What is the next big update we will get?

Users who are viewing this thread

As I said a year ago, that's what the game is, nothing else will be added except in a future paid addon, and even then it will be accessory content that won't bring changes of substance or depth in the strategic component. It will never be a CK because let's not forget that this game is already on consoles.

At this point I'd rather prefer them leaving the game completely to modders, if theyre not going to implement most wanted features like proper Diplomacy, proper dynasty/clan system, AI that makes sense, wars with purpose and planning (I know they wont add any of those) I'd rather wait for modders to add them.
Half the reason I agree with them leaving it to modders is I vehemently disagree with many of the posts of how they think diplomacy should work. Too many want it to just be a "make the game easier for me and no longer feel like I'm in a low tech environment" when you really read through it. I'd rather mod things into the game then have to mod "cell phone pigeons" out.

Half the reason I agree with them leaving it to modders is I vehemently disagree with many of the posts of how they think diplomacy should work. Too many want it to just be a "make the game easier for me and no longer feel like I'm in a low tech environment" when you really read through it. I'd rather mod things into the game then have to mod "cell phone pigeons" out.
Is that your complaint really? A messenger system could be realistically implemented, and would be better than magical clan member phonecalls , youre completely missing the point.

Is that your complaint really? A messenger system could be realistically implemented, and would be better than magical clan member phonecalls , youre completely missing the point.
It could be realistically implemented. But 90% of the posts are overly gamey, immersion breaking asks.

I'm not missing any points what so ever. You are ignoring way to much of what is being discussed. More players are asking for more magical phone calls, not less. So if that's the want, I'd rather look for a mod that puts non-magical and technological communications in game and those that want more point and click magic menus get them with some other mod.

It could be realistically implemented. But 90% of the posts are overly gamey, immersion breaking asks.

I'm not missing any points what so ever. You are ignoring way to much of what is being discussed. More players are asking for more magical phone calls, not less. So if that's the want, I'd rather look for a mod that puts non-magical and technological communications in game and those that want more point and click magic menus get them with some other mod.
The Diplomacy mod has a messenger system that costs 100 gold to use, and takes up to three in-game days to work. I don't consider it a magical pigeon, or cell phone.

So it's ok for us to be able to cast a vote or war/peace or a kingdom policy in the middle of nowhere but we can't send a messenger to track down merc companies? It seems to me what the major of people are asking for is to take away some of the tedium of this game because there is plenty of it as is. But ask yourself this how realistic is it for a king to chase down a mercenary company in the middle of a war? But if you're so insistent that the game be hardcore then why doesn't the ai have to play by the same rules? Your argument is one of the worst I've seen for "muh realism". :roll:

Look, the immersion-breaking/realism angle on the 'magical phone calls' argument is immediately thrown out the window by multiple examples within the game already (skype policy war/voting, encyclopedia bs, instant map siege knowledge, etc...) ; that can't be the reason for lacking content or features in the game where sometimes QoL aspects override the need for simulating realism.
If there was a game intended to tie as closely to realism, this isn't that game. Almost none of any of its features comes close at all.

Diplomacy mod adds in, but credit to them where they at least tried to add some element of realism to it where TW can't even figure out (ie cost/time for messenger; and afaik chance to fail?). Instead TW also harps that same 'immersion-breaking' as the bs excuse why it's not in the base game.

Look, the immersion-breaking/realism angle on the 'magical phone calls' argument is immediately thrown out the window by multiple examples within the game already (skype policy war/voting, encyclopedia bs, instant map siege knowledge, etc...) ; that can't be the reason for lacking content or features in the game where sometimes QoL aspects override the need for simulating realism.
If there was a game intended to tie as closely to realism, this isn't that game. Almost none of any of its features comes close at all.

Diplomacy mod adds in, but credit to them where they at least tried to add some element of realism to it where TW can't even figure out (ie cost/time for messenger; and afaik chance to fail?). Instead TW also harps that same 'immersion-breaking' as the bs excuse why it's not in the base game.
I didn't say it was the reason for the lack of content. What the hell are you even talking about?

If the "fix" is further done the rabbit hole of "click and it happens" then I don't consider it a fix. So I agree with just letting modders do it so we all get our choice of a fix. My point has been that too many people advocate for BAD diplomatic systems that would then require you to do MORE modding to get those systems out and put in something better.

Remind me never to agree with you guys ever again

I didn't say it was the reason for the lack of content. What the hell are you even talking about?

If the "fix" is further done the rabbit hole of "click and it happens" then I don't consider it a fix. So I agree with just letting modders do it so we all get our choice of a fix. My point has been that too many people advocate for BAD diplomatic systems that would then require you to do MORE modding to get those systems out and put in something better.
Let's face it, they won't be adding content at this stage of the game; they are clearly done with the game and moving on already. Whether you think the 'messenger' system would make the gameplay easier or likewise with other diplomacy mods and how they are handled, sure, that's subjective.
It's that stupid 'excuse/reasoning' also TW harped on why this particularly popular request isn't implemented - that it's 'immersion-breaking' - that's a cop-out excuse.

I think its weird to home in on requests for a messenger system as an example of a cheaty shortcut. Most every request I've seen for a messenger system takes immersion into account with a money cost and time for the message to arrive. In general, most of the suggestions I see are for more immersive interactions, rather than less. The only times I see shortcut-type suggestions taken seriously is when there are other factors that make the more immersive option too tedious, like the quickchat option for speaking to notables because loading the whole town scene just to grab a quest took way too long.

