Skein, Column and Scatter Formations are useless

Users who are viewing this thread

I dont remember which patch was that changed it
the change was comming with the new movement system in 1.9.0 i suspect the 360 degree input

" Combat

• Overhauled the AI movement system through a range of physics adjustments, better situational understanding, and manners (waiting on the allies ahead) and by implementing a partial, 360-degree input for the AI. This notably improves issues with troop congestion (jittering), helps the AI deal with difficult terrain and avoid siege engines. "

i have seen an ai circle formation all turned their back on my front. as no shields got involved, my archers could easily mow them down. note that i wasnt having any sort of distraction behind their line or intended anything else to cause ai troops turning their back on me.

I believe that it refers to the new behavior of the square formation, I dont remember which patch was that changed it, but before troops would stand in a square formation, all of them holding shields in their respective side (front, back and sides), and it was almost impenetrable by any ranged unit. The units were also tightly packed, which made cavalry charges against your troops a suicide mission .Now the square formation turn their shield to their "direction" instead of covering all four sides, and the units in there end up as porcupines, arrows all around except their front. Also sometimes they will create a hole in the middle for no reason and become even more squishy against cavalry charges, which was the only effective use left for the formation. These 2 changes have made it quite useless. This has been the case for quite a while and I havent actually checked to see if you guys fixed it or not, but havent read anything in the patches mentioning it.
Yes, and it's not fixed yet. Same for circle formation.
We're aware of these issues and you'll likely see improvements to them with the next major update.

"the next major update" needs to be really big...
The community has been clamoring for certain aspects that have needed improvement for so long!
Battles remain a mess, with no effective formations, no efficient armor and ridiculously stupid AI.

If even the battles don't save the game, I won't even go into the lack of depth and freedom in the campaign...

I guess any answer is better than silence, but that is dam close. Any more information on what the devs are planning or working on currently would be appreciated.

I guess any answer is better than silence, but that is dam close. Any more information on what the devs are planning or working on currently would be appreciated.
Even though it has been created a while back, the Release Plans post still provides a valid insight into that. And of course, once we're ready to share more we'll make sure to do that.

It does, thanks for linking it here. But it still leaves out most of the issues players have with the game, like the abillity of the AI to work together cohesivelly both in battles and the campaing map, just to name one. And why such secrecy about the next patches?

why such secrecy about the next patches?
community managers said in several forums, blogs, etc. that there is going to be an hotfix patch soon and a content patch. if you mean the "secrecy" about the (not yet announced) content of the patches, then
maybe because development is a complex thing to do and not everything which is planned is safe to make it to the game the way it has been planned. that would just cause additional confusion and complaints. i guess there could be many other reasons and these are just my 5 cents on it.

No, i mean by not giving any information on when the glaring issues this game has will be effectively fixed. It's always "on the next big patch" but we never get a date or how close to done they are.

No, i mean by not giving any information on when the glaring issues this game has will be effectively fixed. It's always "on the next big patch" but we never get a date or how close to done they are.
It's talewords way of doing things, every single soul of this forum complains about it, but there is nothing we can do, just don't keep asking for more info, they will not give...

Back
Top Bottom