Need More Info North American Captain and Skirmish Servers Queuing and Matchmaking BROKEN since e1.7.2 update

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.7.2
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded

Strange Loop

Recruit
Greetings Moderators and Developers.

I wanted to take some time to communicate with you that your North American Player base have been experiencing game breaking issues since the release of your e1.7.2 patch, specifically with matchmaking and queuing. I have asked members of the steam chat-- which I have referenced in threads I have created in the past in other times that your NA player base had technical difficulties-- to post below me on this thread in hopes that we can appeal to your Development team to resurrect NA servers. I hope that everyone can be respectful in their comments. I know some people are frustrated with the state of the game currently.

I am unsure why this update has crippled your servers/matchmaking but I am hoping some people may share their own opinions and that like in the past.. MardA will comment on here and communicate this with the Dev team and they can hopefully bring back the hours of fun I have come to miss quite a lot.

It has been over a week since most of these players have been able to get games. A lot of people have resorted to playing in EU servers or playing TDM or other 'custom' servers.

I know I speak for us all when I say we would really appreciate if there would be some way for your teams to yet again fix the servers.

Best Regards,
Loop

I wanted to take some time to communicate with you that your North American Player base have been experiencing game breaking issues since the release of your e1.7.2 patch, specifically with matchmaking and queuing. I have asked members of the steam chat-- which I have referenced in threads I have created in the past in other times that your NA player base had technical difficulties-- to post below me on this thread in hopes that we can appeal to your Development team to resurrect NA servers. I hope that everyone can be respectful in their comments. I know some people are frustrated with the state of the game currently.

I am unsure why this update has crippled your servers/matchmaking but I am hoping some people may share their own opinions and that like in the past.. MardA will comment on here and communicate this with the Dev team and they can hopefully bring back the hours of fun I have come to miss quite a lot.

It has been over a week since most of these players have been able to get games. A lot of people have resorted to playing in EU servers or playing TDM or other 'custom' servers.

I know I speak for us all when I say we would really appreciate if there would be some way for your teams to yet again fix the servers.

Best Regards,
Loop
I second this post. The main multiplayer game modes have been broken for US servers ever since the patch, which was over 2 weeks ago.

Best Regards,
Loop
I fully agree and support everything written on this post. I hope this game can thrive in its multiplayer aspect and the broken parts can be addressed. There is so much potential here.

Dear TaleWorlds Devs,

I would just like to echo the topic of this post as someone who has logged over 900 hours on your game. It's my most played game on Steam by several hundred hours - most of which were spent on NAE captains multiplayer servers. I'm sure you're quite busy bringing worlds to life, but if you could indicate whether the issue is known to you and (to the extent you're able) whether a fix is in development that would mean the world to us as dedicated members of your player base.

Thanks,
ComradeUlf

I have been a member of the bannerlord captain community on NAE since the game first released for beta. I remember longing 10 years for this game to come out, grueling on warband for most of my childhood. Now here I am, 29 years old. I have been playing games on steam for the past 8 years. Most of my most played games top at 300-400 hours, Rust coming in second at a little over 600 hours. In the past two years of playing Bannerlord, I have logged over 1,000 hours into this game. With 900 hours being on NAE captain. There's been so many ups and downs with the community and devs, we've literally watched this game die down to 6 players painstakingly waiting to play each other 3v3 in captains because at one point everyone just about quit. And we have watched the same game rise from those ashes and brought it alive again! We started to be able to play 6v6 matches consistently again. However since this latest update, it's impossible to play. By impossible, I mean I have two hours typically after I wake up to go to work and for those two hours not a single match will ever be found with the new queue system. I come home, I have 4 hours before I have to go to sleep for work. I spend two more of those hours several nights each week searching for one game. And after a week of searching for 4 hours every day and night and not being able to have fun with my friends even once, it really makes it hard to have faith in the devs. So this is me speaking my part for the community. We deserve to be able to play together, we have stuck by TW side all of this time. Many of us have been members of the community since Warband! Over 10 years of dedication! And others have been here the past two years for Bannerlord. However whether they're a new or old veteran, we all just want one thing. And that's to have fun and just play the game.

