SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Suggestion: add religion

Users who are viewing this thread

Arenik

Recruit
The Church is an integral part of life, including the feudal system (as well as titles), which subordinates spiritual life, culture, science, morality, and education to its dominion.
Religious mechanics:
1. Strengthens and expands religious minor factions.
2. Adds sacred sites.
3.Religious clergy.
5. Adds religious quests.
6. Missionaries and Prophets Appear.
7. Spiritual-knightly orders Appear.
8. The emergence of all sorts of fanatical cults and orders.
9. Religious uprising.
10.Influence on laws, on marriage.

Vlandia and Empire - Catholicism, Battania - Protestantism, Sturgia - Orthodoxy, Aserai - Islam, Kuzaiti - Tengrism.
A little more detail on the influence of religion. Religion affects many things, such as marriage traditions. For example, among the Aserais and Kuzaits, polygamy is possible, and religion also affects the marriage procedure. Religious morality also influences laws, for example, a religious ban on consanguineous marriages can be reflected in the law.
What are spiritual-knightly orders? Spiritual-knightly orders are organizations of knights. Each order feared a life-long elected and approved master (grandmaster). The chiefs of the "provinces" - the priors, as well as the marshals (in charge of the finances of the order), commanders (commandants of castles, fortresses), etc., until the general chapter, which was periodically convened and the legislative branch, were subordinate to him. The Order of the Monk Knights is a hierarchical structure. The main ones were the knight brothers. Next came the brothers-squires and chaplains. These orders were headed by the Grand Masters, elected for a life term. Examples, Knights Templar, Teutonic Order. These orders can be fanatics, such as the Holy Warrior in Game of Thrones.
Religion is an important part of people's lives, as it affects culture, morality, marriage, wars were unleashed because of it, so, in my opinion, it is worth adding religion to the game.

Last edited:
The makers of the game, from the nation of Turkey, thought excluding religion was the way to go with their games. I agree with them 100-%.
Explain your position that religion is not needed in the game. As I said in my presentation, religion is an important part in people's lives, it influenced all people, influenced morality, marriage, etc., because of it, wars and campaigns were unleashed (Crusades, hello)
No IRL religions thanks!
If the developers add religion to the game, then they will have two options: invent their own religions or take from life. The real life option I gave in my proposal

Titles

Last edited:
What interesting gameplay mechanic would derive from the introduction of religion? Do you gain certain bonuses like Civilization 5? Can you become a priest and convert people through dialogue? I don't see many different interesting ways which religion could enhance the player experience in bannerlord other than simply "religions exist irl so we should have them in the game". Personally I find it pointless unless it would include some additional gameplay options that are worthwhile. If you have any ideas of how religion would improve this gameplay i'd be willing to read them, and by further elaborating on your suggestion you would have more luck with the devs implementing it.

What interesting gameplay mechanic would derive from the introduction of religion?
There can be many mechanics. For example, become the head of a spiritual knightly order(you can even do quests with your order); you can organize campaigns against the Gentiles (something like the Crusades); fanatics can heat up the situation in your state (His sparrow from Game of Thrones), cults can also appear (as well as quests associated with a certain cult) that will disturb the peace (for example, organize terror, raise uprisings, kill kings)
Do you gain certain bonuses like Civilization 5?
As for the situation when you are the ruler of your state, then you can take some strategies (the same Civilization) as an example and remake the mechanics for the game

Titles

Last edited:
I would much rather see work go into making factions mechanically distinct rather than aesthetically distinct.

I would much rather see work go into making factions mechanically distinct rather than aesthetically distinct.
what factions do you mean? if you mean the spiritual-knightly orders, then they will be the minor factions of the Empire, Vlandia and Battania.

If the developers add religion to the game, then they will have two options: invent their own religions or take from life. The real life option I gave in my proposal
Most or all factions in the game would have what can be called "dead" religions. "Unformalized" religions like Hellenism, Celtism, Slavic and Germanic polythemism. If religions where to be introduced, I hope they would be based on these rather than be traceable/comparable with Cristendome or Islam in any way.

There are "religious" minor factions in the game. At least "Skolderbrotva" - "The shield brothers" - are based on the tale of the "Jomsvikings".

I think yours is a few centuries wrong. Niether cristendom or islam was yet invented when the IRL factions had their biggest glories(Except the Mongols maybe but they held on to their Tengrism never the less.)

Religions of Calradia

wG4y3NL.jpg

Overview:
  • Enhances and expands religious minor factions
  • Adds sacred locations
  • Adds religious mechanics
  • Adds religious companions
  • Adds religious quests
In addition to giving objective to the Beni Zilal & Embers of the Flame minor factions, this content enhances and expands how religions affect Calradia, making possible, for example, actions such as rituals to boost your army's morale or demoralize the enemy army, convert a population to follow you and increase the loyalty of your subjects, or influence revolts in other kingdoms. A new way of coming to power and manage your relationships with other characters, giving religions an important role in the gameplay!

Last edited:
In addition to giving objective to the Beni Zilal & Embers of the Flame minor factions, this content enhances and expands how religions affect Calradia, making possible, for example, actions such as rituals to boost your army's morale or demoralize the enemy army, convert a population to follow you and increase the loyalty of your subjects, or influence revolts in other kingdoms. A new way of coming to power and manage your relationships with other characters, giving religions an important role in the gameplay!
Great proposal.
Religions of Calradia

Overview:

• Enhances and expands religious minor factions
  • Adds sacred locations
  • Adds religious mechanics
  • Adds religious companions
  • Adds religious quests
I would like to add something:
1. Strengthens and expands religious minor factions
2. Adds sacred sites
3. Adds religious mechanics
4. Adds Religious Companions
5. Adds religious quests
6. Missionaries and Prophets Appear
7. Spiritual and knightly orders Appear
8. The emergence of all sorts of fanatical cults and orders
9. Religious uprising

Examples of religious quests: organize a crusade, organize a spiritual-knightly order (as well as the storyline of already created institution ), etc.

Titles

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom