Critical Fail - Every time...

Users who are viewing this thread

I see they've done a good job at fixing the interaction system in the past six months.
Either I'm insanely (un)lucky, that I can roll a 14% chance rate every single time, or it's still as broken as it was when it first came out in Early Access.

Is there any ETA on when they fix the interaction system? It seems almost pointless to do any interacting at all considering how broken it is.

Hmmmm *in Geralts voice*

I laughed quite a bit
up criti
To OP, at the beggining of the game i always used to choose the options that will give me the critical success and always ended with a critical fail. Either bad luck or i got many successes after getting the perk that increases the chance for succes

To OP, at the beggining of the game i always used to choose the options that will give me the critical success and always ended with a critical fail. Either bad luck or i got many successes after getting the perk that increases the chance for succes

Nah, it's not that. It's the interaction system that's broken. In around 100 dice rolls, I got around 90% of them being critical fail.
The critical fail chance was 14%. That shouldn't have happened - at all.
Like I said, I'm either extremely unlucky to land on a 14% roll, every single time, or the interaction system is broken. My single point to be successful (not critical success) was 56%,which would leave my ineffective failure at 30%. I got 1 ineffective failure, around 9 scattered successes, and all the rest were critical fails.

I know the game is still EA, but honestly, I expected more to be fixed by now. It's still in the same state as it was when launched pretty much. Item bugs, campaign unplayable, interaction system broken, perks broken - if anything, the game has simply become harder due to the issues.

Nah, it's not that. It's the interaction system that's broken. In around 100 dice rolls, I got around 90% of them being critical fail.
The critical fail chance was 14%. That shouldn't have happened - at all.
Like I said, I'm either extremely unlucky to land on a 14% roll, every single time, or the interaction system is broken. My single point to be successful (not critical success) was 56%,which would leave my ineffective failure at 30%. I got 1 ineffective failure, around 9 scattered successes, and all the rest were critical fails.

I know the game is still EA, but honestly, I expected more to be fixed by now. It's still in the same state as it was when launched pretty much. Item bugs, campaign unplayable, interaction system broken, perks broken - if anything, the game has simply become harder due to the issues.
I uh... never happened to me actually. Can't relate and don't know why it is happening. Are you on the beta branch? If yes, then it may be a new bug that hasn't happened to others and you're the first to experience it(extremely doubt that). If not then I guess you must be really unlucky

I am playing on 1.7.1 currently. I am trying to persuade someone to marry me. I pass the first dialogue without problem but second one is always critical fail no matter what I choose and how much I reload.

I am playing on 1.7.1 currently. I am trying to persuade someone to marry me. I pass the first dialogue without problem but second one is always critical fail no matter what I choose and how much I reload.
Nevermind, I requested the girl from her father this time. He gave her free of charge ? ? ?

It's because it's a sham , the chances are rolled before you start the encounter! The displayed %chance is based on something else and is not the REAL % chance. There may be some additional chance that happens when you actually choose the option (not sure) but the main pass/fail is already decided and can get you stuck always failing even though you have a high % chance on the option. For instance when re-loading to brute force a marriage you may often find 2 question always pass and the third always fails no matter what you choose. To get out of this, re-load the game and move on the map a little, save the game and encounter the NPC again, now the chance (it still looks the same %) is different, you may fail choices that always passed before and pass ones you couldn't, keep trying and you can get though it though. I don't think I've ever not been able to get through a marriage dialogue by doing this, although some where incredible annoying and took way to many re-load, MOVE, SAVE RE-TRY cycles.

I hate this system btw and think it should be deleted. Give a quest or something instead.

If you load another game save a little earlier in game time, there should be another different set of chances rolled. That's why when i know i am about to do a social encounter charm check i make a save a little bit before meeting target person instead of right at that person location. That way reloading from that point actually rerolls possible check results.

It's because it's a sham , the chances are rolled before you start the encounter! The displayed %chance is based on something else and is not the REAL % chance. There may be some additional chance that happens when you actually choose the option (not sure) but the main pass/fail is already decided and can get you stuck always failing even though you have a high % chance on the option. For instance when re-loading to brute force a marriage you may often find 2 question always pass and the third always fails no matter what you choose. To get out of this, re-load the game and move on the map a little, save the game and encounter the NPC again, now the chance (it still looks the same %) is different, you may fail choices that always passed before and pass ones you couldn't, keep trying and you can get though it though. I don't think I've ever not been able to get through a marriage dialogue by doing this, although some where incredible annoying and took way to many re-load, MOVE, SAVE RE-TRY cycles.

I hate this system btw and think it should be deleted. Give a quest or something instead.
+1
But this should be apply to pregnancy checks as well, I hate it that I have to wait more than 5 days to get a wife of my clan pregnant, why they can not, add a button "Wait in town to make childs" and after 2 days, all wifes of your clan, who are in your party and with their husband, gets pregnant.

Back
Top Bottom