Best Regards,
Loop
I wholeheartedly agree with what Loop has expressed. Since the release of the e1.7.2 patch I have not been able to get into a NA captains match or a NA skirmish. I have had to resort to the custom server captains matches with a 100+ ping. Bannerlord remains my favorite game of all time and I can't wait to see where this game goes. Thank you.

Agree with everything everyone has stated so far. I just checked and I'm clocking in ~2,500 hrs in game (perhaps a large percentage is simply waiting at this point). Impossible to find match other than in EU, and it seems the only chance of a decent game is with the custom servers at the moment.

Bump for the thread. I'm having issues with the match making system and the queue, no matter the game mode.

"Estimated Time: 11 min" :unsure:
"Time in Queue: 2 hours 32 min+++":xf-eek:

Agreed, can't find a game at all in NA East. New matchmaking and game modes killed Captain mode (the best mode). Your player base is too small to have any restrictions on matchmaking! There are so few people ready to play that it was already impossible to find a game for 1/2 the day.

I agree with this post. Servers have crashed a lot since 1.7.2, and I can never find games in the NA servers. Can only play on EU.

I'm still quite hopeful it will be fixed. This game has so much potential!
Fix the servers and release custom servers and we will all be happy little children :smile:

Yeah i mean, ive played with you guys, but haven't since 1.7.1, it's been broken.

love me some 1.8 single player, but 1.7.2 multiplayer is bugged.

Hi, I have over 2100 hours in Bannerlord mostly playing North America East Captain since over 2 years ago.

We have over 150 NAE Captain players in a steam group chat and this has let us monitor the health of the NAE Captain community across many patches. This has made it apparent that the 1.7.2 matchmaking/ranked changes make it so that players have to wait unreasonably long to play a game of Captain. We have a lot of reports of people waiting hours and hours and never getting a game of Captain, even when we coordinate.

Before 1.7.2, you could easily find a game of Captain after working hours every day without fail. It was like that for a really long time, and now it's totally dead since 1.7.2.

I also made a similar post here ( https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/1-7-2-killed-captain.451947/ )
It contains technical guidance on verifying that 1.7.2 has had a severe, adverse effect causing the number of games being played by the community to sharply drop.

Please don't let this be the end, a lot of us really miss playing Captain. If we just had an option (casual mode) to do queuing for matches like it was in 1.7.1 then we could bring NAE Captain back to life undoubtedly. The community has been going strong for so long so it's really sad to see this.

Last edited:
I second everything in this thread. Most of us have sunk hundreds of hours into Bannerlord, and even more into Warband. We want this game to succeed because we love it. These server issues and update issues threaten to kill the community. That is why we are voicing our concerns here. Please listen.

MArdA,

We will organize and try to get a game going later today, I imagine in 8 to 10 hours we will know if the game is working or not for us for captain on NAE servers. As you have said that the servers seem fine and working on your end I am hopeful that we will have validating feedback around that time!

Thank you
Loop

About six of us queued in NAE this afternoon for 30 minutes, no luck. Have had the same experience everyone else mentions for the last couple weeks with NAE. We can get into EU games but ping is obviously not great.

I don't understand how everything looks fine on your guys end. Do you not have any data that shows the lack of games played on NA servers?
I have left the game going for 4 hours and not had it find a match, i have stopped looking as other players probably have as well.

how possible would it be to revert to before the ranked system?
How possible would it be to code a players in quene counter, so players arent mindlessly waiting, and have some sense of how many players are in quene.
We will not have players return from your guys negligence, and this mode is a ton of fun i was happy with the state it was at before this crash..

Is this issue still on going? Everything seems to be fine and working on our end.
This issue is still ongoing. No one has been able to play skirmish or captain on NAE or NAW for the past few weeks. Since 1.7.2 I have only played 1 captain game and 0 skirmish. before 1.7.2. I would play several a night, now que for hours and never get a game.

Back
Top Bottom