Been almost 5 months since the last substantial update

Users who are viewing this thread

maybe armagan is running for office. or perhaps they can't fix the memory issues. or perhaps the game is as dead as the turkish economy and they know their game is total garbage.

It's quite pathetic at this point.
When the last 'communication' was a single sentence tucked away in a forum thread well past a month ago that all but said "won't come in March"; or "we don't know when but patch 1.3 will 'definitely' come". I'm guessing this includes April, May, June, 2024, and 2025?
How is this company/studio even sustainable, everyone there just twiddling their thumbs/milking the sales of this unfinished BL before folding the studio in 2 years?

If they are working on a decent update, watch them release it at the end of this month to compete with Manorlords release date.

Seems like the Devs on Manorlords listened to the feedback Bannerlord got and implemented it into their game, such as actual dialogue interaction with NPC characters and a decent banner editor to name a few.

If they are working on a decent update, watch them release it at the end of this month to compete with Manorlords release date.

Seems like the Devs on Manorlords listened to the feedback Bannerlord got and implemented it into their game, such as actual dialogue interaction with NPC characters and a decent banner editor to name a few.
*The "Dev" - Only one developer created Manor Lords, which is honestly nothing but extremely impressive.

*The "Dev" - Only one developer created Manor Lords, which is honestly nothing but extremely impressive.
Yeah that's fairly insane. He's been able to build such a promising game based on what I've seen on YouTube today by himself while Taleworlds can't even put out a decent patch with all that money and resources in the same timeframe.

Okay but is there mounted combat? :sneaky:

Okay but is there mounted combat? :sneaky:
I read on the Reddit cavalry are to be released down the line for his game.

Haven't checked into Bannerlord since 1.7 and honestly I don't know what update Taleworlds would release that would make me reinstall it. The thought of even playing the best part (the battles) where the enemy just does the exact same thing every time is, in itself, the main reason I won't be reinstalling it.

Hopefully when I get my hands on Manor Lords after it releases and some proper reviews come out for it, it will scratch the itch Bannerlord fail to and I won't have to periodically keep coming back in here like some domestic abuse victim.

That's assuming TW was even competent enough to have this 6+month long patch completed to even pull a simple marketing move like this. Also, doesn't work for a game that's already 'officially' released 1.5 years ago.

Manor Lords and Bannerlord aren't even remotely the same tpye of game so I don't understand why people are holding it up against Bannerlord.

Actually, I completely understand why, it's because of the "lol bannerlord sucks wow look at manor lords this game isn't going to have any issues at all lol tw sucks!" angle. But other than both taking place in generically ambigious "medieval times" they are not near the same genres nor scratch the same itch.

Manor Lords is clearly a city builder with RTS gameplay and combat. It's closer to Against the Storm or Farthest Frontier or Anno 1800.

Bannerlord is one of those opaque multi genre smash ups like Kenshi - a mixture of 3rd person RPG, open world sandbox simulation.

Manor Lords and Bannerlord aren't even remotely the same tpye of game so I don't understand why people are holding it up against Bannerlord.

Actually, I completely understand why, it's because of the "lol bannerlord sucks wow look at manor lords this game isn't going to have any issues at all lol tw sucks!" angle. But other than both taking place in generically ambigious "medieval times" they are not near the same genres nor scratch the same itch.

Manor Lords is clearly a city builder with RTS gameplay and combat. It's closer to Against the Storm or Farthest Frontier or Anno 1800.

Bannerlord is one of those opaque multi genre smash ups like Kenshi - a mixture of 3rd person RPG, open world sandbox simulation.

"Bannerlord isn't remotely like Manor Lords"

"It's more like Kenshi"

☠️

"Bannerlord isn't remotely like Manor Lords"

"It's more like Kenshi"

☠️
@Jehiel is accurate on that reference, there's a reason why Kenshi (and partly Rimworld) have been common references with Bannerlord.

The only thing Manor Lords and Bannerlords share is a medieval setting, and phonetically similar barring the 'M' and 'B'.

Could ML be better than BL as a game, sure hope so; nor was that even some particularly high bar of standard by any means anyways.

@Jehiel is accurate on that reference, there's a reason why Kenshi (and partly Rimworld) have been common references with Bannerlord.

The only thing Manor Lords and Bannerlords share is a medieval setting, and phonetically similar barring the 'M' and 'B'.

Could ML be better than BL as a game, sure hope so; nor was that even some particularly high bar of standard by any means anyways.
I said I hope Manor Lords scratches and itch Bannerlord didn't which is an anecdotal situation (i.e. scratched my itch i.e. for me) because of the medieval setting which is something I really enjoy as a game setting, and yer man threw and absolute hissy fit that I compared the two games.

I didn't purchase bannerlords for the sole reason of hacking and slashing. I bought it for the roleplay element of developing a kingdom in the medieval period, developing and maintaining an army and my growing kingdom, taking over the land with some interactive NPCs, interesting dialogue and dynamics and of course, politics (sound familiar?).

So you also saying the only similarities are the setting and the name is a bit of a reach there, pal.

I was also saying how impressive it was for the dev of manor lords to achieve what he has so far on his own, whereas TW can't put out a decent patch since EA.

There are as many similarities with manor lords to Bannerlord as there are Kenshi to Bannerlord for me at least. It's not like you can hack and slash in kenshi either, regardless of it being in third person. If anything, hopefully Kenshi and Manor Lords will be similar in the way that there might be some depth to the roleplaying element without the need for 100+ mods.

Last edited:
And what is that reason if I may ask? They look like completely different games to me Kenshi and Bannerlord.
I don't understand completely, it's never about the looks. Probably the sandbox element with multiple NPC agents within that same simulation being interactable (and mods to further it).

And what is that reason if I may ask? They look like completely different games to me Kenshi and Bannerlord.

Both games share the same gameplay loop of starting alone from scratch, dumped into a world that simluates itself and has factions and wars and combat. There is a focus on recruiting/developing a party/army (I think Kenshi you can only have companions, whereas MB it's companions+troops).

Both games have overarching RPG elements like skill trees you invest in and do things to get better (Kenshi has mining for example, both games have trade) and elements like managing your companions equipment and skills as well.

As you get stronger you are able to impact the world more by engaging in the fighting and even growing into attacking whole cities and taking them over.

The main difference is that Kenshi has a building component not unlike survival games where you can build walls and then buildings for your party. Almost like a Rimworld-lite I think? Whereas obviously MB leans more into a strategy-lite with its wars and battles with faction relations taking the center stage with some lite kingdom mechanics surrounding it.

Also obviously Kenshi looks like it's from 2006 whereas for all the hate I think Bannerlord looks pretty solid, above average I'd say and also runs really well. There is a Kenshi 2 being made though!

Even if they have one or two poor souls still working (part-time) on this game, we should all move on now. This company and its products do not deserve your time, energy, or attention....

Back
Top Bottom