Recent content by Arenik

1. MP Siege Improvement Ideas

5. If you remove destroyable wall gap barricades, then more ladders are needed, more ladders more siege action.
    +1. I believe that players need to be able to bring siege ladders themselves (there should be about 5-6) to any place on the wall.I also think that it will be necessary to add another siege tower (3 towers will be a lot)
    4. Add different (and differently strong) siege machines for every faction.
    I have a couple of ideas in this regard. These are the siege engines, I think, it is worth introducing.
    1.Tollenon consisted of two beams, one of which was installed vertically, and the other, longer, was movably fastened across the first in a state of equilibrium. At the end of the crossbeam, there was a basket or box that could hold a group of soldiers and rise to the desired height when the opposite end was lowered with the help of ropes. Tollenon was used to quickly raise warriors to the wall of a besieged fortress.
    2.Patella threw stones attached to the long arm of the lever when people pulled on the short arm. For nuclei of 2 - 3 kg, 8 people were enough, and for nuclei of several tens of kilograms - up to 100 and more.
    Paterella.jpg

3. Polybol - Rapid Fire Ballista.
    Ancient_Mechanical_Artillery._Pic_01.jpg

It is sad that the game does not have castles with a water obstacle (I mean a river to be crossed), no moats (which must be filled up), no palisade (which can be destroyed), no boiling oil. In my opinion, this tactically diversifies the siege.
  2. SP Top Suggestions

Thread title: Titles
    Category: Player, NPCs & Troops
    Why should it be featured in this thread: Because in my proposal I have detailed all the titles of nobility, and the titles will increase the immersion in the game
    Brief summary: Titles are an important part of medieval social life, as they show the dignity of a ruler. It is the title that shows at what level of the hierarchical ladder you are.

Thread title: Marriage and inheritance.
    Why should it be featured in this thread: In my proposal, I gave an example of marriage traditions and systems of inheritance, and marriage and inheritance of fiefs are an important part of the Middle Ages, and, therefore, of the game.
    Brief summary: Marriage plays an important role in people's lives, so different marriage traditions will increase the content of the game. Feud management and inheritance is an important part of medieval society, so the inheritance system is an important element of the game.

Thread title: Campaign map
    Category: World Map
    Why should it be featured in this thread: because this is a great suggestion for increasing the number of factions
    Brief summary: mong the faction I would like to see various steppe tribes, except for the Kuzaites (these are the Nachagans, Arkits, Kergits, Karakergits), various desert tribes, except for the Aserais and the island state.

Thread title: Religion
    Why should it be featured in this thread: Because in my proposal I came up with interesting religious mechanics.
    Brief summary: Religion is an important part of people's lives, and in the Middle Ages it played an important role, so it's worth adding it to the game
  3. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Even more factions

Yes, you mean to break down the current united teal Khuzait blob into several factions - potentially one each for the current clans Urkhunait(Or Khuzait still.. Ruling clan), Arkit, Baltirs, Harfit, Khergit, Koltit, Tigrit, Yanserit and the minor faction Karakhuzaits. And to do something simelar for Sturgia and Aserai.

The only benefit I can see is that TW would be forced to spend time with diplomancy. I hope they will realize that at some point anyway.

I myself has suggested dividing up the the map even more. Maybe splitting each current realm into 2 or even 3. Alot new factions. This would give smaller realms, harder expantions, greater player impact early on etc :smile: So the idea of adding realms I support.
    Not really. I would not want to split the Kuzaites into several smaller fractions, but add to the Kuzaites a few more approximately the same steppe fractions of about the same area, which are named after the titular nation (Nachagan, Arkits, Kergites, Karakergites). This also applies to Aseraev.

Titles
    Marriage and inheritance
  4. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Even more factions

Adding a couple more factions in the available campaign map is already a DLC worth of content.
    On this score, I agree

Adding 10 more factions with 1000 more items and increasing the map 10 times is not a very realistic (or even good) suggestion, it looks more like a fantasy.
    I suggested adding about 8 factions, but no more than 10

Titles
    Marriage and inheritance
  5. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Even more factions

Allthough it maight be historically correct to make some "realm" more decentraliced and even make them into a confederation, I don't see how this could be implemented in a way that makes the game better.
    • All these factions would be "unruleable" for the player. No fun not have anything do as the ruler of the Khuzaits, is it? The members rules the faction anyway, you beeing just a voice among others.
    • Map would look look like ****. Imaging 7-10 (related yes, but still need to differ enough to clearly spot the difference, huh?) colors instead 1 each for 3-4 of the factions?
    • The game does not feature "basic" alliances - how could it feature a diveraging subject status/contract?
    • How would this 4 factions diverage from each other?
    I recognice the root cause to such suggestions though, we have seen several of them on this board before. Factions are too simelar. They all play by exactly the same rules. And nothing wrong there!

My counter-proposal is to invent preset tradition-policies to each of the factions that can't/won't be abolished. High- impact ones! :smile:
    My suggestion is to add new factions (for example, Karakergits = Karakergit Khanate, Kergits = Kergit Khanate, Nachagans = Nachaga Khanate of Arkites = Arksite Khanate, Sarranids = Sarranid Sultanate (+ 2 more sultanates), Nords, island faction). If the developers can make a confederation (for example, make a kaganate from the steppe factions), then it is good, but if not, then make separate factions (as I described above), but with different cultural variations (for example, in a marriage ceremony). If the developers will add a new faction, it will only be at the release of the game.

Titles
    Marriage and inheritance
  6. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Suggestion: add religion

In addition to giving objective to the Beni Zilal & Embers of the Flame minor factions, this content enhances and expands how religions affect Calradia, making possible, for example, actions such as rituals to boost your army's morale or demoralize the enemy army, convert a population to follow you and increase the loyalty of your subjects, or influence revolts in other kingdoms. A new way of coming to power and manage your relationships with other characters, giving religions an important role in the gameplay!
    Great proposal.
    Religions of Calradia

Overview:

• Enhances and expands religious minor factions
    • Adds sacred locations
    • Adds religious mechanics
    • Adds religious companions
    • Adds religious quests
    I would like to add something:
    1. Strengthens and expands religious minor factions
    2. Adds sacred sites
    3. Adds religious mechanics
    4. Adds Religious Companions
    5. Adds religious quests
    6. Missionaries and Prophets Appear
    7. Spiritual and knightly orders Appear
    8. The emergence of all sorts of fanatical cults and orders
    9. Religious uprising

Examples of religious quests: organize a crusade, organize a spiritual-knightly order (as well as the storyline of already created institution ), etc.

Titles
  7. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Suggestion: add religion

I would much rather see work go into making factions mechanically distinct rather than aesthetically distinct.
    what factions do you mean? if you mean the spiritual-knightly orders, then they will be the minor factions of the Empire, Vlandia and Battania.
  8. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Even more factions

what would it mean in practice?
    Confederation will be difficult to implement in practice, so it is better to make these tribes separate factions (I'm talking about the khanates of the Nachagans, Arkits, Kergits, Karakergits; Sarranid and other (come up with) sultanates; Nords and other northern tribes (come up with))

Titles
  9. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Suggestion: add religion

What interesting gameplay mechanic would derive from the introduction of religion?
    There can be many mechanics. For example, become the head of a spiritual knightly order(you can even do quests with your order); you can organize campaigns against the Gentiles (something like the Crusades); fanatics can heat up the situation in your state (His sparrow from Game of Thrones), cults can also appear (as well as quests associated with a certain cult) that will disturb the peace (for example, organize terror, raise uprisings, kill kings)
    Do you gain certain bonuses like Civilization 5?
    As for the situation when you are the ruler of your state, then you can take some strategies (the same Civilization) as an example and remake the mechanics for the game

Titles
  10. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Suggestion: add religion

The makers of the game, from the nation of Turkey, thought excluding religion was the way to go with their games. I agree with them 100-%.
    Explain your position that religion is not needed in the game. As I said in my presentation, religion is an important part in people's lives, it influenced all people, influenced morality, marriage, etc., because of it, wars and campaigns were unleashed (Crusades, hello)
    No IRL religions thanks!
    If the developers add religion to the game, then they will have two options: invent their own religions or take from life. The real life option I gave in my proposal

Titles
  11. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Suggestion: add religion

The Church is an integral part of life, including the feudal system (as well as titles), which subordinates spiritual life, culture, science, morality, and education to its dominion. Religious mechanics: 1. Strengthens and expands religious minor factions. 2. Adds sacred sites. 3.Religious...
  12. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Titles

Titles are an important part of medieval social life, as they show the dignity of a ruler. It is the title that shows at what level of the hierarchical ladder you are.Therefore, I propose to introduce titles into the game. A list of names by country is attached. 1.List of titles Titles in the...
  13. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Even more factions

Would they be weaker/stronger/the same?
    It depends on what they were at the time of joining the confederation (well, after that, it already depends on the policy of a particular state)
    Would they join all wars autmatically if the total vote says so or would they join only wars they voted yes for?
    Officially, members of the confederation enter all wars (regardless of opinion), but actual participation depends on the internal political situation
    How would conquered fiefs be distributed?
    The legal status of these possessions can be different, they can be transferred to a condominium (joint ownership), part of the land can be under protectorate, the conquered lands can be transferred to one member. All this was decided by universal suffrage.
  14. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Even more factions

I propose that the confederation (steppe, sultanates in the south, tribes of the northerners (Nords, etc.) should consist of independent states (they are displayed on the campaign map), but they only affect foreign policy (they participate in voting on a declaration of war or conclusion of peace ), and in the internal politics of the state they are independent
  15. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Even more factions

My suggestion for factions is this: 1. New steppe fractions (kuzaites, nachaganes, arkites, kergites, karakergites). They are either united into the Kuzait Kaganate (a confederation; each clan within the Khanate has its own Khanate), or each clan has its own faction (Khanate; the name is given...
Back
Top Bottom