Open Suddenly copyright claim on my youtube Videos

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello, this question can only be answered from Taleworlds directly i think.

I made a whole playthrough of the Warbands campaign back in 2019 and now suddenly "Sip It & Trip It" is claiming more and more Videos because of the Music.

Probably this is happening to all Content Creators out there having music on, in their recordings.

Thats the Side claiming.

Would be cool if Taleworlds can reach out to them or Youtube. Its killing the whole Playlist of 100 Episodes, i have no struggle deleting them, but that would be sad.

Best
Aldemar

You are not using any other music at your playthroughs, just plain Native, correct? Can't you just counter their claim? I mean, it should be pretty obvious to Youtube that that specific youtube channel is new and just uploading videos to claim their copyright.

I made a whole playthrough of the Warbands campaign back in 2019 and now suddenly "Sip It & Trip It" is claiming more and more Videos because of the Music.

Probably this is happening to all Content Creators out there having music on, in their recordings.

Thats the Side claiming.

Would be cool if Taleworlds can reach out to them or Youtube. Its killing the whole Playlist of 100 Episodes, i have no struggle deleting them, but that would be sad.

Best
Aldemar
I got the same thing today, my guess it is a person that created an account just to try and file claims for revenue. Dispute it and share the link where TW posts they are giving us permission to monetize. From what I've read Mr Hopkins from Sip it & trip it or FUGA made the music for Warband and Bannerlord and was hired by TW. So the question is @Eärendil Ardamírë , does Taleworld own the rights to the music used in the game or does the composer own those rights? If TW owns it, i think it's time for TW to make a new post, up to date allowing content creators access more detailed permission to monetize, look at your post and how old it is so it makes it easier for us as creators who are promoting your game to handle these issues better.
@Aldemar look at the creation of the channel, it was just made, its bound to be trash

An interesting question, @Dejan or @MArdA TaleWorlds might be able to evaluate that better, perhaps also with their own law experts. However, I would find it weired if TW wouldn't have the rights on the music they are using.
exactly my thoughts, the Taleworld Inc. team need to update that super old post to include more so we as creators don't have to waste hours trying to defend a claim or even strike on our channel which I have gotten in the past when a more detailed post from Taleworld would solve it. It's something that would take minutes but save creators who promote the game to save potentially hours and held revenue

Thats the Side claiming.

Best
Aldemar
just to let you know, it should be a copyright claim, that is easy. Just dispute the claim as the video/s will stay live and the revenue is just held till its resolved. No big deal dispute with the link I provided saying it's owned by Taleworld Inc. But if its a strike, which I have gotten before thats a different ballpark, so if a claim just dispute and wait and your fine. If it's a strike then let me know, that you need to take super seriously where a claim is no big deal

The main Problem is the ammount of claims and they will pop up over and over again. Im not in the mood to fight them all. So the only solution is that Taleworlds ist reaching out to them and tell them to stop. Thats how other Publishers and Developers handle such issues i noticed in the past.

It would be fine to fight 2-3 claims but atm i have around 20, numbers rising every day.

The main Problem is the ammount of claims and they will pop up over and over again. Im not in the mood to fight them all. So the only solution is that Taleworlds ist reaching out to them and tell them to stop. Thats how other Publishers and Developers handle such issues i noticed in the past.

It would be fine to fight 2-3 claims but atm i have around 20, numbers rising every day.
it's actually a much bigger problem that TW. ESo put out a video 5 months saying people have been doing this to him for a long time and TW could stop it but as ESO said it takes work to copyright their material on YouTube then allow people to monetize it so they own the rights but allow people to use it. It's a serious issue as if you dispute the claim they could copyright strike you then, Now they will lose but the disruption it causes will be the problem. So Taleworld could take steps to stop it but would require a lot of time to do it, it's more on YouTube to stop it and they won't. Here is the video from 5 months ago, so this has been happening or years and they are making millions off creators

Hey all, we will investigate this and come back with an answer as soon as possible.
Thanks for looking into this I have also been hit by a ton of emails on this matter and look forward to seeing a resolution from Taleworlds.

Last edited:
Hey all, we will investigate this and come back with an answer as soon as possible.
Glad to see TW is aware in some capacity. I've had my 3rd copyright claim as of tonight. I hope we can get some kind of assurance we don't have to deal with a similar situation in the future with Bannerlord's OST as well!

Back
Top Bottom