Lots of (Good?) Changes in the New Patch

Users who are viewing this thread

The Hot
  • The end of the crushthrough era means I can actually play the video game again, so that nice.
  • Minimal buffs to Khuzait means they go from impossible to play to still the worst but people wont just leave the server when they are drawn as the faction.
  • The changes to archery mechanics seem to reward accuracy rather than just clicking in the general direction of things.
  • Archers having their footspeed being slowed down across the board was an annoying (for archers) but necessary change.
  • Throwing axes no longer comically broken.
  • Palatine guard now gets the crossbow instead of archer militia which I really like (archer militia was really easy and annoying to spam)
  • A ton of the weapons got tweaks which for the most part seem to be the correct decisions (there are some that really arent)
  • Lances seem fixed.
The Not
  • Recruits getting access to Pila is going to be hell on earth. The devs acknowledged that giving a 100g class an instakill stick was a bad idea and removed it from the Clan Warrior, yet added it here. I dont understand it.
  • Some of the bows are EXTREMELY overnerfed. Accuracy in the 70s will turn them into RNG factories with very little skill involved. I dont understand why this was done when it seems like a lot of equivalent bows are now more accurate.
  • It will probably be another 5 months before either of the above get addressed.

Overall positive set of changes but only getting them every quarter of a year isnt enough to fix the balance issues present in multiplayer. When changes come they are generally positive, but the extreme wait in between fairly minor adjustments is causing a lot of problems and needs to be reevaluated.

Thank you for the overview.

We are set up to make balance changes independent of major patches now, we are planning to release them much more often.

Thank you for the overview.

We are set up to make balance changes independent of major patches now, we are planning to release them much more often.
(crab dances)

The way my post was written probably seems a little condescending, but I am genuinely very pleased with the changes.

5 or so hours of skirmish cav main pov, the bad - fix/nerf bastard sword and crossbows, throwing axes were nerfed a bit too much to the point of uselesness.

Everything else, however, is great, the game feels much more melee orientated now, light archers now have a proper role reflective of their cost, crushthrough is fixed, archers are ever so slightly easier to catch - it is much more enjoyable to play, people don't just back out of fights to throw javelins at you as heavy inf.

Next in line would love to see:

1) nerfed glaive damage
2) something done about armored horses so melee swings and spear stabs would actually cause noticeable damage to horses at low speeds, since infantry has to rely on spears and melee much more to kill cavalry
3) archers teamhitting horses with arrows still don't do proper damage
4) the big 5ish second cav bump needs to go

Can't really comment on faction balance as of yet. Overall, very good stuff.

• Some of the bows are EXTREMELY overnerfed. Accuracy in the 70s will turn them into RNG factories with very little skill involved. I dont understand why this was done when it seems like a lot of equivalent bows are now more accurate.

I can already hear the screams of teammates when archers shoot them without it really being their fault

But yeah some good stuff in the patch

I can already hear the screams of teammates when archers shoot them without it really being their fault

But yeah some good stuff in the patch

This is my thing. If you want the fast firing bows to be nerfed thats fine, just lower the direct damage. Lowering the accuracy as a means of lowering the damage only works in RTS games where you dont have someone in direct control of the unit. In FPS and TPS games the accuracy will already be below ideal to begin with due to human error. Making the accuracy artificially bad just compounds things and leads to angry teammates.

Crossbow need to be adressed and that quickly, this is just deranged.

Agree with my dog here.

So what happened to me today i was playing legionary with sword and shield , i pushed a crossbow who had reloaded xbow with bolt inside it , i pushed the crossbow so he cant aim i swing once and i hit him and i instantly go for another swing but he managed to shoot faster than i could swing at him altough he was strucked a mili second ago.

This must be adreesed as soon as possible as this is outragous.

If you need a video i can try to reproduce and clip it here.

Agree with my dog here.

So what happened to me today i was playing legionary with sword and shield , i pushed a crossbow who had reloaded xbow with bolt inside it , i pushed the crossbow so he cant aim i swing once and i hit him and i instantly go for another swing but he managed to shoot faster than i could swing at him altough he was strucked a mili second ago.

This must be adreesed as soon as possible as this is outragous.

If you need a video i can try to reproduce and clip it here.
Bad dog, but my dog!

