strange way of trolling.

The AI operating like that was in WB...

That said, Custom Battle mode in Native Warband does not include even the rudimentary AI that is in Native SP battles. Native Warband Custom battles the enemy always charges: no more, no less.

That's because there are no "Lords" in Custom Battles. Only Lords can give orders, and in Custom Battle, the enemy party is always leaderless. In the Campaign, enemy parties without Lords (Like bandits and so forth) behave the same way - no-one's around to give them orders, so they just charge straight at you and die. It's intentional.

I've never been able to figure out why they didn't include an option to give the enemy party a Lord in native Custom Battle.

---

I actually have this vain, little hope that the enemy force in the NW Custom Battle -mode is actually supposed to have a commander-like character who can give orders, but he's not spawning due to a bug. This could explain why the AI either just takes up position where it spawns, (the default behaviour for NPCs who have not been given any orders.), or simply charge mindlessly at you. (The default behaviour for NPCs who have not been given any orders in vanilla Mount & Blade/Warband.)
  2. InferiorBeing

dont get snotty with me mate. just play commander battle that makes up for all this crap you are whining about

If that's the attitude you're going to take, I suggest you drag your worthless and thoroughly unproductive arse out of this thread. You have nothing to contribute with.
  3. InferiorBeing

you know your stuff mate i'll give you that.

I beg your pardon? You make it come off as some obscure, arcane knowledge that takes effort to become aware of. It really isn't.

The case is really simple. I asked if the "Custom Battle"-mode would be ****, they said it wouldn't be. I then played the game, and it is ****.

I think the most unfortunate part is that the mode itself, on paper, is pretty good. They've taken the original mode, and instead of half-heartedly porting it over to NW, they've actually taken the time and effort to make that mode something worthwhile, and not the throwaway nonsense from the original. And then all of that is rendered completely pointless because they don't actually have an opponent for you to fight.

4. InferiorBeing

As the game is 100% multiplayer, I was surprised when the developers told me that the game had still kept the "Custom Battle" -feature from the original Mount & Blade, (which was incidentally a result of me personally suggesting it to the original developers.) Upon hearing this, I was initially...
  5. InferiorBeing

My NW ''Gaming Snack''!

Wow. Spamming the forum with irrelevant nonsense is ****ing fun, eh?
  6. InferiorBeing

Bugs!

When? Surely you mean 'if they have been fixed'.

*Sigh.* Don't remind me.
  7. InferiorBeing

Bugs!

You forgot to include the most important part: the actual performance measurement!

Urgh. Of course. :roll:

I uninstalled the game, deciding to download it again later when the worst launch-bugs ought to have been fixed. I'll get back to you then. :???:
  8. InferiorBeing

Can't issue orders in Custom Battle.

If you wait a few minutes the bots will begin to attack. In testing the custom battles I found the bots do one of two things: they charge right out of spawn, or they sit in spawn for a few minutes then start firing their muskets.

I only ever saw the bots charge right at me and get massacred. Not good gameplay.
  9. InferiorBeing

ITS ON STEAM

Is the STEAM-version more complete than the GamersGate-version? GamersGate mistakenly released an earlier build, and mayhem ensued on my system. Is this version better?
  10. InferiorBeing

Bugs!

Does anyone know if the STEAM-version will be more complete?
  11. InferiorBeing

Problem on an almost biblical scale.

I see we have a comical genius in the forum. Delightful.
  12. InferiorBeing

Bugs!

On the topic of bugs, the performance is quite poor.

My computer:

Two Radeon HD 6990s in CrossFire.
    Intel Core-i7 950.
    6+ GB of RAM.
    Windows 7 64-BIT.
    The game runs from a fast SSD-drive.

So you see, my computer is quite beefy. No reason for the game to run so poorly.
  13. InferiorBeing

It is an issue with the movement order, specifically, correct?

Yes.
  14. InferiorBeing

Bugs!

Install nw, then that patch.

I did that, and I have the same problem.
  15. InferiorBeing

Just tried a Custom Battle. Whenever i try to give my guys an order, the game CTDs. I have the newest version of Warband, and the preliminary NW hotfix.
Back
Top Bottom