Bannerlord was a grift

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
also thanks for pointing out the stagnation in game prices, I remember paying $60 in 2000… with inflation would be roughly $95 today.

AAA Games could cost $30 and they would still make money. The number of people actively buying and playing video games nowadays is like tenfold what it was in the year 2000, and games make more money than Film and TV combined. So long as more and more people are playing games, the price isn't "stagnant" because every sale is always pure profit.

That's quite funny to be fair.

My point is; compare like for like. Vanilla Warband to Vanilla Bannerlord.
There are 10 years between them and of course I expected improvements like this. They´re not the holy grail for me. It would have been pathetic if they haven´t added this feature that mods for Warband already added X years ago.

If I compare "generic game 1" with "generic game 2" from the same company I´ll always expect improvements. And I won´t hype stuff that was already done by modders for "generic game 1" years ago. The feature was liked by like 99% of all players, that´s why 99% of all mods had it. Big brain time.

Unfortunately, neither Warband nor Bannerlord have graduated to animated underwater fish.

Yes, because rivers and the sea are just a decoration. Maybe in Bannerlord 2077? But wait, they haven´t had a real role in vanilla Warband back them, forget it. It´s not needed. But seriously, fish "ai" really isn´t needed. But rivers should have a bigger role than decoration on battle maps.

Last edited:
why did you buy it EA????...
it is not finished!!!!!!
why do people PRE-ORDER, cant you wait , ? have a bit of self control and wait?
THIS IS ENTIRELY THE FANS FAULT
You all pre-ordered , and EA= pre-order,
now they can take 3 more years if they want , cos TW already HAS YOUR MONEY...
this is like taxes....you prepay and the government gives you back WHAT THEY WANT....it is so dumb to pre-order, or to want higher taxes....
It could be worse....
this could be CREATIVE ASSEMBLY...which took 3 years after release to make RTW 2 playable, and meanwhile added $$$$ of cut content "DLC"
Next game you like , wait for the reviews and patches....dont be dumb
Ea and preorders are not the same, why the hell you think this I'm not sure. Ea = buy and play a game in an upolished and unfinished state. Preorder = buy a game sight unseen weeks to months before it has even released.
Both are a risk but at least with an ea you can see what the game is like and if after 2 hours you don't like it you can refund it. Once a preorder releases if you don't like it you're screwed.

Just so you understand people who are complaining are doing so because:
1) The marketing for this game showed features that will never see the light of day and they scrapped because they're "too complex". This is for features such as crime/gang leader that were demoed years ago by TW.
2) TW is possibly the worst company I've ever seen at communicating with fans.
3) TW has stated they want feedback from players but when people make great posts and suggestions to help the game all we get is radio silence ie see #2.
4) There is no road map just a general statement of what they'd like to add without any time frame.
5) Ea has gone 6 months past the planned full release and now it looks like it will be at least 3-6 months before it will release if we're lucky but with the way TW communicates who really knows.
6) Many older fans like myself are appalled at lack of depth in the game which is suppose to be a sandbox.
7) Core features such as broken sieges have been a problem since day 1 and TW still can't fix them.
8 ) Multiplayer is beyond ****ed, and sadly it won't ever come back because TW refuses to listen to their player base.
I'm sure there are other things I've missed but you get the idea. This isn't a bunch of entitled brats coming and saying I want my toy now. It's players who wanted to support TW because we were big Warband fans and so far it's been complete frustration dealing with TW.

1) The marketing for this game showed features that will never see the light of day and they scrapped because they're "too complex". This is for features such as crime/gang leader that were demoed years ago by TW.
2) TW is possibly the worst company I've ever seen at communicating with fans.
3) TW has stated they want feedback from players but when people make great posts and suggestions to help the game all we get is radio silence ie see #2.
4) There is no road map just a general statement of what they'd like to add without any time frame.
5) Ea has gone 6 months past the planned full release and now it looks like it will be at least 3-6 months before it will release if we're lucky but with the way TW communicates who really knows.
6) Many older fans like myself are appalled at lack of depth in the game which is suppose to be a sandbox.
7) Core features such as broken sieges have been a problem since day 1 and TW still can't fix them.
8 ) Multiplayer is beyond ****ed, and sadly it won't ever come back because TW refuses to listen to their player base.
I'm sure there are other things I've missed but you get the idea. This isn't a bunch of entitled brats coming and saying I want my toy now. It's players who wanted to support TW because we were big Warband fans and so far it's been complete frustration dealing with TW.
That´s a good summary, I agree with 7 points, I would maybe agree with all 8 if I would be interested in MP :wink:

The battle not ending after the player is KO is a freaking massive improvement frankly...
Well gee if that's the bar we're setting this game should have been released in 2012. If we count that Viking Conquest is officially a TW-published product, that does not make Bannerlord the first time a TW game "officially" had this.