What he says. Crossbows need to be adressed.

Regarding Crossbows

If they perform much better than expected the most probable change is going to be an increase in Reload Duration.

We want the Crossbow to be unique in behavior when compared to the bows, so the ease of aim, firing, and being able to hold aim are features we want on the Crossbow, balanced by the vulnerability during the time it takes to reload another shot. Crossbows will always relatively hit harder than bows.

The sound que being more evident is a neat idea, we will test it out.

We are also discussing and testing running speed of Archers in general for all game modes.

Recruits getting access to Pila is going to be hell on earth. The devs acknowledged that giving a 100g class an instakill stick was a bad idea and removed it from the Clan Warrior, yet added it here. I dont understand it.
As I understand it, devs wanted to make the skirmisher class unique. By diversifying their throwing weapons and taking away throwing weapons from other classes. And since the recruits are considered the empire's skirmishers, they received pilums. I generally like this approach, but legionnaires without pilum are sad...

There is a problem for normal bows. When we started pull the bow its stalled at the top and then it keeps getting accurate but this wasnt exist before.
And this wasnt necessary at all. Additionally i didnt find this nerf at patch notes. Skilled cavarly vs skilled archer was equal but with this nerf its not possible for archer.You gave the cavalry a big advantage.Now its harder to quick counter to horsemen.
@AVRC

There is a problem for normal bows. When we started pull the bow its stalled at the top and then it keeps getting accurate but this wasnt exist before.
And this wasnt necessary at all. Additionally i didnt find this nerf at patch notes. Skilled cavarly vs skilled archer was equal but with this nerf its not possible for archer.You gave the cavalry a big advantage.Now its harder to quick counter to horsemen.
@AVRC
It is not stalled, your aim does not start improving because you have not fully drawn your bow, you start aiming after the bow is fully drawn now.
The Cavalry should have an advantage over the archers, you shouldn't be easily quick shotting the horsemen.

Everything you mentioned is intended changes.

Regarding Crossbows
Running speed for archers and.. what about rest? Do u also checking rests' running speed? Do you also test non-boring stamina test related with running speed & player weight?

(My next question can be about abilities & jobs for some MP modes from the subject of "running speed" but, not now.)

Running speed for archers and.. what about rest? Do u also checking rests' running speed? Do you also test non-boring stamina test related with running speed & player weight?

(My next question can be about abilities & jobs for some MP modes from the subject of "running speed" but, not now.)
I mean the archers' running speed compared to all other troops. So yeah basically all running speeds.

Ok, you pissed me off by changing the commands in Captain Mode and then the game crashed.
Why shortcuts has been changed?
Did you put new shortcuts explanation somewhere?

Crossbows are absolutely broken, and fixing them should be top priority, but this is also due to Bannerlord's lack of stagger on hit. Unlike Warband, where when you took damage your character was staggered for a considerable amount of time, in Bannerlord that stagger time window is very short, allowing your character to keep moving and even perform an action directly after being hit.

This creates a variety of problems. As you described, crossbowmen can simply shoot you instantly even when you're pounding on them in melee. The same applies to throwing weapons. People with javelins, pilas, and throwing axes can just stick you with them even you're bumping/hitting them. Even in a pure melee fight, you can usually counter with a kick even when you've just been hit flush with an attack.

I know Taleworlds' currently has more pressing issues to address, but the lack of stagger when taking damage is something that should be reviewed in the near future.

i love the spear buff, my first noticeable kill in warband is from spear, the feeling of kill someone on top of leaderboard when you just a noob it's very fulfilling. it allow mediocre player to have a tool to at least compete in a 2v1 situation, anything that promote teamwork i support it.

for me teamwork shield fight is the core theme of mount and blade multiplayer experience, if i wanna **** around with 2h i will went for morde or whatever it call, their game from engine level is all about individual play while in warband team game, teamwork is something really op, a high level player without a shield will die to 2 mediocre player very fast, that is why i like warband so much.

so far this patch provide a very close experience, if more rapid update is possible i think it will be great.

btw the server speed change is great to, i never understand why nerf on shield hit point, if you want them die faster you should always increased speed on various sources, promote attack is always better then promote defense. well server speed increase is at lease feel in the right direction on that subject

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom