Recent content by Gordulan

1. Gordulan

Noob Questions

MrGrendel said:
    It's not that hilarious: Poorly equipped troops that survive battles did in fact accumulate better gear.

Considering both rarity of armor as well as some armors like plate needing to be custom fit, you probably would not exceed the most common of, I'd say, chainmail at best, and any sort of common weapons or shields this way.

On the other hand, professional troops are for the most part wearing what they do for a reason, for example mercenary or faction archers would more likely stay in leather.

Ideally it would of course depend on what faction you were fighting at the time. Peasants that help you win against Nords might upgrade into a mix of leather and chainmail, axes and clubs. Winning against Khergits, a mix of leather and scale, bows and spears/lances... etc.

But yeah, units of fullplate mounted knights didn't get that way from looting battlefields.  :smile:

It would be kinda interesting to have a hybrid system where bandit and basic sellsword troops use the native system of upgrading whereas the nation conscripts and volunteers continue using the Silverstag system. I'll probably toy around with that idea in private just for kicks now that's stuck in my head.
  2. Gordulan

Submod: Silverstag Redesigned v3 (0.24 Basic)[Updated 11th Nov 2014]

Bumped up for new version release.
  3. Gordulan

Actually yes, I will be updating this to be compatible with the future versions of Silverstag. Rhodoks are being a pain in the butt for me, it's a bit of a pain in deciding on what I want the Lords to dress like for battle and who's going to be a different "nationality".
  4. Gordulan

Windyplains said:
    Your work is one of the reasons the source for Silverstag is being released now instead of waiting for the next save breaking update.  I highly recommend moving over to working with the module source ...

I'll most likely do that now, but I basically had just finished up with the Vaegirs about an hour ago and I thought that I might as well publish the updated textfile now rather than later.
  5. Gordulan

Update: V2 now up, altered all Vaegir Lords and Ladies.
  6. Gordulan

Pre-battle positioning?

Agrippa91 said:
    I have a small but annoying problem that I can preposition my units by giving two orders, let's say infantry and cavalry, but then as soon as the battle starts everybody just runs towards me standing on the spawn flag so I have to give the order again. Especially cavalry gets really disordered this way.
    I always take the "Take the Field" option when battling if that helps, every other option doesn't seem to have the prebattle deploiment.

You mean when the units start running full pelt to the initial spawnpoint of your army, right?

I had that problem for a while, the only way that I was able to bypass it was by assigning the orders for my divisions prebattle (I think you need 4 tactics to be able to select it as an option) and then using the deployment "phase" to reposition them where I wanted and for once they actually stay where I put them.
    My guess is that the AI gets confused on where they're supposed to be as the "take the field" option essentially just drops a "hold this position" order the moment you spawn in.
  7. Gordulan

I had considered that, but the problem is that an awful lot of the newer facemeshes and textures (especially the female ones) scream hollywood pretty. And I'm as lazy as I can get away with (Which is kinda the biggest point in why I decided to skip those mods :lol:), and after redoing 69 faces for version 1 without once touching the randomise button at all I personally don't want to redo them once again, from scratch, that'd be a drag. I'm the kind of guy that sits down, looks at the heraldry of the noble in question, checks that attitude that he has (You know, sadistic, good natured, martial, those ones.) And only then decide how I desire them to look like.(Sure, many of the nobles have randomised attitudes, but they follow an overall tendency towards either a negative or a positive one. Haringoth is always a surly SOB while Grainwad's always the nice dude.)
  8. Gordulan

Silverstag Redesigned (V3) Greetings, as I've never seen anyone overhaul the NPCs of import in modifications and since I was quite tired, bored and found myself with more time on my hands than I could really know what to do with I decided to kill some of that time with one of the most tedious...
  9. Gordulan

A couple of questions.

Right, I now have one more question, what level of Pathfinding offsets the horseless map movment malus for Lords? I'd like to know this to not overdo the pathfinding skill bonus I'm giving some Swadian lords that I feel wouldn't use a horse in open combat.
  10. Gordulan

A couple of questions.

Larmantine said:
    1. They replenish themselves, the amount of work would be too damn high for the manual running thing you said. Please refer to the silverstag wiki or use the search function for similar questions.

It's just that the wiki doesn't make a detailed description of when the quivers replenish, I've had archers run out of arrows and never restock them a number of times even if I've had 20 Swadian Supplymen and Katrin being part of the archer division or a seperate one behind the archers. It could be that for that playthrough that I experienced a couple of scripts that failed to load, but still, getting some concrete knowledge on when the archer is eligible for getting resupplied would be a huge help as I tend to focus around a core of powerful archers with most of my characters.

Larmantine said:
    2. I'm not authorized to answer this, but IIRC Windyplains was happy when I made a small reworked troop tree back in the day. Still better wait for permission though.

Yeah, I used your troop tree submod back when I last played Silverstag. I think it was either the 0.20 or the 0.21 version if I remember correctly.
    And in general I will naturally wait for permission for that, and besides the waiting bit will let me finish up the more prominent families. (As of this moment I've only altered all the companions, pretenders, regents and about 50% of the swadian lords and ladies for my own personal use.)
  11. Gordulan

A couple of questions.

Right, been a long time since I last paid a visit to the forum, not to mention the actual game, I have however a couple of questions about Silverstag. 1. Just how does the supply runner ability work, do the quivers replenish by themselves, or do you have to actively retreat with the units that...
  12. Gordulan

Question about Garrisons and Lord party composition.

First of all, great mod, just beautiful mechanics changes, this has invalidated the desire to play every other mod out there because I can no longer be assed with trying to keep recruits alive. Hell, I've been enjoying this mod so much that I'm posting again in years. How does Silverstag utilise...
  13. Gordulan

Companions - from Farmers to Knights

isn't it the startup thingy where you create your character?
  14. Gordulan

Prophesy of Pendor 3.0 Screenshots

been a long long time since I was on here last, but still I've been playing PoP 3.01 and more or less "created" a "heroic" (the ingame heroes...) knighthood order, pain in the ass to find the gear for my heroes, especially the eventide plate... But ´nevertheless, here's "Knights of The Twin Eagles" (Eventide Plate, Black Greaves, Dark Hounskull Bascinet, Twin Screaming Eagle Heater Shield, Broadhead Javelins, Southern Naginata & Runed Bastard Sword, Black Leather Warhorse)

mb1-2.jpg

mb2-2.jpg
  15. Gordulan

SP Fantasy Warsword Fantasy Battles Mod / Warsword Baptism open test version out now

long time, no see guys, and anyways, I got the mod a couple of day ago, and well yeah... After playing as an orc for that duration I thought to myself, maybe a rat head ought to look good on him, and the result is in the pic...

I present to you a RatOrc, one of the latest clan moulder projects gone right. quite hilarious, if I do say so myself.
    mb1-1.jpg
Back
Top Bottom