Recent content by Alakeram

1. Alakeram

Overriding Native XML files using Submodules

Hey, old time modder here, I been seeing some good mods come out (like party limits etc) One issue i'm having with 90% of these mods is they're just shoving it into the main module, which in the long run is a bad idea. (IE: Dev's update said file, now that mod is gone and you have to reinstall...
  2. Alakeram

Viking Conquest issues

Germanic Celt said:
    Utfred said:
    Throwing spears i can deal with because vikings actually used throwing spears and axes back in their era, but never has a viking used a SPEAR to fight with

Use of thrustin spears by norsemen is mentionned several times in Sagas. It has also been proven many times by archeological founds.

http://www.hurstwic.org/history/articles/manufacturing/text/viking_spear.htm

It's actually hard to find a people on earth that never used spears for warfare. Its cheap, intuitive in the making and very deadly.

Man, someone actually said that? I feel sorry for the Vikings then, they'd have had a hard time fighting pesky Cavalry.

Okay well i should of said Never used it in a duel, which is true, of course they used spears on cavalry but have you ever seen a viking fighting/dueling on-foot combat? i have not, they would more likely slam a axe through someones head then cheaply poke at someone... when i said NEVER seen a viking fight i meant in a duel/on-foot combat
  3. Alakeram

Viking Conquest issues

An issue i am still having is more towards lore that needs fixing, at the tournaments about 9 out of 10 times i running around with a shield and spear, and to me this is lore breaking because in the viking days they always dueled with swords.

The Vikings engaged in formal duels, or holmganga, to settle feuds. Holmganga roughly translates as “island going” and indicates that most duels took place on small islands where limitations of space (and, consequently, options for retreat), could be strictly enforced. The area of combat was determined by the laying out of a square cloth. Furrows were marked out around the cloth and the space was enclosed by a rope. Each of the combatants was allowed a second whose role was to hold the warrior’s shield. Swords were the weapon of choice.

The duel did not commence with both warriors rushing at each other. Instead, each man took his turn at making one strike against his opponent. If a combatant chose this opportunity to back off and in so doing placed his foot outside the cloth, he was deemed to have run away and the fight would be stopped. If a strike was effective and incapacitating, the wounded party was allowed to stop the fight but was then obliged to forfeit a sum of money to his winning opponent.

throwing spears i can deal with because vikings actually used throwing spears and axes back in their era, but never has a viking used a SPEAR to fight with.... and if anyone knows of a way i can change this myself (which i probably already know how... but been 4 years since i last modded...) anyhoo if this could get fixed for the sake of lore i would greatly appreciate it.

Alak
  4. Alakeram

Alak's Bugfinding Conquest. (Devs read here for my bug reports.)

A new bug has started for me since the new beta patch that was released today(?)

I know there is more then just this one and i will update this with all the ones i get, so far its hit the refuge informationals and this

d0nBK9b.jpg

5. Alakeram

Extremely low FPS.

kalarhan said:
    Gylve said:
    Also, my specs are (I think):
    Interl(R) HD Graphics 4000.
    4GB of Ram.
    Intel(R) Core(TM) CPU @ 1.80GHz (4 CPUs)

Your computer is old. But you can fix it by just buying a cheap graphics card and you will be able to play VC on medium with 100-400 troops (depends on the card). When I say cheap I mean in the $40 to $80 bucks range.

Make sure you dont have a graphics card first tho. The HD Graphics is part of the CPU. You could have a graphics card and you just forgot to list it.

Using Steam: Steam menu, Help, System Information -> copy that and paste here

E.g: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007709%204026&IsNodeId=1&name=%2450%20-%20%2475&Order=PRICE

nah his computer isn't old, Integrated HD 4000 is recent, but seems to be a laptop
  6. Alakeram

Extremely low FPS.

1.8 ghz CPU and u can run skyrim on high???????????? uhh what? min req for skyrim is 2.6ghz cpu i think, sure ur not thinking of morrowind? lol. and a Intel integrated GPU??? are you running a laptop?

EDIT:

Skyrim min requirements

MINIMUM:
    Processor: Dual Core 2.0GHz or equivalent processor
    Memory: 2GB System RAM
    Hard Disk Space: 6GB free HDD Space
    Video Card: Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512 MB of RAM
    Sound: DirectX compatible sound card

k so apparently you might be able to run skyrim on medium (dual core 2.0 min but u got a quad)
    but high? i can't see it, unless your stuttering low FPS lol.
  7. Alakeram

Please fix the refuge bug *******DEV READ******UPDATED TODAY***Traits Mismatch**

Haven't experienced any of these issues so idk lol
  8. Alakeram

Ok so with the new patch i got yesterday(the 200mb one) i got 2 new bugs to report.

