Recent content by Chewiemuse

1. Chewiemuse

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

SirMairaki said:
    :lol: :lol: :lol:
    What is happening to this thread?

Johan_Stormcloak said:

I don't know if anyone noticed, but in the video Armagan said that there would be some sort of stances that you can switch when fighting. So right foot forward is more of an aggressive stance (they didn't say exactly how) whereas left foot forward was a defensive stance. I think he also said there was another stance, but I'll have to go back to check.
    Edit: I misheard the part about a third stance.  He also said that there would be some sort of guard system, I didn't quite understand what he was saying but it sounds like blocking from a certain angle at the right time will give a little bit of an edge in combat.

Assuming the player is right hand dominant, then right foot forward = sword hand forward. Left foot forward = shield hand forward.

As to the blocking system, it was mentioned in the E3 blog. Blocking in the wrong direction causes the shield to break faster. Not sure if blocking in the correct direction causes any advantage or not.

W̬̫͇͟e͍̥̭̖̫r͚̦e̗̭ ̤̦̜̘̥͙̗͜slipping i̺̤̻̜̔̓̽́̎̐ͩn͙̦̂̾͆͡to m̴̴̷͕͕̾̾̽̾̊͂̽ͥͥe̲̺̳͒͋ͫ̄ͣ́͌̚̚͘m͖̠̞̜̩̫͖̗̑͆ͪͭę̛̭̳͎ͤ̿ madnḙ̛͕̪̖̘̻̦ͩ̔ͯ̾̂̏̄͡sͥ͋ͤ҉͏̺̫̩̳͖̫̭s̢̞̞̗͖͚̤ͩͤ͢ ̺̗̱ͥͤͯ͂̈́̉͒̕ͅo̡̽͂̎ͭ͏̥̠̘v̝̑͐̓̂ͪer no b̫̻͚̥̭̋̈́̕a̫̫̣̭͔͑̑̒ͫ͒̂n͋̑̓̀̋̆̅̓͗͏̗̥̗̘̟͙͙̣n̘̹͓̠͊͑̿̄̑e̙͚̣ͯ͑̔ͨͣ̍r̴̷͍̞͚͉̻͍̖̬̲ͭͩͧ͐ͦ̀̌̽̚l̨̩͖̜̯͍ͥ̉õ̶̞̲͚̼͕͓̺̗͕͋ͥ̍͗̊ͫ̏́͟r̷̬̙̞̙̗̿ͬ́ď̢̡̙̦ͯ̂̾ͪ́̾ͯ͟ date
  2. Chewiemuse

Gab-AG. said:
    Chewiemuse said:
    This is turning into CSI: Tale Worlds  with all the speculation and investigating into the most minute detail.. Next we need to interrogate their Barber to see where theyve been.

Not only speculations and investigations, we also have dank memes to keep track of current progress. This is a great time to be alive. When Bannerlord releases, it will be greater.

This Thread right now

hqdefault.jpg

3. Chewiemuse

This is turning into CSI: Tale Worlds  with all the speculation and investigating into the most minute detail.. Next we need to interrogate their Barber to see where theyve been.
  4. Chewiemuse

Machiavelli15 said:
    Im sure we will get a Releasedate at Gamescom this year or a short time after that

Thats what we said about E3
  5. Chewiemuse

Vrokerock said:
    Rungsted93 said:
    I honestly think they're in a really bad cycle where they keep finding new stuff to expand, create or change. After that then they will find something else that feels outdated and start working on that and so the cycle just keeps going...

Looking at the screenshots from 2013 i believe i would have been more than happy with a game with those graphics back then! It just seems like they never know when to say stop and wrap things up.

Looking at last year's information, looking at this year's information, tell me what are the big changes in the game.

....I mean.. Look at just the graphic fidelity alone

Before

Bannerlord_03.jpg

Bannerlord_12.jpg

After

OS509us.jpg

oV8e7u9.jpg

Oh wait.... You said last years, my bad
  6. Chewiemuse

UndeadDuke said:
    It's so amusing to see that the old horse mane which looked more like particle board  :grin:  was totally reworked and now with all that physics creates absolutely new feeling... If banners and hair on horses & helmets are fluttering, can we hope for a physics for hairstyles?

jesus... I didnt realize how MUCH has improved with bannerlord since their alpha stages..
  7. Chewiemuse

Auldman said:
    It's really strange to me why they bothered showing this footage yesterday. They'd have been better off giving you guys another blog with maybe a "we're still hard at work on the game and here are some new models etc but in order to give you the best possible game we don't feel like making any firm eta on when we anticipate finishing the game."

