Workshops for 1.2.7 and 1.2.8

Users who are viewing this thread

Shops are balanced around a much longer form game than bannerlord in it's current format. If a conquest took multiple generations shops would be great

I havent looked at it myself, but Silvermith use Ore, so I'm guessing its the same as with Smithy TW are too heavy handed with tweaks and most likely the amount of raw materials is way to high vs demand of the finished goods.

Example the iron ore for smithyworkshop is now 6 units as I've mentioned in pm's or asked you if my finding was correct rather.
This is an excessive amount of mats and tanks the profit margins hard.

Overall though if you get 50-100 denars pr day and the cost to buy the shop is 25000 = 500 days or 250 days to break even.
Which just dont feel "rewarding" for the player.
Even when its 200 denars it just dont feel rewarding.

As the other poster says its "based around a longer game" than the current format really makes it be.

Just dont feel rewarding vs investment.

I've touched on it before on realisme vs "fun", and the mix they go is that its really fun for ppl who like to micro-manage and play the markets, for those its a super huge profit easy.
For more casual gamers of this aspect, its tedious to say the least, you really shoudnt need to have a minor degree in finances to get this aspect of the game to be fun for the player.

I think they just "overdid" too many aspects of the game, and added in to many complex mechanics which makes it more realistic, but also less fun(unless of course that is your idea of fun).

That being said for pc-players there is already alot of mods you can use to fix most of the issues that TW is dropping the ball on.

Just feels like the dev is Clavicus Vile at that from TES, where the solution they provide to work, but its always a caveat that is worse.
(Tes = The Elder Scrolls, Clavicus Vile is a Daedric Prince, he offers solutions to your problems, like the father who wanted to cure his daugther of vampirisme - he offered an axe..)

I havent looked at it myself, but Silvermith use Ore, so I'm guessing its the same as with Smithy TW are too heavy handed with tweaks and most likely the amount of raw materials is way to high vs demand of the finished goods.

Example the iron ore for smithyworkshop is now 6 units as I've mentioned in pm's or asked you if my finding was correct rather.
This is an excessive amount of mats and tanks the profit margins hard.

Overall though if you get 50-100 denars pr day and the cost to buy the shop is 25000 = 500 days or 250 days to break even.
Which just dont feel "rewarding" for the player.
Even when its 200 denars it just dont feel rewarding.

As the other poster says its "based around a longer game" than the current format really makes it be.

Just dont feel rewarding vs investment.

I've touched on it before on realisme vs "fun", and the mix they go is that its really fun for ppl who like to micro-manage and play the markets, for those its a super huge profit easy.
For more casual gamers of this aspect, its tedious to say the least, you really shoudnt need to have a minor degree in finances to get this aspect of the game to be fun for the player.

I think they just "overdid" too many aspects of the game, and added in to many complex mechanics which makes it more realistic, but also less fun(unless of course that is your idea of fun).

That being said for pc-players there is already alot of mods you can use to fix most of the issues that TW is dropping the ball on.

Just feels like the dev is Clavicus Vile at that from TES, where the solution they provide to work, but its always a caveat that is worse.
(Tes = The Elder Scrolls, Clavicus Vile is a Daedric Prince, he offers solutions to your problems, like the father who wanted to cure his daugther of vampirisme - he offered an axe..)
Just an FYI, Smithy's can now use Iron bars (of all tiers) instead of just ore! Maybe it was always like that, but I only noticed it after seeing that the Input went from Iron Ore to Simply "iron." I've turned the Smithy in Varnovopal (spelling) into a freaking powerhouse by just supplying it with the Crude, wrought, and regular iron I get from smelting all my loot. It's currently year 4/5ish and it's constantly putting out 400 a day.

Does it make anything besides tools? Giving higher type ingots to it and getting... more tools... feels really bad to me (as a player who enjoys smithing my own weapons). :???:

Does it make anything besides tools? Giving higher type ingots to it and getting... more tools... feels really bad to me (as a player who enjoys smithing my own weapons).
That, I have not tested. The town does have some very, very high-end helms though. (One I've never seen before, worth 160k).

I meant specifically: do they make such things that are then left in the player's warehouse. I have seen high level armor ($$$ over 100k even) spawn in the marketplace in previous versions of the game.

Once I found myself buying a full armor set to outfit a new companion in the appropriate culture style without thinking to look at prices, and accidentally spent 750K+ :shock:

I am very sad that dead people take their equipment with them to the void.

Wow I got off topic there. Sorry.

Just an FYI, Smithy's can now use Iron bars (of all tiers) instead of just ore! Maybe it was always like that, but I only noticed it after seeing that the Input went from Iron Ore to Simply "iron." I've turned the Smithy in Varnovopal (spelling) into a freaking powerhouse by just supplying it with the Crude, wrought, and regular iron I get from smelting all my loot. It's currently year 4/5ish and it's constantly putting out 400 a day.

I dont recall it useing that before, when I've dropped those excess Iron Ore etc that I've had.
But I think that I see the effect you mention myself tbh.
Hm.. I got to test what happends if I dump them in the Warehouse.

I have however done some more testing on the new 1.28 and generally speaking it seems to for me atleast that they when there is mats in town(which it often isnt)(and I got Epicroeta with 2 nearby villages both delivering iron)(the problem imo is that the iron ore there sells for 30-40 pr unit, however you can sell to some nearby towns for 80 (even 133) and thus all the merchant will buy up all the goods of that type.
Wish we'd have some more "control" over the market to stop such a thing, where you end up with lack of rawmaterials.)

Overall though the whole aspect of the workshops is just abit "too much needing micromanagement" vs what it shoud do.
The labor cost increase they did back in some patch was a huge step in the wrong way to start out).
Now with the excessive usage of rawmaterials on top of it, really makes it to "not be fun" for casual "workshop owners" - great for those who want to micromanage sure.

just miss the old warband where it was more "plug & play".
At the bare minimum, they should never be for the player looseing money so to speak(so they can go bankrupt) just have minimum 1 profit if you arent optimal etc.

Back
Top Bottom