Recent content by duchuy613

1. Taleworlds, where is the Transparency & Communication? :(

In no shape or form, we are "stakeholders". We are as much as a stakeholder as a coffee drinker is a stakeholder of Starbucks.
    There is no statistical evidence, that I know of, which implies "good forum communication equals development success."

Games are mass media products. It is not designing a dishwasher or toilet or TV. It is creating a work that is closer to books, movies, or music. And there have been works that have succeeded in spite of zero mass input and there has been failures that have been focus-grouped to death.

I do want to state since the developer opened this forum, it is inevitable that they provide some form of feedback. That being said, it doesn't really change how good or crappy the game will be. It is just a bottle of milk for the loudest.
    Factually, we are stakeholders. In case you don't understand what a stakeholder is, a stakeholder is anyone who is affected by a business. So yes, we, the customers, are very much considered stakeholder. That is inarguable. And fyi, a coffee drinker who drink Starbucks' coffee is also very much 100% a stakeholder.

As you said, games are like movies, there are works that have succeeded with no input. But for some reason you forgot the fact that there's a massive amount of failed products, ranging from movies to books or music, because there's no mean for mass feedback and suggestion. Movies and books are doom to either success or fail on release, but games are different, it can be improved and worked on even when it's released to the public. What do you think Early Access is for?

That said, there are literally TONS of games that became a success because feedback from players. It's called constructive feedback, and it can massively affect how good or bad a game can be. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.
  2. Lord's Changed (secretly)

Mongoloid features you mean? Khuzaits aren't based on the Mongols. Stop spreading this ****.

The Khuzaits are based partially on the Mongols but also on their more modest cousins, the Avars, Göktürks, Kipchaks, and Khazars, who were more regional powers than global ones.
  3. character models and animations critiques

God that couching animation is atrocious. I already made a post about this in multiplayer beta. The whole point of couching is to tuck the lance between your arm and torso to have that extra friction in preparation for impact. The bannerlord animation leaves a huge gap between the arm and the torso.
    I never said it's a good animation. I just pointed out that it's not ported from warband, which was better.
  4. character models and animations critiques

if these are mo cap, these are the worst mocap i've ever seen. in fact i f you look at the swings in the pic, they're swinging diagnally, there is no diagnal swinging in this game. either they're lying or they have not implemented these animations, or these animations were ultimately canned in favor of porting the ones from warband.

if you play the game and look at the animations, none of them look anything close to mocap. the couched lancing is directly ported over from warband

but say there is a possibility they will implement mo cap later on or that they're not finished implemented mocap for things like couched lancing, it's kind of doubtful for a game in beta stage. i am wishing to be proven wrong.
    I take it you never tried using two-handed sword in game? Because that right there is the two-handed left swing animation.
    Additionally, probably all the death animations in the game are mocap.

Also, couched lance animation isn't ported from Warband. If you say it is, you probably never tried couching in Bannerlord. Anyone who did would have noticed the differences.
    Bannerlord:
    argVaBF.png

Warband:
    pXwwXDs.png

How do you not see the differences?
  5. character models and animations critiques

ah the mental gymnastics people will go through to avoid admitting the animation is weird. first of all, gambeson is thick, but it's worn outside not inside his leggings, why would it affect how he stands? his pants are just normal cloth. also, you're arguing against yourself. you said armor is thick, yet you draw his shoulders near the outside of the armor? anatomically, that's not where his shoulders would end, also the lines don't even connect to his feet, it barely touches the inside of his heel.

again, it's just a morph to illustrate the point, it's not supposed to perfectly illustrate what the new animation should look like.

this is what normal human proportions look like, no big exaggerated stances. and if you're going to go on and on about penises and school boys, my argument to that would be that a career soldier/lord/captain whatever should be secure about their manhood such that they would just have a normal relaxed stance. this character is also resting on his left leg, but draw those lines here and you'll see the difference.

v461pswpkxf01.png

i'm not trying to be a ****, i'm simply trying to say the animaitons could use a little more nuance instead of everything being big and exaggerated

that feel when you're just a normal human being standing around, and not a fantasy comic book superhero doing the tory powerstance irl:

Crossguard-Kingdom-Come-Deliverance.jpg

also, here's a picture from an old warband mod called hispania 1200, they modified some of the animations and you'll notice again, standing on left leg,right foot out, yet again the stance is not wide, it's just normal:

bj9xu0.jpg
    Your stubbornness to admit that your version of the stance is rigid and unnatural compared to the game's stance is amazing. Even when so many people pointed out that the game's original stance looks better, you refused to admit it.

First of all, if you don't know, padded, chain, and leather pants are all thick. Don't forget the underwear.
    Second of all, I draw the line from his heels because that's where his foot landed on the ground. You don't expect me to draw the lines from his toes, are you?
    Here's another one so you can stop complaining about the shoulder lines. See my point? It's not wider than the shoulder.
    tGcRCw0.png

As for the KCD stance, they look like that because the human body designs in that game is leaning toward a more realistic body proportion. Bannerlord's body proportion is leaning toward a more beefy, fantasy look. You have to use different stance for different body proportion.

