Perisno Mod Bug Reports

Users who are viewing this thread

v1.2.3
I bought all the prepared land in some towns, then I bought like 200 acres of uncultivated land and now I'm losing money.
When I cashed out Forniron, I lost 18600 aurums. There I paid for all 238 acres so in this screenshot the owned amount of acres should be equal to the total amount of acres.

SIR7ZsK.jpg

v 1.2
The explosion arrows used by the Tolrania incendiary archers cannot be picked up during battle (both dropped quivers and used arrows cannot be picked-up), compared to older version where you can.

Sidenote: during a siege battle against Elintor, i noticed the arrow splash doesn't seem to work (edit:army firing, not me). Needs more testing, as im not 100% sure yet. Either way, their arrows seems bugged or nerfed.

Some things that need fixing, tldr and some sugestions. Im using 100% archers, horse archers army and that + ai is stupid may have something to do with some bugged siege scenes...

Every ambush scene in the city and village has mounts that arent animated. Often bandits cant find way to me so ambushes take time.

Jezzat siege scene need fixing. There is a gate to be destroyed but my soldiers wont go through it even if i order them to follow, they will still go to the ladder...

Fort Trilond siege scene is bugged. My soldiers dont know how to get to the gate with the hanging bridge. Even if i lead them many get stuck on spikes near the spawning place. Also my soldiers just dont want to get throuh the bridge so without ranged units its impossible to win.

Venetor defender stuck on the roof under the wall near the gate. Without ranged units impossible to kill.

Verek Castle Floating tree near the spawning point on the hill.

Alanar Castle After you climb the ladder and are on the wall\palisade you can see a hut adjacent to the wall. Defenders can drop there and ai dont know how to kill them. Also soldiers can stuck between ramparts that are adjacent to the towers.

Aolas Castle some soldiers getting stuck under the bridge leading to the donjon. Some soldiers stuck behind the building to the left of tower gate where ranged units shoot in the backs of our army.

Aolas and Serin are just too big it takes ages to get to the ladder and soldiers have problems with finding the way.

Serin Castle throne room scene doesnt match the courtyard scene. The whole castle is a huge stone construction but throne room scene is like from the wooden fort...

Hornogoth castle some soldiers often get stuck before the entrance to the mountain so not 100% take part in the siege.

Tumatarhun scene spawn soldiers so close to eachother that half of my 100% archers army wont shoot. Huge losses without a reason... In the siege scene is a horse also not animated.
Temesin Castle Huge losses due to my soldiers stop shooting. When i change position they start again which is strange because enemy archers keep firing np.

Grund City a bit bugged siege scene. Archers stop shooting when enemies hide in the huge building and archers should be able to see them..

There are many situations like that in various places through different iterations of the mod. I think that vast amount of them is due to ai being stupid. The problem is that some of the fancier siege scenes are too complicated for ai ^^

When we decide to target enemy lord army with our hired blades (hired company to defeat enemy army) there is an option to targed some ladies (if they dont like you) but if we decide to target one of those ladies our hired blades dont move and when we move they attack us. Strange bug...
For some reason when we decide to give thanks to the gods our character says that he dont want to. Also no matter if we pick one or another type of units to spread our faith only one type is hired.

Some sugestions:

I also wanted to sugest increasing the amount of loot that we can get from plundering of the taken city. As it is now we can get like 1-7k sometimes more often less money. We can also lose renown and honor. Its completelly not worth the effort. If the amount of plundered money would be increased to like several tens of thousands and in case of a city up to like 100k and additional loot like some fine armor weapon or a mount it would be worth it to consider plunder. Now its not worth it so the mechanic stays unused...

It would be cool to have our own child in this mod as it is in Brytenwalda. He could become a lord then ^^

Other thing is that it would be nice for revolutions to happen more often with the chance for some fiefs getting independence and not only in our lands. Often half of the factions are being wiped out very soon which makes it boring. With option for defeated factions to return it would be more fun. If not by revolution then maybe through some mechanic in diplomacy so we can make a vasal or something out of our territories? I know that mechanics of a revolution where some territories of ours can declare independece exist so it whould be possible.

It happened a few times in a 1.12 playthrough, then I started a new playthrough in 1.2, and it's happening again. I don't want all the hours to go to waste, so any help is appreciated! (Gonna copy and paste my post from the modb site)

"I've been playing this mod for the past several versions, but upon playing for several hours, I've noticed that it crashes a lot when I'm in the overworld (not sure if that's what its called), despite never crashing when I played the past versions, and was wondering if anyone else had this problem, or if there is a fix. Crashes happen when I'm either waiting or traveling, and it happens on seemingly set times (even when I re-load the save, it will crash on the same in-game day and time. sometimes after doing a battle, and it wont crash, but will repeatedly do so at a later in-game day and time) Hope that made sense, and any help would be most appreciated!"

Not sure if it's related, but in my 1.12 playthrough I'm near the city of the kuulan horde (part of my kingdom), and a unit labeled "reinforcements from adat" with 0 units would show up. When approached, it would also crash

It happened a few times in a 1.12 playthrough, then I started a new playthrough in 1.2, and it's happening again. I don't want all the hours to go to waste, so any help is appreciated! (Gonna copy and paste my post from the modb site)

"I've been playing this mod for the past several versions, but upon playing for several hours, I've noticed that it crashes a lot when I'm in the overworld (not sure if that's what its called), despite never crashing when I played the past versions, and was wondering if anyone else had this problem, or if there is a fix. Crashes happen when I'm either waiting or traveling, and it happens on seemingly set times (even when I re-load the save, it will crash on the same in-game day and time. sometimes after doing a battle, and it wont crash, but will repeatedly do so at a later in-game day and time) Hope that made sense, and any help would be most appreciated!"

Not sure if it's related, but in my 1.12 playthrough I'm near the city of the kuulan horde (part of my kingdom), and a unit labeled "reinforcements from adat" with 0 units would show up. When approached, it would also crash
To be sure i would download the mod again and unpack it with 7zip. Dont use WinRaR i had problems with some mods when i unpacked them with WinRaR. Maybe new versions of it are better but i remember that Michadr a Perisno dev supported my claim that its wise to use 7zip so try to use it to unpack this mod.

If that doesnt help install mod from steam because there is a chance that mod version from the site from which you downloaded it has some bugs.

Other thing that can also help is to put the textures quality in the game to 75-85% because this game has a huge memory leak problem and this helps immensely.and im mentioning this because you've said that it happens also after a battle or reloading a save.

Be sure that you downloaded all patches and fixes and installed them correctly because sometimes even a minor mistake can give you many problems...

You can also tinker with other settings in the game engine.

Also there is a question of your pc maybe you have a bug\adware\troyan\malware that puts too huge stress on your rig and forces crashes while gaming...

Another thing is this reinforcements from adat unit which i dont know nothing about. Ive never seen any unit like that if im not mistaken. If the game things that this unit has 0 units then it should vanish in a moment because there are no more soldiers there. Also if unit stays then some soldiers should show up soon and there shouldnt be 0 soldiers in the unit anymore. If you still have this save near this unit then try to go away in the different direction wait some time and return to see if they are still there if they are not maybe it will help with crashes also. Only other situations when there are units with 0 soldiers are when your recruiter wants to find recruits for you or when (if im not mistaken) you want to send assassins after some lady. In that case they may attack also you and there may be 0 soldiers in that company I think...

If nothing helps feel free to return to and ask for more help im sure there is someone who can help you or maybe even dev will see your post. In case of saves you can easly copy your saves from the steam version to the moddb version and back, you just need to find the save location for this mod.

Good Luck! ^^

To be sure i would download the mod again and unpack it with 7zip. Dont use WinRaR i had problems with some mods when i unpacked them with WinRaR. Maybe new versions of it are better but i remember that Michadr a Perisno dev supported my claim that its wise to use 7zip so try to use it to unpack this mod.

If that doesnt help install mod from steam because there is a chance that mod version from the site from which you downloaded it has some bugs.

Other thing that can also help is to put the textures quality in the game to 75-85% because this game has a huge memory leak problem and this helps immensely.and im mentioning this because you've said that it happens also after a battle or reloading a save.

Be sure that you downloaded all patches and fixes and installed them correctly because sometimes even a minor mistake can give you many problems...

You can also tinker with other settings in the game engine.

Also there is a question of your pc maybe you have a bug\adware\troyan\malware that puts too huge stress on your rig and forces crashes while gaming...

Another thing is this reinforcements from adat unit which i dont know nothing about. Ive never seen any unit like that if im not mistaken. If the game things that this unit has 0 units then it should vanish in a moment because there are no more soldiers there. Also if unit stays then some soldiers should show up soon and there shouldnt be 0 soldiers in the unit anymore. If you still have this save near this unit then try to go away in the different direction wait some time and return to see if they are still there if they are not maybe it will help with crashes also. Only other situations when there are units with 0 soldiers are when your recruiter wants to find recruits for you or when (if im not mistaken) you want to send assassins after some lady. In that case they may attack also you and there may be 0 soldiers in that company I think...

If nothing helps feel free to return to and ask for more help im sure there is someone who can help you or maybe even dev will see your post. In case of saves you can easly copy your saves from the steam version to the moddb version and back, you just need to find the save location for this mod.

Good Luck! ^^
Thanks for the advice! I've tried both 7zip and lowering the texture quality on 1.2, but no luck. Already virus scanned, etc., and I have no patches installed

A couple points of clarification in case anyone else sees this thread:
- I've seen the "reinforcements from___" units before in areas controlled by NPC's (in my example, the area was given to one of my vassals). It's the first time I've noticed it with 0 units though, and when I approached and tried to interact, the game crashed. not sure if it's the same problem as the original crashes
- The crash doesn't happen after a battle or reloading. will describe what happens in better detail:
>crash happens on a specific date (for example, apr 15 at around dusk). game will crash almost without fail at this time
> after reloading, and playing the game some more, but doing different things than what I was doing before the crash, sometimes it wont crash during the time (apr 15 to keep the example). this usually happens after a battle. not sure why. But it will always have a later date in which it will crash again without fail (now the new date when it crashes is may 1).

In both playthroughs, Im stuck, and battling random opponents doesnt seem to help at all

Thanks for the advice! I've tried both 7zip and lowering the texture quality on 1.2, but no luck. Already virus scanned, etc., and I have no patches installed

A couple points of clarification in case anyone else sees this thread:
- I've seen the "reinforcements from___" units before in areas controlled by NPC's (in my example, the area was given to one of my vassals). It's the first time I've noticed it with 0 units though, and when I approached and tried to interact, the game crashed. not sure if it's the same problem as the original crashes
- The crash doesn't happen after a battle or reloading. will describe what happens in better detail:
>crash happens on a specific date (for example, apr 15 at around dusk). game will crash almost without fail at this time
> after reloading, and playing the game some more, but doing different things than what I was doing before the crash, sometimes it wont crash during the time (apr 15 to keep the example). this usually happens after a battle. not sure why. But it will always have a later date in which it will crash again without fail (now the new date when it crashes is may 1).

In both playthroughs, Im stuck, and battling random opponents doesnt seem to help at all
Sorry but im not sure what to think because here you say that : - The crash doesn't happen after a battle or reloading. Then you say: this usually happens after a battle. I understand that crashes wont happen at the same date if you start doing other things than previously? If thats the case then 2 most possible explanations are that there is something on the map that make game crash when you are close to it or try to interact with it or the game is stressing your rig too much.

Did you try to put textures quality even lower like 40-60%?

Maybe lets start from the beginning.

-What are the specs of your rig?

-What happens when crash happens? Is there some info like some kind of texture didnt load? Or game couldnt find some object?

-Is game just stopping\freezing or is it closing the game and throw you to your windows screen?

Sorry but im not sure what to think because here you say that : - The crash doesn't happen after a battle or reloading. Then you say: this usually happens after a battle. I understand that crashes wont happen at the same date if you start doing other things than previously? If thats the case then 2 most possible explanations are that there is something on the map that make game crash when you are close to it or try to interact with it or the game is stressing your rig too much.

Did you try to put textures quality even lower like 40-60%?

Maybe lets start from the beginning.

-What are the specs of your rig?

-What happens when crash happens? Is there some info like some kind of texture didnt load? Or game couldnt find some object?

-Is game just stopping\freezing or is it closing the game and throw you to your windows screen?
Hi! I dont have the specs right now, as my computer is off, and I'm on my phone, but it was originally in the auto detected settings if that helps. I've tried setting texture way down to 30, and the same thing happens. Been playing since 0.99, and it's been stable. It's only happened with the past couple of versions

When it crashes, the game would stop/freeze for a few moments, then I'd get booted to the windows screen. No error message or any info, and it happens regardless of where I am in the world map

Hi! I dont have the specs right now, as my computer is off, and I'm on my phone, but it was originally in the auto detected settings if that helps. I've tried setting texture way down to 30, and the same thing happens. Been playing since 0.99, and it's been stable. It's only happened with the past couple of versions

When it crashes, the game would stop/freeze for a few moments, then I'd get booted to the windows screen. No error message or any info, and it happens regardless of where I am in the world map
-If other players can play this mod without problems then if shouldnt be a problem of the mod itself and it must be related to your computer or the way youve installed this mod. Was it downloaded from ModDB, Nexus or Steam? If it was downloaded from ModDB or Nexus there is a potential problem right there. There were several fixes\patches for the mod uploaded on ModDB. If you didnt install them or installed them in a wrong way it may also cause these problems.

-I would check your ram and graphics card, especially if you have nvidia graphics card. I had many situations with nvidia graphics cards where games would crash because there was a small and random problem with the card and in some cases those problems grew to the point where card just burned and didnt work properly.

-Maybe the heat in the casing gets too high and overheat the card or other part of your computer.

-Things like what you speak off often happens when pc cant handle the game. If there is some random ram\video card problem then things like that can happen.

-Also your power suply my be failing or cant give enough power to your rig so in some istuations it can cause a crash.

-If your pc use older windows then it would also be a potential problem because older windows were 32 bit and didnt allocate enough ram for this game. I know that you didnt have any problems in version 0.99 but if you had a format of your hard drive then not all settings that you had before might be as they should.

-If your computer is older then it could also potentially be a source of the problem. I know that you didnt have any problems with previous versions but many things are always added in the new versions so maybe the new things are the straw that broke the camels back...

-Do you use laptop or pc or maybe a Mac?

I have one more idea\question... Are those units that had 0 soldiers that are called reinforcements arent by chance some type of specific units for one of your companions that you made into vasals? Im asking because i dont remember seeing this type of spawn but im also never use my companions as lords. I prefer to have them as my companions and bodyguards and i use normal lords from other countries as my vasals...

Last edited:
Cavalry archer troops seem bug. When they out of arrows and change to melee, they cant attack, just charge and stuck in the middle of enemy army. Happened to companions that are change to cav.archer party too.Not all of them got bug, about 30-40%.

Cavalry archer troops seem bug. When they out of arrows and change to melee, they cant attack, just charge and stuck in the middle of enemy army. Happened to companions that are change to cav.archer party too.Not all of them got bug, about 30-40%.
Are those standard Cav Archers units or yours custom troops like Players Mercenaries?

-If other players can play this mod without problems then if shouldnt be a problem of the mod itself and it must be related to your computer or the way youve installed this mod. Was it downloaded from ModDB, Nexus or Steam? If it was downloaded from ModDB or Nexus there is a potential problem right there. There were several fixes\patches for the mod uploaded on ModDB. If you didnt install them or installed them in a wrong way it may also cause these problems.

-I would check your ram and graphics card, especially if you have nvidia graphics card. I had many situations with nvidia graphics cards where games would crash because there was a small and random problem with the card and in some cases those problems grew to the point where card just burned and didnt work properly.

-Maybe the heat in the casing gets too high and overheat the card or other part of your computer.

-Things like what you speak off often happens when pc cant handle the game. If there is some random ram\video card problem then things like that can happen.

-Also your power suply my be failing or cant give enough power to your rig so in some istuations it can cause a crash.

-If your pc use older windows then it would also be a potential problem because older windows were 32 bit and didnt allocate enough ram for this game. I know that you didnt have any problems in version 0.99 but if you had a format of your hard drive then not all settings that you had before might be as they should.

-If your computer is older then it could also potentially be a source of the problem. I know that you didnt have any problems with previous versions but many things are always added in the new versions so maybe the new things are the straw that broke the camels back...

-Do you use laptop or pc or maybe a Mac?

I have one more idea\question... Are those units that had 0 soldiers that are called reinforcements arent by chance some type of specific units for one of your companions that you made into vasals? Im asking because i dont remember seeing this type of spawn but im also never use my companions as lords. I prefer to have them as my companions and bodyguards and i use normal lords from other countries as my vasals...
Thanks for your input, will check some other these.
To answer some of the questions
- dont remember the video card top of my head, but it's AMD, not nvidia
- laptop, got just in late 2019, running windows 10, 6gb ram
- while I did use some companions as vassals, the village of Adat is controlled by a regular lord.

@mr_paradox
I've also encounter the 0-unit crash , however, for a different scenario. In my case, they showed up because of the error for the Revolution in Vinica quest line. I also had a fond memory of encountering the same crash you had once, related to time, don't remember the cause... maybe the same related bug?

This was back in 1.12, and I don't think Vinica is fixed yet, so to avoid this certain issue, I just have to avoid the error quests or start a new game/saved file before the quest.

Overall, avoid bugged quests to be safe :smile:

Last edited:
@mr_paradox
I've also encounter the 0-unit crash , however, for a different scenario. In my case, they showed up because of the error for the Revolution in Vinica quest line. I also had a fond memory of encountering the same crash you had once, related to time, don't remember the cause... maybe the same related bug?

This was back in 1.12, and I don't think Vinica is fixed yet, so to avoid this certain issue, I just have to avoid the error quests or start a new game/saved file before the quest.

Overall, avoid bugged quests to be safe :smile:
I never did that quest, lol. Only active quest I had at the time was Grazir worshippers

Thanks for your input, will check some other these.
To answer some of the questions
- dont remember the video card top of my head, but it's AMD, not nvidia
- laptop, got just in late 2019, running windows 10, 6gb ram
- while I did use some companions as vassals, the village of Adat is controlled by a regular lord.
How big is your battlesize scale? In my case the safe amount is 300. Maybe try also scaling the battlesize down too to the number that feels comfortale? You say that you have 6gb of ram? Its not that much for today standards so it may help.

Can you continue the game without triggering this bug? For example by not interacting with these reinforcements? From what you say it seems that it can happen randomly in various moments. You also mentioned that you dont have any informations about bugs and that game freezes for a moment and then go to the pulpit. From everything that i know about this game, this mod and computers it looks like some kind of problem on your part either your computer or some errors in installed version of your mod like (faulty installation for example. I also see that you doubt thats the case. At the same time bugs with quests hardly ever trigger such violent reaction in games.

Try to load the previous save to see if it helps and maybe dont interact with the quest mentioned by kgwovan.

To be sure do as follows:

-Check your ram and graphics card.

-Uninstall the mod and even warband. Install it all fresh and to be sure that everything works as it should install the mod from steam. You can put saves from the ModDB version into the steam version no problem. Just copy them in some safe place before uninstalling everything...

Other than that its hard to come up with more ideas because mod itself seems to work right. Ive travelled through the whole continent doing battles and besieging several cities and nothing bad happened.
-

How big is your battlesize scale? In my case the safe amount is 300. Maybe try also scaling the battlesize down too to the number that feels comfortale? You say that you have 6gb of ram? Its not that much for today standards so it may help.

Can you continue the game without triggering this bug? For example by not interacting with these reinforcements? From what you say it seems that it can happen randomly in various moments. You also mentioned that you dont have any informations about bugs and that game freezes for a moment and then go to the pulpit. From everything that i know about this game, this mod and computers it looks like some kind of problem on your part either your computer or some errors in installed version of your mod like (faulty installation for example. I also see that you doubt thats the case. At the same time bugs with quests hardly ever trigger such violent reaction in games.

Try to load the previous save to see if it helps and maybe dont interact with the quest mentioned by kgwovan.

To be sure do as follows:

-Check your ram and graphics card.

-Uninstall the mod and even warband. Install it all fresh and to be sure that everything works as it should install the mod from steam. You can put saves from the ModDB version into the steam version no problem. Just copy them in some safe place before uninstalling everything...

Other than that its hard to come up with more ideas because mod itself seems to work right. Ive travelled through the whole continent doing battles and besieging several cities and nothing bad happened.
-
Copy. Did not interact with any quest giver in my 1.2 playthrough, already tried uninstalling and reinstalling

On a more general update, I'm more certain that it's caused by a 0-unit appearing and entering a town or castle, as I saw another one in my 1.2 playthrough. Not sure what causes it, or why they've been spawning a lot in my game. Will reinstall the mod one more time, and maybe try one of the hot fixes, if not, I'll probs throw in the towel

Copy. Did not interact with any quest giver in my 1.2 playthrough, already tried uninstalling and reinstalling

On a more general update, I'm more certain that it's caused by a 0-unit appearing and entering a town or castle, as I saw another one in my 1.2 playthrough. Not sure what causes it, or why they've been spawning a lot in my game. Will reinstall the mod one more time, and maybe try one of the hot fixes, if not, I'll probs throw in the towel
I would install all fixes that were uploaded and if im not mistaken there are 2 or 3 on ModDB. Ofc when we speak about reinstall i mean download a fresh copy of them mod with all the fixes upload the fixes in the mod folder and then start it ^^
You can always start a new game. If you dont want to start from the scratch then just mod your character to the stats it was in the previous game. This mod is worth trying another playthrough ^^

You aren't running the latest version of the mod.

Back
Top Bottom