Player's clan parties AI behaviour

Users who are viewing this thread

Dodgy

Sergeant at Arms
What is the point of setting my own clan's parties to defensive if they are going to take off and travel around randomly while my own fiefs are getting raided?

Can this please be looked at because it doesn't make any sense to me... if set on defensive I would like my own clan's members to focus entirely on defending our territory and I would also like an option to set them as not enlistable for AI armies.

If set to neutral, then fair game, they can enlist / roam around.

Aggressive should mean that they actively look at raiding fiefs/joining sieges.

This is what would make sense to me, but as of right now, they just seem to be acting randomly while my fiefs are getting raided which is not cool and defeats the purpose of the behaviours.

Yeah, it'd be better if the behavior settings did what they implied they did (aggressively invade, patrol, or a mix of both).

At the moment, I think it only determines how willing they are to pursue fleeing warbands (and maybe willingness to engage in general?) since Aggressive seemed to ensure they'd chase after enemy units and thus do the job of patrolling more effectively whereas Defensive had them apathetic if not avoiding fighting altogether.

Yeah they should improve these option, maybe even add more. They might think "well AI parties can't say no, why can your parties say no to join armies?" but I think you need to make the game make sense and be useful to the player.

Yeah they should improve these option, maybe even add more. They might think "well AI parties can't say no, why can your parties say no to join armies?" but I think you need to make the game make sense and be useful to the player.
what i want to see is similar to Warband's army creation - when you are independent or mercenary you can call them to follow you, otherwise why would you bother to create any party if you do not control then any way?
That's help a lot in early stage of game, before player will be able to be a king (clan tier 4), and make possible for player to take places without assistance of other clans/lords, so all glory goes to...

what i want to see is similar to Warband's army creation - when you are independent or mercenary you can call them to follow you, otherwise why would you bother to create any party if you do not control then any way?
That's help a lot in early stage of game, before player will be able to be a king (clan tier 4), and make possible for player to take places without assistance of other clans/lords, so all glory goes to...
Yeah I agree, it would be fun to have control over you clan parties as a merc or independent. I know some will say "oh but balance", but you can take out entire factions alone with just 1 party anyways, so it's just killing a fun feature by not letting us use our clan parties effectively as a independent (or merc).

Dont worry, modders will do this way better than the actual Devs. There is an actual mod out there that gives you full control of the AI parties in your clan

Dont worry, modders will do this way better than the actual Devs. There is an actual mod out there that gives you full control of the AI parties in your clan
True but who knows how long the modder(s) will keep it updated. If better controls are baked into the vanilla game then there's no need to worry about updates or conflicting with other mods either.

True but who knows how long the modder(s) will keep it updated. If better controls are baked into the vanilla game then there's no need to worry about updates or conflicting with other mods either.
This, the entire culmination of the issues with BL.
I'm pretty sure the 'baked' in system is just the UI interface, there's no actual coding behind it besides just a simple UI pull down between 3 options.

This, the entire culmination of the issues with BL.
I'm pretty sure the 'baked' in system is just the UI interface, there's no actual coding behind it besides just a simple UI pull down between 3 options.
true, there is a mod called ''improved garrisons'', and it is doing all things we ask - create patrols/guards from garrisons, allow to patrol area, follow clan leader or garrison other fiefs... so, should't be that hard to ''bake'' it to vanilla

Back
Top Bottom