Recent content by blackdoggie

1. blackdoggie

1.4.2 Skins.xml is now moddable

it had a problem with submodules and loadorder where the first file to load was given priority.
  2. blackdoggie

Devs, Let My Companion Go!

you are supposed to be able to use the ransom broker to free them, but this has not yet been implemented.
    not sure why since all the code and dialogue seems to be in the game already.
  3. blackdoggie

make Minor Factions more significant PLEASE

If you start digging into the code you will find that minor factions have ALLOT of features that are yet to be implemented indicating that they have allot of things planned for them.
    early access folks, more will come
  4. blackdoggie

Thinking of a Mod idea ? Clans as Population Class

Thanks, So i need a C# compiler for XML files ? I think I'll need to program a lot of new stuff - populations - classes - government types - etc

What be great if there was a Intro to modding Bannerlord document.

no no for xlm you just need notepad, but for what you have in mind i believe we would have to do some c# scripting as well.
    at least for the moment. when Taleworlds fully implements the faction sub behavior maybe we would be able to tweak it with just xlm.

we got a full forum and discord for modding btw, you find both starter guides and advanced tutorials there. https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?pages/modding/
    I am also happy to help out if I can.
  5. blackdoggie

Thinking of a Mod idea ? Clans as Population Class

you don't need mod tools to start modding this unless you plan on adding custom models/scenes.
    looks like its mostly scripted so all you need is a c# compiler.

minor factions got several sub behaviors (that are only partial implemented in game atm) such as mafia, religious order, mercenary ect. and i guess this is what you would have to mod, either modifying an existing sub behavior or create a new one for the class.
  6. blackdoggie

How lovely

How do they produce so many great mods without tools ? Obviously trusted groups have had access to the game / code before release ?

because the dev's did a very good thing and implemented .NET
    this allows us to patch the game with our own code.

we only need mod tools to handle models, scenes, assets and things of that kind.
  7. blackdoggie

Thank you TW for breaking all the mods again, sigh...

Someone at Taleword: Hey guys let's break all the mods !

*Dev team quickly writing 2 lines of code*​

2 lines of does not equal 100mb of patch.
    this was a major rewrite of allot of things, it should not be pushed as a hotfix but as a main patch.
  8. blackdoggie

Thank you TW for breaking all the mods again, sigh...

what irks me is that there is no rollback.
    a patch with this many changes should not be rolled out as a hotfix, it should be rolled out as a separate patch so people could roll back if it doesn't work.
  9. blackdoggie

updated to crash

You can always roll back the patch.

No roll backs for hotfix patches. only branch patches gets rollback points.
  10. blackdoggie

Community Mod Crashes Game on Startup

Yeah I thought about that, but due to another issue...I can't seem to take a castle/town for myself despite being the leader of the kingdom, that would involve marching halfway across the map to the fiefs I was able to take before being locked out of all ballots.

I did just see there's a mod that allows you to upgrade bandits without the disciplinarian perk which I might try since it's disabled in my game anyway.

yea you can do that, but keep in mind that mod edits bandits.xlm and will conflict with any other mod that edits it and allot of troop mods likes to do it for some reason,

if you want to mod yourself and create something that is compatible with what you run its very simple however.
    its just a flag you need to change. in the troops files (usually bandits.xlm) replace the tag occupation="Bandit" with occupation="Soldier"
    and they will no longer use disciplinarian.
    it takes 1 minute to do with the replace all function in notepad.

alternative you can use saddles editor https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/1547
    that lets you change it on the fly while in game.
  11. blackdoggie

Community Mod Crashes Game on Startup

My leadership skill is at 145 or something, yet when I get the option to upgrade looters say, the little box is in red and says you need the disciplinarian skill.

Which I find odd since since like I said, my leadership skill is way above 125. So yeah, I basically just can't use it. And the community mod for some reason didn't help.

there is a dirty workaround you can use if you own a castle/town with barracks, put your looters in the garrison and the castle will upgrade them for you
  12. blackdoggie

Bannerlord major fall on Steam most played games

Theres a conspiracy theory theyre still using the old 1993 doom engine but majorly overhauled.

lol , just like windows is a mod of MS-DOS.
    But no, Doom engine was based on binary space partitioning and you can no longer find any trace of that system in modern games.
  13. blackdoggie

Archers need a nerf.

assuming you are asking for singelplayer since you are posting here.
    why ask for nerfs when you can do it yourself ?

really just open spitems.xlm in notepad and change some numbers, voila new balance in 2 minutes.
  14. blackdoggie

Beta 1.4.1 Caladria hates Vlandia!

the unbalance comes with the 160+ new nobles in the game imo.

that changed a lot, because now there are more parties and armies available. they will figure it out soon, hopefully.

how many lords that are active on the map are bound to clan tier and there is a upper limit.
    most of the extra lords are just kept in reserve and does not affect balance.
  15. blackdoggie

Here are two mods that fix 1.4.1 major issues

The devs are bad so modders try to help the best they can.

Thanks them instead of saying it's useless at this time... They know their job is going to be broken at short term... But they do what they can for us to enjoy the broken game we were hyped for and we bought 50$.

I disagree, thank the dev's for making a game that we can mod.
    trust me, if the dev's were bad then you would not see many modders here.
Back
Top Bottom