Recent content by Doomicus

1. Doomicus

MP Matchmaking servers for OCE region

Yeah, completely sick of Siege and TDM. Tried to play skirmish numerous times, but the 120+ ping is too difficult.

Agree regarding the importance of the skirmish option in Oceania. Providing some server infrastructure will allow people to set up teams which will build interest and keep us all playing.

Hope a server can be available soon.
  2. Doomicus

{} Australia & New Zealand Multiplayer Community Thread {}

Warband scrims were so intense. We had a good thing going for a little while. I'm sure when Bannerlord comes out, as has been said, there will be a short-term spike in people playing.

Whether it becomes popular or not, it matters not. There will always be a bunch of Warband and Chiv people interested from Oceania.
  3. Doomicus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3eVJ-o_G-M

^ just for old times sake. They were the days, haha.

Hopefully Bannerlord is good, bloody chivalry and wotr did nothing for me :sad:
  4. Doomicus

Jesus YOUR LORD said:
    dogfish said:
    directional blocking was in, but has been taken out for some reason. so now the melee combat is only skyrim+.
    Damn.  Warband has ruined melee based games for me.

Hear, hear!

Wish someone just duplicated it, removed the flaws and made it more appealing to the masses so we had so many people playing that it didn't matter how retarded they are. Yes, you're all retarded.
  5. Doomicus

yedrellow said:
    A bad combat system combined with the terrible requirement to unlock everything means that the singleplayer better be good for a purchase.

From my understanding, the single-player is merely an introduction to multi-player and has very little content. The purpose of WotR is to be a multiplayer powerhouse. I've got it installed and I can't be arsed playing it... that's how little it drew me in :sad: 
  6. Doomicus

Wow...

Warband destroys lives.

On a positive note: War of the Roses has improved dramatically since alpha. Still completely noob, so I barely know what's going on, but it is a hell of a lot better.

Nothing matches Warband combat-wise though... still.
  7. Doomicus

I hope you find there are some people on, often when I join there is about 10 in a DM server and the rest on mods, so I end up quitting after 10 minutes or so :sad:

8. Doomicus

BaronBaanus said:
    LoungeChairCarnage (Australian & NZ Mount & Blade community)  is running weekly Native Tournaments on a custom map designed specically for it. 

Read the previous two pages. If you can't read well, just try find your name within the text. Can't justify participating if you wont bother to respond.
  9. Doomicus

Kelpie said:
    In other news, Revz just won the LCC tournament, some nub was a lucky 2nd and jaja third. All because it was revz/jaja in the semis...

Regardless, this proves that LCC can attract extremely talented players into its community.

*facepalm*
  10. Doomicus

A_Concerned_Citizen said:
    Oh come on let's be fair. 2004 graphics.

Apologies. In Warband's defence, you can make some interesting faces, as we've all experienced.

A couple chaps from the NI community for native admins? I don't even get how that makes sense. Just need servers and admins that are actually around to do things.

Baanus wont even reply, so it's hard to get something going in that sense + clans have pretty much died out. I have no power so can't do crap. Admins don't want/care about doing anything either.

Really wouldn't mind the big battle, whoever rocks up gets to participate, even teams - Native vs Others. Would be sick. The idea is out there, just need some support.

11. Doomicus

SPLH_SirBogan said:
    I am visiting a mate in Geelong this arvo, so I am going to be able to teach all you gaybos a lesson, I am in.

BOGAN, LETS HAVE A RL DUEL. STANDARD AXE AS WEAPON. MEET IN WERRIBEE SO IT'S EASY TO DISPOSE OF BODY.

LOL @ Labs' serial key PM.

What is this friday event! I see nothing about it.

WHERE THE HELL IS BA ANUS? I just want a ~20v20 Sunday night, 8pm Battle on native. He goes quite when he has a bloody option for a battle! heaps of people expressed interest. JUST DO IT SON!

BTW - Warband is an amazing game. While rilled with many imperfections and 90's graphics, it is absolutely beautiful. So beautiful that I get VERY EXCITED everytime a similar LOOKING game is about to be released - IN THE HOPEEEE, THAT IT is ANYTHING like WARBANDZ. Lets appreciate this beast and beauty of a game.

"TO WARBANDZ"
  12. Doomicus

Find out for yourself anyway people - Beta signup available: http://www.waroftherosesthegame.com/?ref=69f8455483b
  13. Doomicus

A_Concerned_Citizen said:
    Doomster, could you tell us in particular what is wrong with WOTR? We wants to know.

Personally I think it's OK - I just sucked at it so it made me not like it.

It clearly doesn't feel as smooth as Warband in any way, not 'tilde' key (I think that's how you spell it) - so my awareness is non-existent. It's very difficult looking around and swinging, it just doesn't feel right at the moment. Having a visor down (very necessary) makes your view so much less, whilst realistic, it is hard to become used to. It just feels sluggish/unpolished which is fine considering it's alpha.

Look wise, executions, revive, spawning and maps are all beautiful though. Very impressed with all of that. Jumping and crouching is really good and feels right. It's just moving around, with the sprinting etc - still needs some polishing. Melee combat WILL improve. Warband used to be A LOT worse than it is now, when I was in beta anyway. Considering WotR is alpha, it has a **** tone of potential.

Keep in mind, all my views are based on about 4 hours playing, so they are not necessarily well-educated views.

Extremely skilled long standing native players such as? You say you want organised battles, well you've got an option. I am sure Roman or Laszlo can get a server ready for us to have a scrim, get as many players each side as possible, make it a Sunday night 7:30 arrive, 8pm start. Easy done. Sound good to you Baanus?
  14. Doomicus

klumpy said:
    But doomi you just made me very sad. I also was hoping wotr would be what we are waiting for..

Don't  rule it out just yet son, it's only alpha.

Oosh, Mordy and Wookie were all pretty disappointed :sad: Oosh was raging at how bad he thinks it is and he is a pure melee player.

Hopefully it gets better in time, for some reason my WotR has disappeared from my steam account, but oh well.

In regards to admins - I don't even have a CLUE who our admins are, apparently Roman? certainly no-one who is actually on frequently. I saw a name last night in one server called "cutyamumsheadofasicuminher" - pretty creative, cudos to whoever thought of that.

^ What I mean about the admins is, we have NEVER, EVER had multiple admins on, asking people what they want, making decisions, involving everyone etc. Laszlo has on a few occasions, but alas, the time has past.

Baanus buddy, how about you challenge us old-fart know-nothing retards to a battle. 20 v 20. Your F&S + NW nubs vs the Native Warband United. Bring it.
  15. Doomicus

This thread is amusing, I always give it a little look every now and then.

Nom hit it on the head there. Younger people look at Warband and go "HURR DURR BAD GRAPHICS - **** GAME, OVER IT" - most of my RL gamer friends did that exact thing a few years ago and thus, never got into this, such a shame. Dojo has very few active members now, but most are older players and personally I am just about to hit 23, **** that makes me feel old.

I think it's pretty stupid how Baanus thinks everything the old warband players say is 'make believe' when it did actual exist, pro tip: mocking people isn't going to win them over (particularly when you have NO IDEA what you're talking about). The Oceanic Campaign was nuts at the time. I still enjoy playing native to this day, I do wish there were more players, but they are all stuck on NW and F&S. We had all sorts of **** going on, as nom said, people made maps, oceanic campaign, duelling ladders, hosted their own servers etc etc. We were just devoid of choice back then with a Nazi admin, hence things didn't progress as desired. Alas, that's how the cookie crumbled.

Get them on native warbandz Baanus you anus! I'll join in on anything good that's on Warband Native, enough said. I am sure plenty of others would too.

Personally waiting for a new warband-like game to re inspire. Was hoping WotR would be that, but after playing alpha, I fear it's a bit too different to warbandz :sad:

On another note: isn't it just INCREDIBLE the amount of alias you all have? Even in this forum + in game. Never ceases to amaze me. Ah well, i'll just keep killing you.

Back
Top Bottom