POLL: DLCs from Taleworlds

Do you plan on buying DLCs for Bannerlord?

• Yes

Votes: 55 29.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 46.3%
  • Only if there are discounts/promotions

Votes: 21 11.2%
  • Other

Votes: 25 13.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm not a fan of DLC in general since games started being developed with the idea that you can leave out features to add them back in later for more money. I like Bannerlord, but it's soulless right now. If things improve by the time it's officially released, I'll likely get them. If not, it really depends on the DLC itself.

Yes I am,I love this game.
As long as they don't stop the Mods from being there because of that.

PDX model of dlc is great to me, they release a complete game (or work it to complete standards overtime) then start to release dlcs that fleshes out certain parts of the game with added detail, features and flavour.

Some people complain about the price or number of dlcs in PDX games but i feel that's just because they got the game long after release with years of accumulated dlcs already, getting 1~2 a year for that cool game you like is completely ok to me and any dlcs i don't particularly like i just skip, it isn't as if i NEED to buy them all to enjoy the game since i've played it vanilla just fine for a long time already.

If Taleworlds eventually works bannerlord to a satisfying "complete state" i'll buy their dlcs no problem, if they keep bannerlord too barebones then it's another story.

I'm not saying they need to revamp the game completely with indepth features everywhere, i have more realistic expectations, just want them to round up the game a bit better, work on balance and deliver a satisfying gamming loop with no huge gaps in features like we have now with basically nothing to do in peace time or barely no dialogues outside quests etc

I'm not going to spend a single buck on this game until they've managed to fix the ****ty base game, and based on the EA experience, I doubt that will ever happen.

PDX model of dlc is great to me, they release a complete game (or work it to complete standards overtime) then start to release dlcs that fleshes out certain parts of the game with added detail, features and flavour.

Some people complain about the price or number of dlcs in PDX games but i feel that's just because they got the game long after release with years of accumulated dlcs already, getting 1~2 a year for that cool game you like is completely ok to me and any dlcs i don't particularly like i just skip, it isn't as if i NEED to buy them all to enjoy the game since i've played it vanilla just fine for a long time already.

If Taleworlds eventually works bannerlord to a satisfying "complete state" i'll buy their dlcs no problem, if they keep bannerlord too barebones then it's another story.

I'm not saying they need to revamp the game completely with indepth features everywhere, i have more realistic expectations, just want them to round up the game a bit better, work on balance and deliver a satisfying gamming loop with no huge gaps in features like we have now with basically nothing to do in peace time or barely no dialogues outside quests etc

Also a fan! It prolonges the life extensively and also retains popularity. PDX's Cities Skylines being the one and only example in which I have some experience really did an okay job with it. Industries, Mass Transit, campus, park life DLC's flesh out existing parts, adding a layer of complexity into an already complete game. Admittedly, their later DLC's became a bunch of "What theme? Yes." but the great thing is, if you dont want it - dont buy it. Its not at all a necessity for the game to still be enjoyable.
Whereas, with the state BL is in right now - anything is necessary to keep it enjoyable.
Warband already had quite a long life - I've played many hours in Vanilla before I even discovered mods. Bannerlord? Not so much.

Yes I would buy the content if it was along these lines ....

The content I would love to see added to Bannerlord after the full release would look something like this!

Mercenary Companies of Calradia

9nrTyzJ.jpg

Overview:
  • Makes minor factions elite mercenaries
  • Makes minor factions troops recruitable in taverns like other mercenaries
  • Expands and rebalances minor faction troop trees to make these troops elite
  • New unique armors and weapons for these factions
  • Unique Mercenary Captain companions added to the world and if made a vassal will fill their army with unique minor faction troops
  • Adds legendary gear to some lords (existing minor faction lords)
  • Adds a few more unique mercenary companies like the Company of the Lion which is a polearm based company (like Swiss pikemen)
  • Adds a new phalanx formation and improves spear and pike use so multiple ranks can fight in formation. (second rank uses overhand attacks)

This content would focus on reforming the minor factions into something really special that spices up unit rosters and adds more unique recruitment options for the player and AI. These Mercenary Companies should be feared and a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield. Adds unique companies like the famous Company of the Lion who is lead by Leothold the Lion who fight with only polearms like pike, bills, and voulges. This unit would be based off the famous Swiss pikemen mercenaries or Landsknecht who eventually changed the face of medieval warfare in the later periods. The Skolderbrotva would be one of the most terrifying melee companies on the battlefield and even make the most seasoned commander think twice before engaging them in battle.

Feast & Feral Beast

gy9SQRE.png

Overview:
  • Adds hunting
  • Improves feast mechanics and court interaction
  • Adds Hunting dog companions
  • New hunting gear and trappings
  • New quest like wolf attacks
The purpose of this content would be to enhance the player experience around the court with new quests and court intrigue and to add new game mechanics like hunting. Hunting would allow the player to be able to harvest meat and hides/furs that can be traded or used to help supply food for the troops. Quests could be related to wolf attacks on village livestock and having to locate and hunt the wolves at a den. Wild animal encounters in the woods like stag, boar, and wolves if your party is small. New gear like hunting horns, clothing, and hunting bows and crossbows. Falcons and hunting dogs could be added as part of your retinue that gives you a bonus to locating wild beast when hunting.

Guilds & Secret Societies

wG4y3NL.jpg

Overview:
  • Adds Guilds
  • Adds Merchant Bank
  • Player Hideout
  • Ship travel and sea trading
  • Ship ownership and naval battles
  • New guild related quest like assassinations
  • New rouge gear
This content would expand on trade and the rouge under world of Calradia. This would allow players to join guilds and get more involved in the black market to owning major trading fleets. It would also add a Merchant Bank to allow the player to store wealth and earn interest on their investment as well as take out loans. Don't stiff them as they have the best assassins and bounty hunters and will catch you slipping when you decide to enter a settlement with a small retinue! Maritime travel and combat will be added to allow the player to sail and fight on the high seas Calradia! Players will also be able to build a hideout that will allow them to store all their loot from all the thievery!

The Raven Banner

nh5Mo5P.jpg

Overview:
  • Adds Nord playable faction
  • Nordland Settlements added to the North part of map
  • Dragon Ships
  • New companions
  • New Northern weapons and armors
  • New Sea King war parties (Scary Sea Raider parties)
  • Ability to join and recruit from the Skolderbrotva (think freelancer mode)
  • Improved Shieldwall formation and improved infantry combat

The Northern winds has shifted from the Nordlands and rumors start to spread that a warlord from the North by the name of Gundig Hairy-Breeks has claimed birthright to the whole of Calradia! This event will set off a large scale invasion of Calradia that few will be prepared for with Nord war parties terrorizing the Northern sea and lands of the North. Improved shieldwall combat to make infantry more viable when organized and tough to crack with just archery or cavalry alone. This could also add Ai companions to faction leader parties like a legendary champion or group of unique bodyguard that enhances the leaders fighting prowess on the battlefield.

Legendary Smiths of Calradia

tcbVhRd.jpg

Overview:
  • Adds Legendary Smiths to the game to commission work
  • New Legendary weapons with quests to obtain them
  • New Legendary armor sets with quests to obtain them
  • Thamaskene weapons rebalanced
  • Armor Smithing added
  • Adds legendary gear to some lords

Ledgendary Smiths of Calradia will add legendary Smiths that can be commissioned to forge some of the finest weapons and armor in the game of various qualities like masterwork or legendary. Quest could be added to track down some of the legendary weapons and gear of the past like weapons similar to Excalibur as an example. Thamaskene weapons should be rebalanced to be more like Ulfberht swords or like Valyrian steel from GOT, basically lighter, faster, and superior handling. Armor Smithing added to the game so that the player can craft their own armor for him and his companions.The idea behind this content is that if you have enough money you can just commission a Smith to build you the best stuff and come back and get it in a couple of weeks.

Link to original thread

Last edited:

The content I would love to see added to Bannerlord after the full release would look something like this!

Feast & Feral Beast

gy9SQRE.png

Overview:
  • Adds hunting
The purpose of this content would be to enhance the player experience around the court with new quests and court intrigue and to add new game mechanics like hunting. Hunting would allow the player to be able to harvest meat and hides/furs that can be traded or used to help supply food for the troops. Quests could be related to wolf attacks on village livestock and having to locate and hunt the wolves at a den. Wild animal encounters in the woods like stag, boar, and wolves if your party is small. New gear like hunting horns, clothing, and hunting bows and crossbows. Falcons and hunting dogs could be added as part of your retinue that gives you a bonus to locating wild beast when hunting.

wG4y3NL.jpg

Overview:
  • Adds Guilds
  • Adds Merchant Bank
  • Player Hideout
  • New rouge gear
This content would expand on trade and the rouge under world of Calradia. This would allow players to join guilds and get more involved in the black market to owning major trading fleets. It would also add a Merchant Bank to allow the player to store wealth and earn interest on their investment as well as take out loans. Don't stiff them as they have the best assassins and bounty hunters and will catch you slipping when you decide to enter a settlement with a small retinue! Maritime travel and combat will be added to allow the player to sail and fight on the high seas Calradia! Players will also be able to build a hideout that will allow them to store all their loot from all the thievery!

The Raven Banner

nh5Mo5P.jpg

Overview:
  • Dragon Ships
  • New companions

The Northern winds has shifted from the Nordlands and rumors start to spread that a warlord from the North by the name of Gundig Hairy-Breeks has claimed birthright to the whole of Calradia! This event will set off a large scale invasion of Calradia that few will be prepared for with Nord war parties terrorizing the Northern sea and lands of the North. Improved shieldwall combat to make infantry more viable when organized and tough to crack with just archery or cavalry alone. This could also add Ai companions to faction leader parties like a legendary champion or group of unique bodyguard that enhances the leaders fighting prowess on the battlefield.

tcbVhRd.jpg

Overview:
  • Armor Smithing added

Ledgendary Smiths of Calradia will add legendary Smiths that can be commissioned to forge some of the finest weapons and armor in the game of various qualities like masterwork or legendary. Quest could be added to track down some of the legendary weapons and gear of the past like weapons similar to Excalibur as an example. Thamaskene weapons should be rebalanced to be more like Ulfberht swords or like Valyrian steel from GOT, basically lighter, faster, and superior handling. Armor Smithing added to the game so that the player can craft their own armor for him and his companions.The idea behind this content is that if you have enough money you can just commission a Smith to build you the best stuff and come back and get it in a couple of weeks.
damnit man stop making me so excited about a fan-post, those sound amazing lol

We can only dream, new content would be an absolute win for TW if they produce something similar to what I suggested. I have created a lot of mods and this is the type of content that inspires immersion and would be popular. This is the soul this game is missing imo!

I know people dream of PDX style DLCs, but that studio is a competent one, TW is not. After 1 year of early access, TW can't even fix the base game and implement the simplest things. I don't believe we will see the final version for another 2 years. And if TW ever release DLCs, they will be probably new equipments and such, because this studio isn't capable of delivering anything more complex.

Don't fool yourselves guys, TW will never deliver anything PDX level. I'm 36 years old, i've been gaming for a long time, and believe me when i say TW is one of the most incompetent studios i've ever seen.

I wish PDX copied M&B concept and made a better version of it. When a studio comes up with a original concept, other studios copy it. Why not just go ahead and copy M&B concept? TW created a good concept but too incompetent to improve it, this concept deserves better studios.

Last edited:
I ran two polls today. I am pleased to see that the majority of people are ready to show their displeasure to that company. I hope you guys stick to your word.

9nrTyzJ.jpg

Overview:
  • Unique Mercenary Captain companions added to the world and if made a vassal will fill their army with unique minor faction troops
  • Adds a few more unique mercenary companies like the Company of the Lion which is a polearm based company (like Swiss pikemen)
  • Adds a new phalanx formation and improves spear and pike use so multiple ranks can fight in formation. (second rank uses overhand attacks)

This content would focus on reforming the minor factions into something really special that spices up unit rosters and adds more unique recruitment options for the player and AI. These Mercenary Companies should be feared and a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield. Adds unique companies like the famous Company of the Lion who is lead by Leothold the Lion who fight with only polearms like pike, bills, and voulges. This unit would be based off the famous Swiss pikemen mercenaries or Landsknecht who eventually changed the face of medieval warfare in the later periods. The Skolderbrotva would be one of the most terrifying melee companies on the battlefield and even make the most seasoned commander think twice before engaging them in battle.

Feast & Feral Beast

gy9SQRE.png

Overview:
  • Adds hunting

wG4y3NL.jpg

Overview:
  • Adds Guilds
  • Adds Merchant Bank
  • Player Hideout
  • New rouge gear

The Raven Banner

nh5Mo5P.jpg

Overview:
  • Dragon Ships
  • New companions

tcbVhRd.jpg

Overview:
  • Armor Smithing added

Link to original thread

+1

9nrTyzJ.jpg

Overview:

Feast & Feral Beast

gy9SQRE.png

Overview:
  • Adds hunting

wG4y3NL.jpg

Overview:
  • Adds Guilds
  • Adds Merchant Bank
  • Player Hideout
  • New rouge gear

The Raven Banner

nh5Mo5P.jpg

Overview:
  • Dragon Ships
  • New companions

tcbVhRd.jpg

Overview:
  • Armor Smithing added

Link to original thread

This 100%
Except this is the type of stuff I'd expect from the sequel, not from DLCs

Only if it is very discounted and has been out for a good year. I cannot trust anything TW related to actually work or even have the promised features. I would wait a year or two and only when it is on sale and required for TC mods.

Back
Top Bottom