What happened to Co-op?

Users who are viewing this thread

I wouldn’t call that promising. You’re gonna be pretty miffed that because you entered a tournament, you lost a castle right next door and couldn’t respond because the other guy was moving.

Doing any quest that requires running around a town becomes useless as you just lose too much time.

It’s great find that several members of your army deserted because while you were buying food at the market, half a day passed and so people left.

Again, from the ground up, this just doesn’t work and is gonna cause a lot of grief
The modders atleast work on something that the playerbase wanted for years.
While TW just puts their head into the ground as usual.
And knowing the mod community i am sure that those concerns of yours will be ironed out.

Well, there is already a promising Bannerlord coop mod.
As long as one player moves on the map the game isn't pausing, when one player is in a scene moving around, and the other one stands still on the map then the map itself is paused.
It works exactly like SP does just with 2 players
Sounds horrible, which is probably the reason it's not officially supported. As a mod it's perfect though.

The modders atleast work on something that the playerbase wanted for years.
To be fair, 9/10 SP communities want their SP game to have coop :wink: .

Also TW never talked about coop they just commented on it as far as I know. And they always said stuff "Unlikely to happen".

They need to change too many game mechanics to make coop work.

Sounds horrible, which is probably the reason it's not officially supported. As a mod it's perfect though.

I agree, doesn´t sound like a lot of fun. But I still appreciate the effort of the modders!

I follow the mod but it really doesn't sound fun especially if you are only playing with 2 people like all the things that have to be cut just to play with one other person doesn't sound fun but maby with like 4-8 people it could be fun I'll probably set up a lobby with like 7 friends so we can get an 8 player lobby but the most annoying part would be the late game lets say everybody has kingdoms and you are playing with 4 people 2 people are at peace basically just building up strength and 2 are at war the 2 at peace would have to slow down for a long time due to how many battles take on in one war so it would limit the game to even more constant warfare

I feel some people in this thread will make everything co-op related sound negative, it's not going to take anything away from your SP experience especially not if it's a mod. So please be happy on our behalf that we're finally getting what we've been waiting 10 years for (talking about the mod).

If one person controlled a companion when they joined your game that would be a solution, and if TW would do something like that I'd be all for it. But changing basic gameplay just so people can play coop would have a lot of downsides just for one upside.

I feel some people in this thread will make everything co-op related sound negative, it's not going to take anything away from your SP experience especially not if it's a mod. So please be happy on our behalf that we're finally getting what we've been waiting 10 years for (talking about the mod).
It will take away dev time and ressources, thats more than nothing. It´s not like that this coop mode will just be there from thin air.

SP is lacking, MP is lacking and so TW should focus on coop? Sure! For a mod, sure fine. Do whatever mod you want! "Demand" to TW to implent coop no! Let them fix the basics first. Simple!

It will take away dev time and ressources, thats more than nothing. It´s not like that this coop mode will just be there from thin air.

SP is lacking, MP is lacking and so TW should focus on coop? Sure! For a mod, sure fine. Do whatever mod you want! "Demand" to TW to implent coop no! Let them fix the basics first. Simple!
Faith in MostBlunted restored.

They dropped co-op years ago, you are running far behind on news xD
It was never a selling point since it never even made it in the game at any point.
If they knew people would pay for it, they would make it - trust me. That much is certain from the TW perspective.

If they knew people would pay for it, they would make it - trust me. That much is certain from the TW perspective.

um there is so many things the players want and have already paid for. The mistake people made myself included was to pay full price for a half-assed game expecting TW to do a good job. I for one am still waiting and if TW is doing this bad a job 9 months in I doubt very highly that they could even do coop which I agree would be incredible to have in this game.

A lot of players paid full price for this game, like they did for Cyberpunk and got screwed in my opinion. TW took the money and have done jack **** with it.

I'm not sure if Cyresdog has the wrong information, or if I do, but from what I've gathered from the co-op mod is that the campaign map time will constantly be moving just at a much slower pace. Which sounds much better than what Cyresdog described.

I get that there's a lot of features they'll have to work out such as what happens to battling parties on the campaign map and if parties try to join etc. but if it really works out to be this simple, I don't get why TW couldn't do it themselves.

I'm not sure if Cyresdog has the wrong information, or if I do, but from what I've gathered from the co-op mod is that the campaign map time will constantly be moving just at a much slower pace. Which sounds much better than what Cyresdog described.

I get that there's a lot of features they'll have to work out such as what happens to battling parties on the campaign map and if parties try to join etc. but if it really works out to be this simple, I don't get why TW couldn't do it themselves.
TW could do it themselves but they don't want to because it sucks. Regardless how much effort you put into it, the campaign gameplay will always be compromised. That's the reason it's not an officially supported feature. If you personally think it's worth the drawback, that's fine. You can play it as a mod. The vast majority however will not use it. And that's fine as well.

I don't really see how, but sure. I can understand why they don't want to do it, and it'd be a massive resource hog for the company but these posts about how it couldn't work at all make no sense to me. Obviously there'd have to be changes in the design, but that's to be expected. Guess we'll have to wait and see how it works out though.

I don't really see how, but sure. I can understand why they don't want to do it, and it'd be a massive resource hog for the company but these posts about how it couldn't work at all make no sense to me. Obviously there'd have to be changes in the design, but that's to be expected. Guess we'll have to wait and see how it works out though.
The posts about how it couldn't work mean it couldn't work unless you change campaign gameplay. Slowing it down or pausing only works for the people who are really desperate to play in coop. And they are probably also only going to play with people they now well. Compare that to games which are designed for coop from the start. Now imagine how many people would complain if it's marketed as an official feature...
As an extreme, I could also argue that coop would work if you remove the campaign completely...

Yes, that is why it would be a separate co-op mode. No one wants to get rid of single player and turn it into a multiplayer world, we would've liked a separate mode to be able to play with friends. That wouldn't effect the single player experience in any way whatsoever -- except for possibly taking resources away if TW did pursue it.

If the only compromise to have co-op working was to have time run at a slower pace on the campaign map, I don't think there'd be a single reasonable complaint about that. In fact, it would almost definitely bring in a flurry of new sales and attention.

Yes, that is why it would be a separate co-op mode. No one wants to get rid of single player and turn it into a multiplayer world, we would've liked a separate mode to be able to play with friends. That wouldn't effect the single player experience in any way whatsoever -- except for possibly taking resources away if TW did pursue it.

If the only compromise to have co-op working was to have time run at a slower pace on the campaign map, I don't think there'd be a single reasonable complaint about that. In fact, it would almost definitely bring in a flurry of new sales and attention.

I would say TW with their stupidity drove away most future sales. I certainly tell my friends not to buy the game especially in its current form. TW seems very arrogant and just shoots down people's very good ideas (in my view) they rarely if ever get on steam forums to address posts there... you know STEAM probably the biggest reason they have as many sales as they do.

Lack of communication, arrogant communication when communication happens at all, slow as hell real content updates, constantly creating new bugs/crashes/issues when "fixing" current bugs/crashes/issues. Just one of the most terrible dev teams in recent memory.

I never played any of the other Mount and Blade games, had never heard of them but when I found this game and all the people praising the devs because of the other games I thought I will for the first time pay FULL NEW GAME price for an EA game. Yeah last time I do that. TW should be ashamed.

I would say TW with their stupidity drove away most future sales. I certainly tell my friends not to buy the game especially in its current form. TW seems very arrogant and just shoots down people's very good ideas (in my view) they rarely if ever get on steam forums to address posts there... you know STEAM probably the biggest reason they have as many sales as they do.

Lack of communication, arrogant communication when communication happens at all, slow as hell real content updates, constantly creating new bugs/crashes/issues when "fixing" current bugs/crashes/issues. Just one of the most terrible dev teams in recent memory.

I never played any of the other Mount and Blade games, had never heard of them but when I found this game and all the people praising the devs because of the other games I thought I will for the first time pay FULL NEW GAME price for an EA game. Yeah last time I do that. TW should be ashamed.
While I agree it's probably the worst EA experience I've had so far, I think it's more how the company works (or doesn't work) as a whole, as there's obviously some super passionate and talented individuals working on it. The engine itself I find to be a technical marvel but the gameplay side of it lacking. I still remember telling my friends at launch to wait a month or two before buying it so there's some more content... Which almost nine months later is still yet to come. There's still a few extra sales for them there if they release something worthwhile :razz:

Anyway man, the best thing you can do is try find another game or hobby to distract yourself because it's likely to be a long and bumpy road from here on out. Saying that, I still always end up checking the forums daily for some sort of update or news.

Back
Top Bottom