First one is:

JDfJP2S.jpg

these are the 3 i've been getting a lot of, sometimes i get all 3 at the same time, or i get 1 after another, and seems like it happens when a lord is released from captivity/after a fight said lord lost

it verys though the mapID changes each time i see it (seen it around 12 times since update)

Second one:

NqMJFI4.png

cannot use ferry system for some reason, keeps kicking me back to start position...
    EDIT: Ok so after letting the ferry cross the river it magically popped me to the other side, so uh, im pretty sure thats a bug lol.
  9. Alakeram

i love this dlc but now....the cake is ****ing pissed....****ing pissed...

idk about his computer cause hes not posting specs, but my computer isn't "beast" but vanilla warband, and floris mod i can run a 400 (200x200) with very little FPS loss and very little stuttering, but in VC my rig struggles with 100v100, i personally don't think its my computer but moreover the game it self, like how the map glitches wierdly i think it does the same in combat, like it struggles to load textures or something, idk. i do know that there is alot of graphical additions to the DLC (like seeing the town in real time while at the town menu) and the trees swaying... wierdly.. but they're swaying which is cool.

long story short i think the engine can't handle alot of the cool features that were added to this DLC and will probably have to be enhanced to support it
  10. Alakeram

Volund said:
    Alakeram said:
    Idibil said:
    Thank you for reporting.

Wierd lighting bug with torches.

I think that this is a warband graphic configuration theme. YOu try other graphics options.

Well like i said, i run full graphics on everything except shadows, so are you saying i need to reduce something to make it not so bright?

With that light issue, trying turning the auto-exposure OFF. Worked for me.

Thanks that solved the lighting issue, now time for a few more bug reports

Ok so first bug

1. When using the tactical camera (Backspace) when your trying to walk or click on stuff within the options it just disappears....

When i say disappears i mean like i have to press backspace twice to get back into it, and if i backspace once to go back to character control the camera goes all wonky (like im still in tact camera just close to my character with no tactical options)

and im pretty sure this is a bug and kinda balance breaking, almost 90% of the top tier enemys are using daggers to fight with?????? and i THINK the cause of this is because im playing in realism mode which reduces skills to "balance" the need of using light armor for speed etc but yet the NPC's still run super fast (always faster then my own character with light armor and 6 athletic skill) and i think because of the "skill reduction" they cannot use the bigger better weapons so they turn around and use the next best thing in their inventory, a dagger >_>

So i'll probably have more to report in a little bit.

Here's a quick little thing that bothers me its not a bug but something i think should be fixed

This is the viking Era, but yet we use daggers and polearms to duel with in arenas??? doesn't make sense when its the viking era of axes and throwing weapons should replace these weapons in the arena with axes and blunt weapons, not really a mace but like a wooden club or something, out of like 15 arena matches i've had i only got 1 axe -_- lol.

-Alak
  11. Alakeram

Idibil said:
    Thank you for reporting.

Wierd lighting bug with torches.

I think that this is a warband graphic configuration theme. YOu try other graphics options.

Well like i said, i run full graphics on everything except shadows, so are you saying i need to reduce something to make it not so bright?
  12. Alakeram

Okey another quick bug report before i goto bed, almost all combat (except the first fight i had) the enemy troops will go into formation at the spawn spot and not move from there at all... when this happend on other mods (like floris) i could go up to them by myself wack them one time and they would charge, they don't do anything at all, like a few will go towards me n try to stab me, but other then that they go right back to thier formation and don't budge... this happens when i attack and defend, so its not a defend script (unless its a defend script triggering for attacking as well?)
  13. Alakeram

Already another bug, not registering that im on water... >_> I have a magic horse that can walk on water! JESUS!!!

8coVMv2.png

It was from dorstad to dunwic

Also when i got to Dunwic i got a bunch of rock RGL errors. too many to SS them all, but u get the jist (already been reported)
    No CTD though.

pWr8miy.jpg

there it got nice and compacted for ya :smile:

EDIT: Also got RGL error in eidynburh but didn't say of what, blank RGL errors....
  14. Alakeram

Ok so, i posted these on a bug topic already but they will quickly get lost and harder to find for the devs, so im goin to make my own little personal bug log for the devs to find, i really wanna see this game become as great as it should be so i will help my way by being a bug finder. Current...
  15. Alakeram

Hotfix is coming.

Lol few more minutes into the game i ran across another bug

j3sgUJe.jpg

unlimited relations with heads of cattle, (i only had 5 heads of cattle that i stole from another village)

and lets me spam it, doesn't register that i don't have the cattle anymore...
Back
Top Bottom