Recent content by dronenglish

1. Need More Info North American Captain and Skirmish Servers Queuing and Matchmaking BROKEN since e1.7.2 update

About six of us queued in NAE this afternoon for 30 minutes, no luck. Have had the same experience everyone else mentions for the last couple weeks with NAE. We can get into EU games but ping is obviously not great.
  2. Need More Info “d3d_device_context_-> Map at rglGPU_device::lock_texture Failed! The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine"

Still plagued by this error even after rolling back to old versions and forward to the beta version. Version doesnt seem to matter. It's odd because this game ran great for almost 200 hours. Seems like it's corrupted something to an unplayable state.

So none of my games that use 3D graphics seem to work now, all crashing similarly a few minutes in. I've done a windows reset and that didn't fix. I put my card into an older computer and it runs great, although less RAM and CPU power. So something other than my graphics card is busted - but something that affects the GPU under load - and I've troubleshot it to death. Temps all appear fine. Insides are clean. This issue seemed to have gradually gotten worse over time so maybe some other hardware falling apart.
  3. Need More Info “d3d_device_context_-> Map at rglGPU_device::lock_texture Failed! The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine"

Still plagued by this error even after rolling back to old versions and forward to the beta version. Version doesnt seem to matter. It's odd because this game ran great for almost 200 hours. Seems like it's corrupted something to an unplayable state.
  4. Need More Info “d3d_device_context_-> Map at rglGPU_device::lock_texture Failed! The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine"

Well I've gone from my comment yesterday to a giant red square and 10 legged horse after the branding videos. It's like bannerlord has corrupted itself into a corner and is totally unplayable now.

Ok I got around the red square by removing the file (compressed_shader_cache.sack) from this folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Shaders\D3D11). I've played with removing and re adding that file as suggested in another thread in an attempt to troubleshoot the d3d errors without any noticeable change but I think the red square started happening today after I re added it at some point or after a total reinstall of the game.

Mentioned the same here: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...error-or-bug-or-something-help-please.418195/
  5. Red Sqaure error or bug or something HELP PLEASE

Some context... sorry this is long but there might be a solution below...
    So I started to get this too. I have almost 200 hours across mp and sp. Ran great on Very High. However, in the last couple of weeks I progressively got more and more d3d_device_context errors. And today it decides to do this big red box after the videos that you described. It's as if it slowly corrupted itself into a corner.

I've tried more than enough troubleshooting for the d3d errors with driver and game re installs, messing with game and GPU settings, underclocking, and other various suggestions so going this backwards was pretty demoralizing.

Potential solution though...
    One thing I'm seeing now though is that deleting/removing the file (compressed_shader_cache.sack) from this folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Shaders\D3D11) stops the red square issue from occurring for me.

I've played with removing and re adding that file as suggested in another thread in an attempt to troubleshoot the d3d errors without any noticeable change but I think the red square started happening today after I re added it at some point or after a total reinstall of the game.

So BlitZBaK, try removing that file from that folder and then start the game. It seems to have worked for me even though it wasn't a problem in the past. I still get the d3d errors but I'm at least past the startup sequence now and continue troubleshooting those.

Also, I have an entirely different GPU (Nvidia) than BlitZBaK and havent touched mods so far, and the game has run mostly fine on Very High for 190+ hours, so I don't think this is related to those things specifically but who knows.

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB RAM, i7-6700k 4GHz, bannerlord version e1.4.0.229571

I hope this is useful, good luck.
  6. Need More Info “d3d_device_context_-> Map at rglGPU_device::lock_texture Failed! The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine"

Well I've gone from my comment yesterday to a giant red square and 10 legged horse after the branding videos. It's like bannerlord has corrupted itself into a corner and is totally unplayable now.
  7. Need More Info “d3d_device_context_-> Map at rglGPU_device::lock_texture Failed! The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine"

This is happening most of the time for me now. Got much worse in the last week or two. Used to work fine on Very High settings, then for a while it would happen every patch unless I tinkered with the settings (no consistent solution but when it started working it worked until the next patch). Now it's happening pretty consistently a few minutes into a multiplayer game and in single player last I checked. Sometimes I can play entire mp games without an issue but now it's happening all the time a few minutes in. Typically, looking at character models in menus usually sets it off (Inventory etc. in single player and Armory in multiplayer).

Otherwise the game has run beautifully on very high in the past without issue. I've tried underclocking. Spent hours trying to find a set of options that works. Limiting frames in game and in GPU settings. Verified game cache. Reinstalled game. Removed compressed_shader_cache.sack. Reinstalled GPU drivers (445.87). Tried previous driver version. Tried Very Low settings.

This didn't used to happen. GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB RAM, i7-6700k 4GHz, bannerlord version e1.4.0.229571
Back
Top Bottom