I've got to be honest I could have accepted that and no new footage and hoped they'd have something ready for later in the summer.

I've also got to say that they are unlikely to announce anything like an early Fall release if they do anything at Gamescon. They'd want a few months of marketing once they'd made the announcement. At best we're looking at late 2017 or Q1 2018 and that's "at best."

You have officially been hired as Tale Worlds Community Manager
  8. Chewiemuse

New Community Manager - Callum

Callum_TaleWorlds said:
    Honestly I am really sorry! It was poorly worded by me. I typed it as a direct response to this post but failed to add in a quote.  :oops:

Do not look here said:
    Callum_TaleWorlds said:
    Your information archive will be getting a little bigger tonight! Soon™
    There. I've got your back, no worries.

I think... In order to make up for this you need to give us the Release date
  9. Chewiemuse

oppai said:
    Grumpy181155 said:
    Mervieg said:
    aekilju said:
    https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,366054.msg8774164.html#msg8774164

Joy, more hints.
    WHEN IS TONIGHT

SOON!

Its already night and no news  :ohdear:
    Hold me

giphy.gif
  10. Chewiemuse

Varrak said:
    Tim0717 said:
    Not sure if anyone has commented on this yet but the impacts in Bannerlord look amazing. The way enemies fly off their horses and infantry get run over looks spectacular. Especially compared to Warband, everything just feels a bit more punchy and meaty.

https://gyazo.com/baa1fdf922f6fe218dda0a998a919396

gif version
    giphy.gif

HNNNNNGGGG THIS IS SO SATISFYING
  11. Chewiemuse

Gab-AG. said:
    Chewiemuse said:
    Gab-AG. said:
    The Bowman said:
    I think that the role of standard bearers in Bannerlord in just the same as the troop formations in Total War. Basically, if you see a banner, that's a formation.

Well, fun fact, banners in Total War are also floating. Just zoom in when playing Medieval 2 for example, you'll notice hehe. Only difference is that on Medieval 2 your camera isn't usually so close to troops, unlike M&B's.

Empire
    Napoleon
    Rome 2
    Atilla

They all had dedicated Bannermen. Hell in Napoleon and Empire they had musical instruments

Yep, more recent games. You must also keep in mind that in those ages banners were not as many as in middle ages (as far as I know). In Medieval 2 I remember seeing quite many, all floating obviously hehe.

Edit: Actually, not as many banners as I remembered, just checked. But still, they all float.

Hold up...

Youre telling me in real life they didnt have THESE!?

maxresdefault.jpg
  12. Chewiemuse

Gab-AG. said:
    The Bowman said:
    I think that the role of standard bearers in Bannerlord in just the same as the troop formations in Total War. Basically, if you see a banner, that's a formation.

Well, fun fact, banners in Total War are also floating. Just zoom in when playing Medieval 2 for example, you'll notice hehe. Only difference is that on Medieval 2 your camera isn't usually so close to troops, unlike M&B's.

Empire
    Napoleon
    Rome 2
    Atilla

They all had dedicated Bannermen. Hell in Napoleon and Empire they had musical instruments
  13. Chewiemuse

The Bowman said:
    Yea this is how i was thinking of it, not that the standard bearer is in the troop tree but that if you have a formation one unit is randomly picked form that unit to be the standard bearer. Hell even the sergeant could be the standard bearer as well.
  14. Chewiemuse

Gab-AG. said:
    kraggrim ?️ said:
    I was wrong, it's not rigged to the spine, does just float along. Tbh it looks a bit too smooth in motion, could do with bobbing around a bit more. So yeah, have them carry it in the shield hand with an animation that's fairly static. Carrier can still fight partially, and if it's only 1 in every 30 guys it'll have little impact on combat effectiveness.

Maybe it would've been best to let them carry banners on their back like a lance. Dunno, maybe that would work better than floating banners.

Could always go this route. Have a standard bearer, just like seargents, per platoon. and the standard bearer could wield the standard and a sword or axe?

209c5f53d50d0ea98b706252f9590620.jpg
  15. Chewiemuse

Save Courage!

Goker said:
    There is a fellow moderator in the Turkish Forum called courage. Imagine my surprise when I thought that he needed saving. Imagine my surprise when I came into the thread and saw this pile of ****. Stop with the image spamming.

Rudeness and meanness are subjective. What's rude for you, apparently isn't rude for us.
    I could tell haha Im just used to Friendly helpful users, ive been on the forum for quite a while and I dont post usually do to the users on this forum, and the way they act ANyways Im locking this post and people can just view at their Leisure
Back
Top Bottom