Recent content by Checkmaty

1. Checkmaty

B Other More Metal Sound Mod V2.2 for 1.010/1.011 & Warband 1.105+ *Updated 6/19/10

Here is a sounds.txt with the native arrow impact sounds. If you have the problem with no arrow impact sounds form a distance then try it out and please tell me if it works.
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/ejxve1

Flash Vium said:
    The mod still works, except for the hit indicator sound not working some of the time. It's really strange, but it's only happening in singleplayer for me, and generally only when I'm horse archering. It seems random though.
    Could be a native problem. Try the sounds.txt above.
    Is there a seperate "indicator" sound or is it the simple "arrow hit body" sound that is not playing? Is this happening with other ranged weapons besides the bow? all ranged weapons share the same impact sounds.
    I Haven't touched the "mp_arrow_hit_target" (mp_arrow_hit_target.ogg) entry which I'm guessing is the indicator sound.
  2. Checkmaty

B Other More Metal Sound Mod V2.2 for 1.010/1.011 & Warband 1.105+ *Updated 6/19/10

Just tested out the sounds with 1.126 and there are no problems. The mod should be compatable with the new patch as no changes have been made to the sounds between 1.125 and 1.126 AFIAK. Are the errors showing up in Native or with a mod?

As for the no impact sound from a distance for arrows, I'm stumped as to why this happening for some people. I can't test it as I'm not experiencing this problem and I haven't changed anything in the module system that could possibly cause it. Is this happening in multiplayer, single player or both?
  3. Checkmaty

plon & Kittenhuffer:
    Make sure you are using the sounds.txt in the "Warband" folder of the download. These problems occur when you use the sounds.txt meant for the original which is located with the readme.

DeViLmAn0:
    Great to see you are enjoying the sounds

The problem with arrow impacts at a distance:
    Don't know why this is happening as I don't encounter this problem which makes it hard to fix on my side. I'll see what I can do.
  4. Checkmaty

Flash Vium said:
    By the way, you might want to change the title of this thread to reflect the update?  :wink:
    Can't believe I missed that. Thanks for the reminder.

Superpal said:
    There's still no sound when you hit players with an arrow. Sure, you can hear it up close from their perspective, but you haven't a clue if you hit from a far.
    Strange, I have no problems with hearing arrow impacts from a distance. Maybe this could be a problem with your speaker setup? Does the same problem occur with native arrow impact sounds?
  5. Checkmaty

Flash Vium said:
    Edit: I've tested the Sounds.txt you linked now, and there seems to be some of the sounds missing. For example I can't hear when people jump or land, and there may be other things as well. How do I fix this, if I still want the native cavalry sounds? :smile:
    oops! sorry, I accidentally deleted the jumping sounds while on foot when editing the file.
    Fixed sounds.txt for native horse sounds: http://www.sendspace.com/file/1699kp
  6. Checkmaty

Flash Vium said:
    Can we get a Sounds.txt with native cavalry for this version as well? Or tell me how to change it and I'll see if I can do it myself. :smile:
    Sure: http://www.sendspace.com/file/o3z61o

Zimke Zlovoljni said:
    One minor thing to suggest if I may,june,july..lol  :grin: Firearms sounds need to be raised  higher, it's one and only thing I ever didnt like, the rest, EXCELENT!
    Do you mean the gunshot sounds or the bow/crossbow sounds?
  7. Checkmaty

Updated to 2.2

Changes:
    -Re-compiled the mod with the 1.125 module system - hopefully this fixes problems people have been having with the new patches
    -Fixed problem with new grunt voices not playing when stunned

The only sound changes from 1.113 and 1.125 of Warband was the volume of voices played when encountering parties on the world map so I still don't know what is causing the problems. I went ahead anyways and re-compiled the mod with the 1.125 module system.
    Also forgot to add in the new voices when stunned in the last version - thats fixed now.

First post updated
  8. Checkmaty

Just upgraded again from 1.123 to 1.124 and tested out the sounds and I'm having no problems with crashes. Like Adorno said I don't think that the crashes are being caused by the mod.

@Knightguy 9
    Sorry about you having to reinstall.
    I usually never touch the native folder or the main folder and instead copy the native files into a new module folder and play with that if I do actually want to play with native or test out the sounds.
  9. Checkmaty

Strange. Just tested out the sounds with the new patch and they work fine. I have no idea why the mod is causing crashes for you guys. Does native become unstable with the new sounds?
  10. Checkmaty

Discussion 0.95pre

Hellzer said:
    I download only skidrow or razor cracked patches since im not that "smart" to put my money in a virtual game. Because
    as far as I know you have to P2P original version.
    Are you serious!?  :shock:

By the way, nice changes in the new patch. Gonna try out the mod. Want to check out this "new AI for land battles".
  11. Checkmaty

DeViLmAn0 said:
    I was wondering about something in the readme bundled in with the sound mod. AM i understanding that between the 2 install methods that if i am extracting all sounds to  my primary installation path and only overwriting the sounds.txt in a specific module does that mean that the new sounds will only play in the module who's sounds.txt i overwrote?
    Yes, you are correct. If you install the sound files to the main sound folder then any module with the modified sounds.txt will use the new sounds.

doc82nd said:
    Awesome Work :smile:
    LIke Zimky said - can't play M&B without it - and it will be included in AoCII for sure. (actually I know it is cause i put it there)
    Cool. Good luck with your mod!
  12. Checkmaty

PsykoOps said:
    Can anyone tell me how to replace the bow and xbow sounds with the native ones? I asked in game and they said that it's not as simple as just replacing the actual sound files. Also there was a file sounds.txt here but that link is dead.
    Also does this work ok with crpg?
    Here is a sounds.txt with the native bow, crossbow, and horse hoof sounds: http://www.sendspace.com/file/v0qacq
    If the crpg mod makes no changes to sounds then yes, it should be compatible.

Temae said:
    I uploaded this battle loop sound to the repository.

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1978

I think It sounds better than the old one.
    I suggest you use it in your instead of the old one :smile:
    I prefer the native one. Yours is a bit "overdone". Thanks for the sound and the suggestion though.

DeViLmAn0 said:
    Wow i just checked out the youtube vid that had the more metal sounds going and it sounded truly amazing. Plus i see its usable in the original M&B as well as the current version of Warband. Double plus as im planning on picking up Warband in a bit. I saw in an earlier post that u mentioned in order to not hear the metal type sounds when hitting someone not wearing metal armor they'd either have to be naked or very close to it. Would that be like the very basic cloth type gear and so forth? Im planning on adding in and trying this sound mod out on my original and Warband games as well after i make a quick backup of the original sounds just in case.

Edit: Im also wondering if its just been my luck thats causing this or not since i cant recall from the original M&B but didnt looters have a bit of voice over when you first encounter them on the map? Or were those voices removed perhaps with this sound mod somehow?  I seem to always get the usual voice overs from raiders and the like just looters sometimes seem .. quiet o.o
    Yup, the cloth armors may sound like hitting metal which is a unfortunate side effect of the very low armor stat needed for the low armor impacts to be heard.
    I haven't modified the voices when encountering parties so this may be a change in Warband.
  13. Checkmaty

Lorn said:
    I extract the sound files into a modules sound folder, rewrite the .txt file with the Warband one, and edit the .ini line yet I still get the normal sounds for everything.
    Any suggestions?
    Sounds like you installed the mod to the wrong module. Make sure you install the sounds and sounds.txt to the module you want to play with.

Rad said:
    As I can listen to this mod doesn't do any sound differences between hero's banging into soldiers who has metal armor or into soldiers who wears padded  jacket or into bandits who are all in furs or leathers and it is bad.  All the time I am hearing only the same strong, exaggerated metal sound. It seems to me as modding for exchanging anything at all cost.  :???:
    Unfortunately you must hit someone who is unarmored (Naked) or cose to unarmored in order for the low armor impacts to play. Can't change this without causing incompatibility with pretty much every mod.

Temae said:
    BUG!
    I REALLY like this mod. But when i installed it for the mount&musket mod the guns started to say crossbow sounds instead of gun sounds (which is not because of the mm mod because it said BANG before and now it doesnt)  :cry:
    Please fix it soon!
    For some reason the modders working on that mod decided to use the crossbow sound entries for the gun sounds.
    Here is a sounds.txt that replaces the crossbow sounds with the gun sounds: http://www.sendspace.com/file/cow5m5
    Side effect is that corssbows will now sound like guns while shooting. This won't be much of a problem with the Mount&Musket mod though.

@N.e.x.u.s.
    Tested out the pistol in Warband and the sounds work. Reason why you were getting no sounds was due to using the wrong sounds.txt. Make sure you are using the sounds.txt meant for Warband which can be found in the "Warband" folder of the mod package and not the sounds.txt located with the readme.
  14. Checkmaty

Thomas di Hookton said:
    and, before you tell me, I use sounds.txt from Warband folder.

The wrong sounds are the steps in the map, the screams, the moo in the sieges
    I just tested the sounds and they work. Trust me, the "battle" sounds when moving around on the world map and the "moo" when hitting doors in sieges is from using the wrong sounds.txt.
  15. Checkmaty

Haven't checked up here for a while. Had to replace my home computer including my harddrives. Pretty much lost 5 years worth of sound samples and a year and a half of data/files for my job. Haven't gotten to seeing if I can change the low armor and high armor threshold in the module system due to lack of motivation to even continue working on the mod. I will probably continue at a later date though.

N.e.x.u.s. said:
    I do need something though and you could probably help me with this!
    I managed to implement the flintlock but the last problem I'm having is that it doesn't have any sound...

I found sound samples in wave extension for it I just don't know how to link it to the flintlock :sad:

I would really appreciate any help on this case.
    I don't have the module system setup currently and don't really feel like doing that at the moment. Hopefully someone can help you with this. Sorry.

Genchou said:
    But since I'm not really getting into 1257AD, I tried to install the mod on my native module and for some obscure reason, when I'm on the map, I hear several "battle map sounds" like if my army would be surrounded by skirmishes on the map (which is not the case, obviously). Checked my module.ini, redid the installation process several times to be sure but nothing to do, still hearing that noise. It doesn't affect the gameplay, but it's really annoying for my poor ears.
    Beside that, everything looks normal, tough.
    This happens when you use the sounds.txt which is meant for the original M&B with Warband. In the download there should be a Warband folder with the correct sounds.txt.

Thomas di Hookton said:
    i think tihis version is bugged. Does it really work with 1.113? One of  1.113 feature was this:
    -Sound initialization is updated.

So, maybe this is not compatible.
    The mod is compatible with 1.113
Back
Top Bottom