Should shield bash be in the game?

Should shield bash be removed?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Fighting multiple opponents was very possible before the introduction of reduced combat speed and turn cap, now that you can't move fast enough to kite effectively, and if you move between the two you risk not being able to turn fast enough to react due to the turn cap its nearly impossible to fight more than one at a time
It's not impossible, don't be that hyperbolic, but it is hard yes, that's the whole point of a 2v1 imo

Which wasn't always the case before the slow movement speed patch. i could outplay two or three people at once, now they just surround you with their shields up while you try to move away
You can still outplay in a 2v1 even though it is made more difficult by the slow movement speed

You can still outplay in a 2v1 even though it is made more difficult by the slow movement speed
You really can't if you don't have a shield.
The moment your attack gets blocked one of the 2 can go for a shieldbash and you're pretty much done for.

The main problem I have with it, is that it makes 2v1's near impossible due to the stun given by shieldbash. And the fact only the '2' can utilize this move making it incredibly unbalanced.
This 2v1 clutch would literally be impossible because he would just be shieldbashed.

edit; 2v1's are already hard enough as is, but with shieldbash made near impossible.

Last edited:
In current state of the game 1vs2 is impossible to win when we are taking perfect situation as 3 players of same skill level, with or without shield bash. Shield bash itself makes it more consistent when used properly, to the point that 2 completely dog **** players will win 100% 2 vs 1 against best player if they learned how to coordinate shield bash + hit. I support @Namakan on not removing features, but current shield bash needs to go one way or another. What I had in mind is that shield bash doesn't stun you in meaning of hit-stun, but instead an attack stun. So person that got shield bashed cannot attack for a while allowing the shield bashing person to take the turn, but the bashed guy can still block.

Shield bashing's the main reason why one-handed weapon users can play against 2h users, since a two-handed weapon will always swing faster than a one-handed weapon with a similar speed rating. I don't think we need one-handed weapons to be worse than they currently are.

So person that got shield bashed cannot attack for a while allowing the shield bashing person to take the turn, but the bashed guy can still block.
Then it will no longer be a shield bash, shield "bashing" is breaking a block.
You really can't if you don't have a shield.
The moment your attack gets blocked one of the 2 can go for a shieldbash and you're pretty much done for.

The main problem I have with it, is that it makes 2v1's near impossible due to the stun given by shieldbash. And the fact only the '2' can utilize this move making it incredibly unbalanced.
This 2v1 clutch would literally be impossible because he would just be shieldbashed.

edit; 2v1's are already hard enough as is, but with shieldbash made near impossible.

I understand the whole thing, but still, he clutches because the 2 are making mistakes : too much holding. Winning a 2v1 in warband or in bannerlord is the same, just exploit your ennemies mistakes. Now yes, shield bash makes it harder, much harder, yet, it doesn't mean that the '2' won't misplay..

Then it will no longer be a shield bash, shield "bashing" is breaking a block.

I understand the whole thing, but still, he clutches because the 2 are making mistakes : too much holding. Winning a 2v1 in warband or in bannerlord is the same, just exploit your ennemies mistakes. Now yes, shield bash makes it harder, much harder, yet, it doesn't mean that the '2' won't misplay..
Winning a 2v1 in Bannerlord is the same as winning a 2v1 in Warband, just dont lose and you win lol

Winning a 2v1 in Bannerlord is the same as winning a 2v1 in Warband, just dont lose and you win lol
It's not the same because it requires the two to make a mistake and play like dog**** for 1 to win, and 1 has to win by kiting, blocking and countering only instead of going on the offense and stunting on the noobs.

Every change to mp is about stopping noobs from getting stunted on so they don't write a post about how the game is toxic and ragequit.

well i cant edit it so go cry, and tbh i just wanted to see opinions and solutions to the shield bash, the poll was just a easy way to see and it seems split
You say that it seems split, but it might not be split if the poll wasn't reversed. Why not just make a new, corrected poll? It would be interesting to compare the results of the two anyway.

You say that it seems split, but it might not be split if the poll wasn't reversed. Why not just make a new, corrected poll? It would be interesting to compare the results of the two anyway.
Like he said it was mostly about the opinions and solutions, those seem split. My fat squirrel made the poll irrelevant.

But on topic, I'm split about it. It is basically only a noob tactic to overcome a skill gap and annoying, haven't really seen it add anything to the fights yet. It only takes away from it.

Shieldbash is one of those mechanics that either is garbage or broken. Right now it's the latter. It is too fast and can be spammed immediately after being hit, meaning any aggressor can't put on significant pressure as they need to be ready not only for a fast counter attack (already too strong due to the attack reset being too long), but an even faster shield bash. Not to mention how it makes you essentially defenceless in a 1v2. This was discussed and pointed out years ago.

I would simply slow down shieldbash so that someone attacking and being aggressive can punish a shieldbash. This would make shieldbash next to useless and reserved for roleplayers; I'm fine with that.

BTW reason 1v2 is unwinnable is also because of attack reset being too slow, you can't attack one person (who blocks) then quickly switch to the other person, because your attack is now stuck in a long reset. The friendly player capsules don't help also, the duo in a 2v1 can just almost phase through each other in order to repeatedly attack with little concern for positioning.

Back
Top Bottom