Submod: Silverstag Redesigned v3 (0.24 Basic)[Updated 11th Nov 2014]

Users who are viewing this thread

Gordulan

Sergeant
Silverstag Redesigned (V3)

Greetings, as I've never seen anyone overhaul the NPCs of import in modifications and since I was quite tired, bored and found myself with more time on my hands than I could really know what to do with I decided to kill some of that time with one of the most tedious things I could think of and later enjoy the aesthetics of. I tend to do this to every mod that I touch if I am mildly disappointed with the NPC faces.

Right, well, let’s get started. My ultimate goal is to completely redo the stats, starting equipment and faces of All the Companions, Lords and Ladies of Calradia in the Silverstag modification wherever I feel the necessity.

Companions

100% complete

The stats and skill overhaul of the companions might not be to a huge amount of interest to you, but I gave each and every one of them a statistical template to start off around. I also reduced their levels down to 1 for my convenience, and to delay the time at which they will unlock their “Perks” thus placing a bit more importance on playing the early game instead of just diving into kingdom battles.

The attribute stats of each companion totals to 45. Each companion has a primary attribute (15 points), a secondary one (12 points), and two tertiary (9 points).(Nizar is a little different with the attribute point allocation though, he has three secondary attributes and one tertiary)
The skills of each and every companion I started off with placing two points into ever skill and then subtracting and adding to appropriate areas of the field while conforming to the attribute 1/3 limitation, therefore some companions start off with “favoured” skills sitting pretty at 5. However, since I am a lazy bastard I ended up giving all the companions a weapon mastery skill rating of 10. Yes, I know that this unbalances some companions who have perks that rely on weapon mastery, and yes, I feel that this was a little silly of me to do so, however, I’m going to stick by it and not alter it as it gives those perks more than just a minimal benefit to the companion generally allowing them one to become a powerhouse in their chosen field.
Weapon proficiencies were also decided in a templatey way. Each companion has two Favoured weapon types (120) two trained weapons (100) and two untrained (50).
And that is the general reasoning behind the stats of the companion statistics.

Faceshots of the changed Companion Faces. Documented in v2. Little to no difference in v3.
Alayen
2lwsjeo.jpg
Artimenner
25r03sn.jpg
Baheshtur
23hp1z7.jpg
Borcha
o5q5w9.jpg
Bunduk
2dhvbcy.jpg
Deshavi
2lcab84.jpg
Firentis
2rzrvpv.jpg
Jeremus
nqeq1c.jpg
Katrin
2jdgho8.jpg
Klethi
2qutet4.jpg
Lezalit
2q0vf44.jpg
Marnid
303gup1.jpg
Matheld
ic625w.jpg
Nissa
345oetd.jpg
Nizar
ogm2xe.jpg
Rolf
wvxtv4.jpg
Ymira
2qs17oo.jpg

Lords, Ladies, Monarchs, Claimants

Monarchs & Claimants: 100% complete

Lords & Ladies: 50% complete

I always found that most of the lords and ladies who are related in a direct way looked nothing like each other so what I basically did with each and every single one of them is actually have the son and daughter of each lord who has them actually have similarities of their respective parents.

I also noticed that several monarchs despite being related to their claimants didn't look anywhere near the age of what I'd expect. One such annoying issue I dicovered is Yaroglek and Valdym as well as Sanjar and Dustum, from what I've read in the lore Valdym and Yaroglek are cousins, therefore I'd expect that they'd be at around the same age. Sanjar and Dustum are brothers and yet, Sanjar appears to be at least 30 years older than Dustum.

Update for V2
A taste of some Vaegiran Lords.
Boyar Belgaru
t8u1sh.jpg
Boyar Doru
mbha2w.jpg
Boyar Gastya
jzzkom.jpg

Compatibility

Compatible with the 0.24 version of silverstag. Not compatible with v0.23 due to new items having been added and King Ragnar utilizing the new Norse heavy armour now.
This submod isn’t savegame compatible as it essentially works off of changing the troops.txt file, so to see any changes to companions, lords, ladies, monarchs and claimants you’re going to need to start a brand new world.

Bugs

Right, there is one bug that I simply don’t have the knowhow to weed out. Every once in a while, whenever you start a new game the hair fails to load on the lords. It is solved pretty easily if you just start up a new game, I’m sorry for that inconvenience. I’m no more than just your average moron who knows only the very basics of modding.
(Count Meltor should be bald with a beard though [He shaves the upper part of his head {I think that he finds it fashionable}], that one is intentional. No other Swadian lord should be missing his dome cover. If you see Clais, Delinard or any other swadian lord other than Meltor with a polished scalp you’d best restart into a new game)

Installation Instructions

1. Download the submod.
2. Make a backup of the troops.txt file located in your Silverstag mod folder. Just in case you want to revert to the vanilla stuff.
3. Overwrite the troops.txt file that is inside the Silverstag mod folder.

Download

Now that you’ve (hopefully) read through this long winded speech for nothing more than a submod that only replaces one textfile I present to you the Silverstag Redesigned submod.

V3: Has Swadian, Rhodok and Vaegir Lords redesigned along with the Companions, Claimants and Rulers. Tweaked the majority of the swadian troop tree look more "swadian". In statistical terms they're very slightly squishier than they used to be.