As for the modded Warband animation, yea, it looks better than Bannerlord. But the point is, your suggested animation makes the character look like a wimpy highschool boy, it lacks both charisma and confidence.
  6. Devs please stop being stubborn for no good reason and just buff passive training already

Honestly, just use mods for balancing. Let them add more contents and bugfixes. You literally asked for content over balancing in one thread and now you're making another thread to ask for balancing instead.
    Use a mod and be done with it.
  7. What do you want? balance or content

Bug fixing first.
    But between content and balance, release the content and leave balancing, the less buggy of the two, to the modders for now.
    Currently, TW is going too ham on balancing and all the real contents of the game are added by the modders for some reason. It should be the complete opposite.
  8. character models and animations critiques

no ****, it's a morph from the first pic, obviously it's not going to be perfect. but look at the heel placement in the picture you provided. that's shoulder width apart.not wider than shoulder width. no one stands like that while relaxed
    First, it's not even shoulder-wide. (the white lines are drawn from the seams that connect the sleeves to the shirt body)
    Second, he's leaning on the left leg.
    That's how a normal person would stand. Keep in mind of thick armor and padding a soldier would wear, so it's perfectly normal to have a wider stance, unless you have a small penis, you're not gonna close your legs with all those protective gears.
    g2aVQ4Y.png

Also, again, your perfectly balanced stance is completely unnatural. When I look at the stance you suggested, I don't think of a relaxed battle-hardened soldier, I think of a very insecure high school boy.
  9. Aging, death, and children

How the well could they add every damn feature on description, what if they didn't include one? They have much more feature that isnt on steam or homepage.

If you just disable age deaths then newborns would flood the caldaria, other features such as companions can be lord would make there are thousands of lord in calradia. If only you don't age then it would be pretty bull****, im a playing vampire game or something.

Tl:dr They can't just flip a switch and turn an entire feature off, it requires tons of balance

Also this game is not warband, its a new game it has new features. You cant just expect copy of warband.
    Or, you know, they can just turn off making babies? There are already mods that can do that, don't tell me the dev can't do something so simple? So maybe it's not just a flip of a switch, but it's pretty close.
    Hell, there isn't even age deaths in game right now and the game is perfectly playable. You're acting as if it's some overly complicated thing to disable such feature.
  10. character models and animations critiques

that's the inventory screen showing a completely out of combat stance. unless the character is actually engaged in combat, they should never have a wide stance. it' so stupid to see the player in the combat ready stance while walking around in towns and in castle halls.

also, when the army is marching, they should have a non combative stance as well.
    It's not a combat stance. It's a relaxed stance. Like this. No one ever stand like you described on the second pic, it's rigid.
    IhbF5db.png
  11. character models and animations critiques

Actually no. No one would ever stand up straight with legs paralleled like the posture you made. It just looks unnatural. The original posture of standing with the weight shifted on one leg while the other leg relaxed is much more natural. I don't know anyone who would prefer to stand like the second pic naturally.
  12. What does horse weight actually do?

Actually it doesn't, silly goose.
    Looks like the placebo is working just fine on you.

Actually, it does.
    If you really read the thread, people already tested and proved that weight affects performance. In fact, that's the first thing I noticed when I first started the game were my speed in full armor is noticeable slower compared to my speed in practice arena without armor. It's especially noticeable when you have low athletic.
  13. [Old Man Yelling At Cloud] Leaving it to the modders is not (necessarily) lazy

I have no problem with "leaving it to the modders" normally, but it's almost impossible to use many mods, mostly bug fixing, due to the nature of early access. With how they're updating the game constantly, one mod that fixed the game could turn into a mod that break the game in the matter of days. I can only avoid the bug fixing mods and hope TW would fix it themselves.

So I'd prefer TW to just go all in on bug fixing, instead of trying to balance things, rather than leaving it to the modders. In fact, leave the balancing to the modders, fix the bugs first.

The fact that modders can already throw out bug fixes like it's candies, even when there's no modding tool yet, while the devs are trying to balance things really does implies that the devs aren't doing too well.
  14. Poll: create a complaint channel for all these whiners

I feel like you guys didn't understand my point by reading your responses, I'm not trying to stop complaints, I'm not trying to protect taleworlds from hurtful words, I don't want to stop complaints, I just want them to be organized into a complaints channel so that I can browse the forums for interesting posts without seeing post after post of inarticulate rage about how things aren't what they expected or this is a scam or questions that literally don't make sense like "when will i be able to play the game?"

Its bad enough that I have to see it in multiplayer, the arguement for constructive criticism doesn't hold water either because, the developers can literally go to the complaints channel and see issues, I see absolutely no reason for there not to be a complaints/criticism channel.

I'm not going to hide my reasons, I am physically repulsed by whiners IRL, and their posts are basically spam.
    I would rather have the well thought out critics shoved in with the ignorant ones, then have the entire forum turn into the mess it's trending towards.

Can anyone give me a single reason not to create a complaints channel on the forum? I haven't seen anyone address that actual point.

I've been playing mount and blade since it was alpha and you literally bought it on a little pop up when you opened the game, I personally see alot of issues with the game in it's current state but I'm trying to enjoy it and give constructive criticism where I can, but it's kind of ruining the experience for me to see all this boo hooing as if we didn't all beg and demand they release it way earlier then they wanted.
    I feel like most people understood your point perfectly, and they are also right when calling you a whiner, because you are.

The normal whiners, they have a cause, or something legit, to complaint about. Their complaints have a target, or a purpose, and that could make the game better. But yours don't. Your complaint is pointless, and serves no purpose.

Edit: As for the reason to not have a complaint sub forum, well, there're already the suggestion sub forums. If people aren't using them and just post on general forums, what make you think they'd use a sub forum called "complaint", which serves the same purpose as suggestion sub forum but with extra dose of personal attack toward the users?
  15. Armor/weapon looks potato in the field.

I dont think it's the poly issue, they probably make a low res version of the reflection map for armors and weapons. It would explain the potato lighting for the armor in the picture.
Back
Top Bottom