Curving Projectiles? - please tell me its not a feature

Users who are viewing this thread

DAFAQ? :lol:

yoda-dab.gif

Basically due to tiny lag on your client you throw in different direction than on the server (in different moment in time) and then when client gets back the actuall direction of the projectile to sync things up instead of teleporting the projectile to the correct trajectory it curves the path instead. Xd maybe.

Basically due to tiny lag on your client you throw in different direction than on the server (in different moment in time) and then when client gets back the actuall direction of the projectile to sync things up instead of teleporting the projectile to the correct trajectory it curves the path instead. Xd maybe.
I had this issue with stable connection.

Are the server and client in sync when it comes to projectiles?

As in, whatever you threw on your side of the game is exactly the same as what the server registers.

Fair to say as said above its lag lol

You can clearly see a high ping icon in the video lol
Even if you had the highest amount of ping (I know, because I'm forced to play in NA due to no servers) the bullet would come straight. This is not a lag issue, you can try it yourself if you dont believe me.

I think this is a feature. It's been in the game since the launch. It usually happens to me with javs. I don't know how to reproduce it though, probably has something to do with moving your mouse just before you release it.

I think this is a feature. It's been in the game since the launch. It usually happens to me with javs. I don't know how to reproduce it though, probably has something to do with moving your mouse just before you release it.
not saying you're lying, but since warband I really like to make kills with javelins, especially throwing lances, and not once I have seen that effect.

there is one curve in the game and is from the simulated gravity, parabolic shot, perhaps severe lag messed that up and went to the sides instead and not up and down.

not saying you're lying, but since warband I really like to make kills with javelins, especially throwing lances, and not once I have seen that effect.

there is one curve in the game and is from the simulated gravity, parabolic shot, perhaps severe lag messed that up and went to the sides instead and not up and down.
It's a feature dude. If you played the game long enough, I'm sure you pulled it off at least once. Just turn your weapon trail visibility on to see arrows/javs better. I hopped on to try to reproduce this and I reproduced it 3 times in about 30 tries. I had stable 10 ping, no unstable connection icon like the OP.

That looks very wack ngl. The only explanation I could think of is that the thrower released the pila at maximum inaccuracy, and it flies off to the right, which I dont even know is possible. On top of that the warping is only client side and for a 3rd person perspective it would look like it went in a straight line.

Back
Top Bottom