What is the next big update we will get?

Users who are viewing this thread

Cullam

NotBlunted (lol jk)
Banned
TaleWorlds is very quiet but what do you think is next big update?

Will we get diplomancy? Will we get a deeper RPG expierence? Or will we get some minor bugfixes? Is it a huge DLC for this final release?

They've already said diplomacy isn't even planned. Plus the mention of the word 'RPG' is like cryptonite for TaleWords. It implies depth and TW don't do depth, they prefer minimal.

They've already said diplomacy isn't even planned. Plus the mention of the word 'RPG' is like cryptonite for TaleWords. It implies depth and TW don't do depth, they prefer minimal.
But yesterday I enjoyed a Bannerlord stream on YouTube. But I like to pretend to have fun in a game I´ve played for some hundred hours.

Why should diplomancy not be planned??

all im waiting for is for taleworld to fix the dam unfinished map and the bridges that have ugly textures underneath them and..fixing the dam floating palm trees near qusir and the flickering trees in front of sanala...but i lost hope they ever listen and do this..
oh yea almost for got the portion of the river that lead to a lake and is missing infront falq something (that most northern eastern city of the aserai)dont get me started with the editor...the dam editor...
but i know...it will never happen...

TaleWorlds is very quiet but what do you think is next big update?

Will we get diplomancy? Will we get a deeper RPG expierence? Or will we get some minor bugfixes? Is it a huge DLC for this final release?
as they announced the next major updates will content the criminal update (criminals as a kind of workshop/information giver) and the fog of war (no more straight location over encyclopedia)

"To begin with, we return to a classic - early in development we explored a prototype of the player not just clearing but taking over common areas from criminals. This will be coming to the game. It will work similarly to other enterprises (like workshops and caravans) that provide players with a passive income but will also have its own twist. As they are not exactly legal ventures, you will need to deal with our crime system. Yet it’s not all bad - operating from the shadows will allow you to keep going in hostile environments and, coupled with further encyclopedia “fog of war” updates, allow you to retain access to information you would otherwise not have." Link

in addition, a replay editor is planned to be released :smile:

as they announced the next major updates will content the criminal update (criminals as a kind of workshop/information giver) and the fog of war (no more straight location over encyclopedia)

"To begin with, we return to a classic - early in development we explored a prototype of the player not just clearing but taking over common areas from criminals. This will be coming to the game. It will work similarly to other enterprises (like workshops and caravans) that provide players with a passive income but will also have its own twist. As they are not exactly legal ventures, you will need to deal with our crime system. Yet it’s not all bad - operating from the shadows will allow you to keep going in hostile environments and, coupled with further encyclopedia “fog of war” updates, allow you to retain access to information you would otherwise not have." Link

nah, its gonna be pommels

At this point I'd rather prefer them leaving the game completely to modders, if theyre not going to implement most wanted features like proper Diplomacy, proper dynasty/clan system, AI that makes sense, wars with purpose and planning (I know they wont add any of those) I'd rather wait for modders to add them.

That should take about a year, coupled with other minor additions such as sally out missions, new scenes, etc. Afterwards, they will restrict themselves to only fixing bugs for the next few years and then we will get a DLC made by modders (like NW and VC) because that way, they'll still make money without allocating manpower away from the sci-fi game development and it will probably be decent given the high quality of some of the upcoming mods. This may be followed by other such DLCs and I suspect that Bannerlord will grow greatly in popularity thanks to the said mods and possible DLCs.

As much disappointed as I have been since the beginning of EA, Bannerlord may end up surpassing Warband and its mods (MP in particular) in both quality and popularity in the long run despite TW.

Its criminal stuff, and mayhaps the "could I know the location of Lady x?". Which is good, ngl.

Still, we do want so much more. Also, doplomacy is out of the question until july next year, dont even dream yourselves. They wont do it

That should take about a year, coupled with other minor additions such as sally out missions, new scenes, etc. Afterwards, they will restrict themselves to only fixing bugs for the next few years and then we will get a DLC made by modders (like NW and VC) because that way, they'll still make money without allocating manpower away from the sci-fi game development and it will probably be decent given the high quality of some of the upcoming mods. This may be followed by other such DLCs and I suspect that Bannerlord will grow greatly in popularity thanks to the said mods and possible DLCs.
i dont know how long it takes. question was what are going to be the next MAJOR updates going to be about.
but i think you are right, outside the mentioned content, there probably arent that many changes anymore beside bugfixes and some balancing maybe...

i had a conversation with a modder recently saying that taleworlds is actually planning a dlc with ships within, maybe similar to viking conquest. nevertheless though i would take it as a rumour as long as the offical statement is "no current plans on DLCs" :wink:

i had a conversation with a modder recently saying that taleworlds is actually planning a dlc with ships within, maybe similar to viking conquest. nevertheless though i would take it as a rumour as long as the offical statement is "no current plans on DLCs" :wink:
I´ve talked to my sisters friend, he claimed that diplomancy will be added. But I would take it as a rumour until it is official confirmed by some TW staff.

Source: Trust me bro!

Even if they do manage to add criminal enterprises, that by itself is still a pretty minor addition. To be worthwhile, it really needs to be part of a comprehensive overhaul of how settlements work and especially how they are managed. Fiefs need to be livelier in general, with a reason to explore them.

Fief management is way too passive and indirect. You assign a governor, build the buildings and then flip a coin as to whether it will starve or rebel first. We need much more control. Every building should have its passive effect and an active effect that lets you do something. Build a granary and you should be able to put stuff in it. Build a Training Field and you should be able to train your troops. Build a Fairground and you should be able to put on a fair. These things can be as simple or fleshed out as they want to make them, but they really need to make it more engaging than it is.

I´ve talked to my sisters friend, he claimed that diplomancy will be added. But I would take it as a rumour until it is official confirmed by some TW staff.

Source: Trust me bro!
of course it is totally up to you if you take me as a reliable source or not =)

Fief management is way too passive and indirect. You assign a governor, build the buildings and then flip a coin as to whether it will starve or rebel first. We need much more control. Every building should have its passive effect and an active effect that lets you do something. Build a granary and you should be able to put stuff in it. Build a Training Field and you should be able to train your troops. Build a Fairground and you should be able to put on a fair.

I dont even assign a governor in most of the cases. his impact is way too low, especially if the leader is going with debasement of currency, which is adding additional -1 on the culture debuff.
adding more management would add more potential room for problems such as food stocks/money,etc. the game is already having problems with getting sh** done with that simple setup. to me it's fine and the problem of rebellion/lack of management you are referring to is more because of the impact of policies (missing of tribunes of people; forgiveness of debts if not king/debasement of currency) in comparison with the cultural debuff is just making every gain senseless. indeed i think the culture debuff is making things too direct and is barely giving the vassal player the option to actually change and work on projects and as long as policy agreements are either 0% or 100% you have no chance to go against unfortunate - yet breaking - things.

so long story short i partly agree with you, as i feel the same way you said it
These things can be as simple or fleshed out as they want to make them, but they really need to make it more engaging than it is.

Last edited:
Bug fixes. Allegedly criminal enterprise v1.0 is next in the pipe & the "fog of war" which is an excuse for more dialogue for "Hey, where is Archon So-and-so at?" Kind makes sense it's taking so long since that's new systems, spaghetti code regression, and new voice acting.

I hope we get siege reticles though @MRay don't leave me hanging man

Back
Top Bottom