DL Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/577o3rrz7ak9k7i/troops.txt

A Couple of Notes

The facecodes should essentially work for most other mods that incorporate the extra male facemeshes and I’m nearly 100% positive of that.
Truthfully though, what I really want out of this submod is for it to be incorporated into the full Silverstag package.
Yes, I am working on the other lords & ladies, just thought that I'd actually upload the stuff instead of waiting until I'm fully done and it slipping my mind.

The toolset that was used in me editing the troops.txt is Morgh's Warband editor. The last thing I would bother doing is editing the raw .txt file. So I greatly appreciate his work and if you want to play around with toying with Warband then here's a link.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/?topic=105928.0

The main reason why I've stuck with a simple textfile edit is because I'm well, lazy. This way it requires minimal work from my end and I can enjoy the actual game.

Changelog

V1: The Initial version (Contained within was the Companions, Monarchs, Claimants and Swadian Lords and Ladies)(Done for Silverstag Cinematic 0.23)
V2: Added changes to all Vaegir Lords and Ladies. (Silvertag 0.23 Cinematic as a base)
V3: Made changes to all the Rhodok Lords and Ladies. Tweaked the Swadian troop tree to be more Swadian.

Nice!

Have you considered using the improved faces mod I've seen in some of the newer mods out there? It turns our troll-folk into humans that are actually pleasant to look at :razz:

I had considered that, but the problem is that an awful lot of the newer facemeshes and textures (especially the female ones) scream hollywood pretty. And I'm as lazy as I can get away with (Which is kinda the biggest point in why I decided to skip those mods :lol:), and after redoing 69 faces for version 1 without once touching the randomise button at all I personally don't want to redo them once again, from scratch, that'd be a drag. I'm the kind of guy that sits down, looks at the heraldry of the noble in question, checks that attitude that he has (You know, sadistic, good natured, martial, those ones.) And only then decide how I desire them to look like.(Sure, many of the nobles have randomised attitudes, but they follow an overall tendency towards either a negative or a positive one. Haringoth is always a surly SOB while Grainwad's always the nice dude.)

Your work is one of the reasons the source for Silverstag is being released now instead of waiting for the next save breaking update.  I highly recommend moving over to working with the module source vs. a text patch so that future updates to the mod are compatible with your work.  My initial plan was to have v0.24 break saves, but that may hold off for v0.25 and I'll just release 0.24 earlier without finishing everything in one excessively large update.

Windyplains said:
Your work is one of the reasons the source for Silverstag is being released now instead of waiting for the next save breaking update.  I highly recommend moving over to working with the module source ...

I'll most likely do that now, but I basically had just finished up with the Vaegirs about an hour ago and I thought that I might as well publish the updated textfile now rather than later.

Do you plan to upgrade this submod to new versions of Silverstag when Windy relese them? I am plannig an AAR after the save breaking version which Windy announced and I would like to use your submod as it alters the faces of companions almost perfectly.

Actually yes, I will be updating this to be compatible with the future versions of Silverstag. Rhodoks are being a pain in the butt for me, it's a bit of a pain in deciding on what I want the Lords to dress like for battle and who's going to be a different "nationality".

Just by reading through this thread, I'm really impressed with this.
You must of invested a heap ton of time into doing this and I'm very grateful as I'm also getting sick of the (for the most part) native companions and lords. (For both their looks and statistics)

I'm going to download this now and take a proper look.

Great work.

My $.02? Hollywood pretty isn't a bad route to go. I'm not sure how, but somewhere along the way from Vanilla to .24, every female outside the Nords ended up looking like Willem Dafoe. And the Nord ones are clones of each other.

Also, to nitpick, Deshavi and Borcha aren't Nord and Khergit. Their origin villages are in those territories, but their conversational text has them referring to "those Khergits" and "our Nord overlords."

Other than that, I like what you've done!

Edit: I really like how you can look at a lord now and go "Huh, you kinda look like an *******." and you'ld be right 90% of the time.

Sorry for kind of OT, but I need a little advice. Since 0.25 is out, I am currently prepairing new game for my AAR, but I encountered a little problem. I want to rename my companions, but it can't be done via exporting them as it's exporting your character and not the companion. I figured I'd need to tinker with troops.txt, but when I did it the game crashed every time I tried to load the game or start a new one. So, are there any rules I should know about editing this file to make it work? Or could it be casued by me editing it in world pad and not in notepad?

Sure, it's purely aesthetical change and I can definitely play and write the AAR without it, but I am just... well... nitpick in some cases :grin:

D3monic said:
Sorry for kind of OT, but I need a little advice. Since 0.25 is out, I am currently prepairing new game for my AAR, but I encountered a little problem. I want to rename my companions, but it can't be done via exporting them as it's exporting your character and not the companion. I figured I'd need to tinker with troops.txt, but when I did it the game crashed every time I tried to load the game or start a new one. So, are there any rules I should know about editing this file to make it work? Or could it be casued by me editing it in world pad and not in notepad?

Sure, it's purely aesthetical change and I can definitely play and write the AAR without it, but I am just... well... nitpick in some cases :grin:
Sure you can, I imported my companions from Floris and I ended up having Odval instead of Nissa...
But if you really want, change of name shouldn't affect save game and is easily done with Morgh's editor.

Back
Top Bottom