For messengers, it should be very easy to add an immersive system since the game already calculates how long it takes to get from point A to point B when you call parties to your army. Just use that system for messengers. Or just send an actual messenger party out and make it travel the whole way while avoiding enemies. Anything would be more immersive than having to travel in-person with your entire army halfway across the world just to talk to somebody.

And no one said it had to be "cheaty". But again, many WANT it to be. Just like people want unlimited companions, governors, parties and workshops, completely eliminating span of control progression, and giving themselves a massive unmitigated advantage over every NPC clan, ignoring all the ways they already have those advantage. At a minimum, 50% of the asks from posters are really just pushing a power fantasy with game systems that that further favor the player, which is not the game I'm looking for, so of course I wouldn't want more of that hardcoded into the game.

I envision plenty of great messenger systems. Having full conversations without a delay on the back and forth isn't one of them. Of course I'd want warnings to war, with an option to hand over a border fort or adjust whatever the tribute amount is in their favor. There's plenty of good ideas. But I also see the game in a decent "neutral" spot for players to adjust things to their liking in the very least. Just some of your reactions acting like everyone has to want the "exact" change you want is actually more proof to leave certain things alone.

And no one said it had to be "cheaty". But again, many WANT it to be. Just like people want unlimited companions, governors, parties and workshops, completely eliminating span of control progression, and giving themselves a massive unmitigated advantage over every NPC clan, ignoring all the ways they already have those advantage. At a minimum, 50% of the asks from posters are really just pushing a power fantasy with game systems that that further favor the player, which is not the game I'm looking for, so of course I wouldn't want more of that hardcoded into the game.
I envision plenty of great messenger systems. Having full conversations without a delay on the back and forth isn't one of them. Of course I'd want warnings to war, with an option to hand over a border fort or adjust whatever the tribute amount is in their favor. There's plenty of good ideas. But I also see the game in a decent "neutral" spot for players to adjust things to their liking in the very least. Just some of your reactions acting like everyone has to want the "exact" change you want is actually more proof to leave certain things alone.
Some mods can make the game way too easy or itch that power fantasy, make the player more OP, etc....use at your own risk.

But I just can't see the 'messenger' system being a part of those examples or the reasoning as to why it shouldn't be in the base game, nor do I see that one in particular being 'cheaty'. They already have it in the game in a sense with how policy/voting works; plus the practically exact same 'cheaty' feature they already added in for recalling companions to your party. Don't add on the excuse of 'full conversations' too about the 'unrealism'; we know there's practically no content in terms of dialogue with lords anyways even with a messenger system which doesn't affect much.

Sure it can be subjective if you don't want the messenger system in the game, I'd assume you would also have to advocate removing insta voting/policies, 'messengering' recalling companions, remote workshop changing, insta ransom notices, insta marriage offers, insta quest completion/awards (certain), etc...those follow that same 'messenger' aspect that make the game 'cheaty'.

I see those all as QoL aspects. Yes, not all players and their own requests/ideas should be implemented in game, but that is a bs excuse to use for not adding things that should be in a game more than it shouldn't be. Catering to the minority, that's how you get the barest min. viable product (which BL is) because it's the lazy thought of 'Oh, 5% of the playerbase doesn't prefer X feature despite the other 95% playerbase wanting it; best not to add it in then!'.

Some mods can make the game way too easy or itch that power fantasy, make the player more OP, etc....use at your own risk.

But I just can't see the 'messenger' system being a part of those examples or the reasoning as to why it shouldn't be in the base game, nor do I see that one in particular being 'cheaty'. They already have it in the game in a sense with how policy/voting works; plus the practically exact same 'cheaty' feature they already added in for recalling companions to your party. Don't add on the excuse of 'full conversations' too about the 'unrealism'; we know there's practically no content in terms of dialogue with lords anyways even with a messenger system which doesn't affect much.

Sure it can be subjective if you don't want the messenger system in the game, I'd assume you would also have to advocate removing insta voting/policies, 'messengering' recalling companions, remote workshop changing, insta ransom notices, insta marriage offers, insta quest completion/awards (certain), etc...those follow that same 'messenger' aspect that make the game 'cheaty'.

I see those all as QoL aspects. Yes, not all players and their own requests/ideas should be implemented in game, but that is a bs excuse to use for not adding things that should be in a game more than it shouldn't be. Catering to the minority, that's how you get the barest min. viable product (which BL is) because it's the lazy thought of 'Oh, 5% of the playerbase doesn't prefer X feature despite the other 95% playerbase wanting it; best not to add it in then!'.
And this is what makes me unresponsive to any of your posts.

You don't, in any way, adjust what you claim to want, and just say reservations are "added on". Not at all. They are the crux. You have no damn idea what 95% of the players want. You refuse to accept criticism. And that's why I agree: leave it to the modders because the those kicking and screaming can't stop and can't be reasoned with

This community is so ungrateful. Just a few monts ago you had banners added to the game which drastically changes the game by buffing unit stats. What ellse do you want? More diplomacy options or something? Go play EU4 then LMAO, this is a private company.

This community is so ungrateful. Just a few monts ago you had banners added to the game which drastically changes the game by buffing unit stats. What ellse do you want? More diplomacy options or something? Go play EU4 then LMAO, this is a private company.
+1

what are people even complaining about? After 2 years we have a game that only sometimes crashes when you open it without mods, what else do you want? A strategy rpg? What are you, 8yo? This is a serious business, a serious company with serious marketing and profit goals, they're not tech wizards trying to brew a software you can have fun in, it's a product, just like a dildo, it was developed, it was made, it is available for purchase, it is over! Now pay more for a pdf with 5 pages of cool drawings and write a positive review. Thats your duty as a consoomer.

Back
Top Bottom