SP - UI Let us zoom out so you can see whole map

Users who are viewing this thread

Blood Gryphon

Grandmaster Knight
Hey @MRay is it possible to let us zoom out just a little bit more so we can see the whole map. The zoom out is just slightly to small to encompass everything. I'm sure this is super low priority but i figure it cant be too hard to adjust. There is typically nothing happening down in aserai land but a recent snowball test had some action and i wanted to get it all in one pic.

Rc_j_.jpg

IIRC the border_max entity in Main_map has a z height of 620, restricting camera height. You could use Notepad++ to search its scene.xscene file and increase the height. For my custom worldmap (4x the area of Calradia) I increased it to 2075 - beyond that I could see the edges of TW's circular water system, which makes the seas. The z height for Calradia may need to be lower because the circular water system moves with the camera (centred on it).
PS changes to a Sandbox xml file will be overwritten on updates/patches or local files verification.

Last edited:
I've implemented the
Code:
campaign.set_custom_maximum_map_height [MaxHeight]
command internally. Thank you again for the suggestion.
Thank you for taking the time to implement it.

Im curious, would there be a way to implement a command that track all castles? If I want to see all the castles at the max height i have to go around and click every single castle, would be nice to pop in a command. Even if it tracked all fiefs instead of just castles that would be fine.

CGE4B.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to implement it.

Im curious, would there be a way to implement a command that track all castles? If I want to see all the castles at the max height i have to go around and click every single castle, would be nice to pop in a command. Even if it tracked all fiefs instead of just castles that would be fine.

CGE4B.jpg
We probably won't implement something like this, even with a command. Since you can filter castles in encyclopedia, track them one by one and with the "next page" button it would be much easier compared to before.

In other words, you can achieve this with the current mechanics in the game but you couldn't achieve the maximum camera distance without a mod.

We probably won't implement something like this, even with a command. Since you can filter castles in encyclopedia, track them one by one and with the "next page" button it would be much easier compared to before.

In other words, you can achieve this with the current mechanics in the game but you couldn't achieve the maximum camera distance without a mod.
Gotcha, i'll just get me a little duckling then. :iamamoron:

giphy.gif

Thanks again

Yo @MRay had a thought, could you make a command to make all armies from all factions visible and by visible i mean show their flag on the map as if you were in the faction. It would be really helpful with observing AI army behavior and also be pretty cool to watch the conflict in the world going on.

Back
Top Bottom