Player Character death as a Ruler

Users who are viewing this thread

RoboSenshi

Grandmaster Knight
So after using the time progression mod for a playthrough, for the first time playing bannerlord I've reached the point my character can die of old age. I got a pop up saying to prepare and choose an heir, which is all fine and dandy.

However when my character dies and I pick an heir, my clan is seemingly destroyed and all the fiefs I own in the kingdom are given to another clan within my kingdom. It's weird cause I'm still the ruler of the kingdom but my clan doesn't exist and I don't hold any fiefs.

What gives? I'd appreciate any help.

Yeah this has happened to me too, I didn't try and fix it though as I was pretty much done conquering the world and took it as a sign to begin a new campaign. I might reload that save if I can, and test it again. Could be even be a completely unsuspecting mod or its a vanilla bug. Which I hope not, I'm a ruler again this new game lol.

Are you using Executioner edit mod or the player death patches mod out of curiosity?
Nope, not using either.

Yeah this has happened to me too, I didn't try and fix it though as I was pretty much done conquering the world and took it as a sign to begin a new campaign. I might reload that save if I can, and test it again. Could be even be a completely unsuspecting mod or its a vanilla bug. Which I hope not, I'm a ruler again this new game lol.
So succession is not implemented then. Ffs.

Succession... A feature which we rarely see and it is non present in 90% of the campaigns because we get bored and start a new one... You can expect massive bugs regarding this.

Succession is implemented, I've played a few games to the point of playing as your kids. It seems that there is a bug right now.

After disabling all mods, it still gave me the same issue and ****ed up the save file. I'll just end the campaign there I guess and chuck this up to Early Access shenanigans and growing pains.

Time to drop Bannerlord for a while again.

After disabling all mods, it still gave me the same issue and ****ed up the save file. I'll just end the campaign there I guess and chuck this up to Early Access shenanigans and growing pains.

hope this doesnt happen to me, i am 2300 days in

can confirm 2500 days in, player caught illness and clan was destroyed was leader of Vlandia on 1.5.5. I'll post a bug report

Also I'm assuming that this might be related to the election process that gets triggered when a ruler dies.
Because funnily enough if my pc gets executed through execution edit mod, I can continue playing just fine, because no election gets held.
If I choose to keep playing this save that mod will be my saving grace lol

Can confirm that this has been fixed in 1.5.7 beta. Ive waited 69 long years ingame to test this feature to full extend

Not to blame the mods - but disabling them mid-game might not be enough to fix the issue (assuming they are responsible). The only real test would be a brand new start without mods and see if the same issue occurs; not a great option I'll grant but the only fair way.

Back
Top Bottom