Well gee if that's the bar we're setting this game should have been released in 2012. If we count that Viking Conquest is officially a TW-published product, that does not make Bannerlord the first time a TW game "officially" had this.
That´s why he said compare vanilla vs vanilla, he knows someone would bring up this too. I love those white knights.

And why is it something to be amazed about if Bannerlord "fixed" something like that when the rest of the game suffers? :lol: It should be more of a disappointment that it took them ten years to make this game and it barely changed, added or fixed the things present in an older, more beloved video game. People are pleased by way too low of effort or quality these days...

And why is it something to be amazed about if Bannerlord "fixed" something like that when the rest of the game suffers? :lol: It should be more of a disappointment that it took them ten years to make this game and it barely changed, added or fixed the things present in an older, more beloved video game. People are pleased by way too low of effort or quality these days...
As I say, it is astounding how many people just say "Its in early access, that's an excuse for it being garbage!" When they realize upon the game's release that its still an inherently trash game, they will move the goalpost to something like "well, you have to wait for the dlc!"

As I say, it is astounding how many people just say "Its in early access, that's an excuse for it being garbage!" When they realize upon the game's release that its still an inherently trash game, they will move the goalpost to something like "well, you have to wait for the dlc!"
Well Roy - why don't you let people have their own opinions and enjoy the product as they see fit. You don't even have the game installed; you don't play it - you have no reason to be here aside from insulting and abusing the people who just want to talk about the game. There is a warband forum you can use to speak about that game as you choose.

At the end of the day this entire thread is just one giant playground for your need to argue with people on the internet. If you actually felt the way you spoke; you would have moved on months ago.

Even Poddicus (for all his trolling) still actively gets involved in the game's community; what possible reason do you have to be here? When was the last time you posted something that wasn't bickering or arguing with someone?

Last edited:
Well Roy - why don't you let people have their own opinions and enjoy the product as they see fit.
This is nonsense. Obviously people can have their own opinions, but I’m going to point out why I think they are wrong. It’s called an argument.
You don't even have the game installed; you don't play it -
You don’t know that. I have the game installed and will play it when mods come out.
you have no reason to be here aside from insulting and abusing the people who just want to talk about the game.
Well that’s not true. I’m here to explain why they are wrong and hopefully move them over to my mindset.
There is a warband forum you can use to speak about that game as you choose.
I’m aware.
At the end of the day this entire thread is just one giant playground for your need to argue with people on the internet.
Well that’s not true. I am more than happy to discuss Bannerlords shortcomings with people, though I’m not going to just hold back if somebody blurts their dumb, uninformed opinion. Just because you get pushed into a corner defending your presupposition doesn’t mean that I’m in any way the “bad guy”.
If you actually felt the way you spoke; you would have moved on months ago.
Well that’s not true. I think the resolve of someone’s complaint shows how much they do care about the subject; to complain once and “move on” shows you really don’t care much about it. Do you think before writing this stuff?
Even Poddicus (for all his trolling) still actively gets involved in the game's community; what possible reason do you have to be here? When was the last time you posted something that wasn't bickering or arguing with someone?
Well, I just led a group of people on the mod Persistent Kingdoms, we all had a fun time I think, so…

Because the game was released in 2010?

If this is your argument, well ok...now I understand why game companies think this is a feature that could be shown in trailers:

That's what happens when you ask devs to talk about what they are working on instead of someone who has a background in communications or media.

That's what happens when you ask devs to talk about what they are working on instead of someone who has a background in communications or media.
To be fair, it's a legit thing to show off, it doesn't matter if it's been done before in some **** kids game.
A media person would have said "reactive environment" or "radiant or some **** AI". :smile:

Well that’s not true. I’m here to explain why they are wrong and hopefully move them over to my mindset.
"I'm here to explain why they're wrong and move them over to my mindset...
Also, if you think BL is better than WB you're an actual idiot."

Man, consider my mind changed. If you're here to actually change minds, you're doing an awful job at that. If you wanted genuine conversation, you wouldn't insult people.

"I'm here to explain why they're wrong and move them over to my mindset...
Also, if you think BL is better than WB you're an actual idiot."

Man, consider my mind changed. If you're here to actually change minds, you're doing an awful job at that. If you wanted genuine conversation, you wouldn't insult people.
Well, its not so much moving you, if you are actually willing to defend Bannerlord in a public space, you are probably too far gone. It would be nice to convince you yourself, but showing how incomprehensible your position is, and how dumb your opinion looks, helps to bring over the readers of the thread. It's a tactic often used in political debates: you aren't really trying to win over the other person, you are trying to show how they are wrong. It's not always about you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom