SP - UI UI: Don't make me click LEAVE town- just DO IT when I click on the map.

Users who are viewing this thread

It is beyond me how on earth it isn't assumed I want to leave town when I am in a town and looking at the map and right click somewhere. Don't make me click the damned menu [leave] button.

There can be many instances of missclicks happening in this case but you don't have to click the [leave] button you can also use the TAB key.

The map... and the menu to leave town are... sort of far apart there. lol. Misclicking all the way over on the map would take an effort.

So you're saying clicking on the map itself will cause problems for navigating where we want to go on the map? I am totlly confused. But it's fine. Defend your UI inspite of window closing to new surface activation being standard UI these days.

Try it yourself on this forum. Click the FORUM menu... there's a drop down... now click back in your text response box. OH WOW! The Forum menu closes AND I'm active in the text box again in ONE click...

I didn't have to click the forum drop down [close] button (LEAVE TOWN] and then the map {text box].

So you're saying clicking on the map itself will cause problems for navigating where we want to go on the map?
No I didn't say that, missclicks on the map while in town doesn't affect navigating/movement on the map. Where did I say that?

Missclicks on the map will take players out of towns when they don't want to. Since most of the screen is the map, there can be many instances of this happening.

Try it yourself on this forum. Click the FORUM menu... there's a drop down... now click back in your text response box. OH WOW! The Forum menu closes AND I'm active in the text box again in ONE click...
A small dropdown is not comparable to the game menus in BL. We also do the same in our dropdowns in the game so, I'm familiar with the concept.

Lol so much attention for a petty request. I mean, sure you can make whatever suggestions you want but there's easily 100 more interesting changes that could be made before " not pressing leave town (or tab)".

Like i said not if its not hard to implement.
Just because something isn't hard, it doesn't mean you need to do it.
Even when it's simple, you need to:

- Change click behaviour in settlements
- add a toggle in options
- test it
- add it to the beta build
- get feedback from the community

If it would be an important issue, sure, go for it. But the player can already leave a settlement by clicking one button or pressing one key. There is no complicated process involved, everyone can click a button and it doesn't waste your time at all.

The suggestion wasn't good to begin with because it doesn't solve an issue.

Just because something isn't hard, it doesn't mean you need to do it.
Even when it's simple, you need to:

- Change click behaviour in settlements
- add a toggle in options
- test it
- add it to the beta build
- get feedback from the community

If it would be an important issue, sure, go for it. But the player can already leave a settlement by clicking one button or pressing one key. There is no complicated process involved, everyone can click a button and it doesn't waste your time at all.

The suggestion wasn't good to begin with because it doesn't solve an issue.
Thats the process of any feature so they shouldnt make any qol chances?

Thats the process of any feature so they shouldnt make any qol chances?
My point is that it's not a QOL feature. It doesn't add anything to the game because you can already leave a settlement quickly. If anything it's harmful because you will accidentally leave settlement.

My point is that it's not a QOL feature. It doesn't add anything to the game because you can already leave a settlement quickly. If anything it's harmful because you will accidentally leave settlement.

Your finger is clicking on the map accidentally *at all*? When you play? Dude you have fine motor problems.

It *adds* a standard way of exiting menus by clicking on the area you now want to engage in. Instead of 1980 style clicking an exit button to then go over and click what you want to interact with. If you see something on screen a new menu should *not* deactivate those other visible hotpoints. This is so f'ing standard to UI.

There is no point on my screen that I am accidentally clicking on in this game. Wow. I *do* accidentlly click on the map a lot because I want out of town, and nothing happens ffs. Then I have to remember, oh yeah, 1980... go to town menu to click [EXIT], NOW I can click on the map.

LOL

Your finger is clicking on the map accidentally *at all*? When you play? Dude you have fine motor problems.

It *adds* a standard way of exiting menus by clicking on the area you now want to engage in. Instead of 1980 style clicking an exit button to then go over and click what you want to interact with. If you see something on screen a new menu should *not* deactivate those other visible hotpoints. This is so f'ing standard to UI.

There is no point on my screen that I am accidentally clicking on in this game. Wow. I *do* accidentlly click on the map a lot because I want out of town, and nothing happens ffs. Then I have to remember, oh yeah, 1980... go to town menu to click [EXIT], NOW I can click on the map.

LOL
If I click on the desktop with an open application it doesn't close the application.

What you described is true for a context menu.

If you don't want to click on exit, what's wrong with pressing tab?

Back
Top Bottom