Female Lords mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
another point is that while there was sexisim in the medeival era i personally do think it was as bad as alot of tv shows and media make out since in alot of cultures women were seen as important in other ways for example woman could be leaders of the sewing guilds dk there proper name but it was a respected position.

Women as said before have lead troops into battle and if we class it as the medeival era ****ing Queen Elizebeth the First gave a speech to her men when there was the threat of invasion of the spanish and its amarda if thats not being in charge of troops idk what is. I currently feel that even though we have men and women in Bannerlord they all feel samey.

Persoanlly i like warbands way when playing as a woman in that you almost had to earn respect from other lords and kings to get anyhwere but at the same time Bannerlords system is much friendlier to new players who may want to play as a woman.

It's a woke game, like Hollywood, and as we know Roman empire,Medieval kingdons, Mongol empire, and mainly the Muslim side had many women in command...

Mongol empire, and mainly the Muslim side had many women in command...

It's funny you pick these examples because during the early Islamic conquests women led armies disproportionately often compared to other societies, and the Mongols were probably the most egalitarian people in East Asia at the time, when they weren't nuking cities.

It's also worth noting that generally, whenever a sexism vs classism conflict took place, classism won.

Yeah I definitely feel like neither game really emphasises this fact much. The ruling elites don't feel like elites when you can just randomly ask them their battle strategy by running up to their army and stopping them. In Bannerlord it's even worse, you literally have a quest where you run around interrogating lords about history. Even modern developed countries aren't this egalitarian.

If you ask me, an actually realistic system would be where men and women could in theory occupy similar positions, but women would have an opinion penalty, necessitating them working twice as hard. (Similar to PC women in Warband, but applied to NPCs as well.)

Playing a woman in Warband is easier, not harder.

Women never led troops in combat in medieval Europe, there isn't actually any argument to be made for this other than "it's a videogame and we felt like it."

"Never" is a strong word to use for a span as long as the medieval period, across an area as large as Europe.

Playing a woman in Warband is easier, not harder.

If you're going for a conquer the world playthrough, yes. If you're doing a vassal playthrough, lords gain opinion slowly due to medieval sexism, making your rise to the rank of Marshal slower.

If you're going for a conquer the world playthrough, yes. If you're doing a vassal playthrough, lords gain opinion slowly due to medieval sexism, making your rise to the rank of Marshal slower.

I'm not 100% sure but my recollection was that your husband and husband's family were (nearly) guaranteed to vote for you and the renown gain was faster for women, not slower.

lords gain opinion slowly due to medieval sexism, making your rise to the rank of Marshal slower.
NO! Only some of the lords are sexist and it's a strait starting -relation of like -3 or 5. They build relation when you rescue or let them go after battle and such exactly the same though. You need more renown to be offered fiefs and marshallship but that's an absolutely trivial matter.

If you're going for a conquer the world playthrough, yes.
Conquering the world in warband starts with vassalship (only way to benefit as female too) so you do all the same steps either way.
The benefit of being female MC is
-Better starting choices/builds
-Husband's castles are wage free garrisons
-No free fief = bonus to consideration on receiving you 1st fief later (take a fat rich town!)
-Can rebelle by speaking to husband = optimal back stabbing abilities!
-As ruler can give more castles to husband = more free garrisons
-marriage quest is simple

Female MC is so much better in Warband that the petty 'negatives' are laughable.
Oh no Boyar Meriga doesn't like me? boo hoo

I played lots of woman characters in Warband never said "man, playing a woman is really hard!"

Eh, I guess I haven't played enough of Warband to know for sure.

Not in that ages, and not commanding armies. This is a kind of game mainly played by men, they don't have to be so woke fo find new audiences.

You didn't read the article I linked, did ya? There were indeed female soldiers and even commanders in medieval times. Nowhere near as many men, but still.

At any rate, Bannerlord's system, while unrealistic, isn't as unrealistic as you think it is. Furthermore, I see it as less a matter of being woke and more just prioritizing fun gameplay over realism. (Especially considering the new clan mechanics that make it quite likely players will have less control over their character's gender after the first generation.)

Yeah I definitely feel like neither game really emphasises this fact much. The ruling elites don't feel like elites when you can just randomly ask them their battle strategy by running up to their army and stopping them. In Bannerlord it's even worse, you literally have a quest where you run around interrogating lords about history. Even modern developed countries aren't this egalitarian.
The problem with this quest is that it happens far too soon.
It should be available once you're the equivalent of a nobleman, so it's not as grating as having some of unwashed peasant run up to the command tent of a king and asking him "hey mate, can you give me a history lesson ?".
You didn't read the article I linked, did ya? There were indeed female soldiers and even commanders in medieval times. Nowhere near as many men, but still.
You will ALWAYS find exceptions and special cases. They are irrelevant, only statistical trends matter.

lords gain opinion slowly due to medieval sexism, making your rise to the rank of Marshal slower.
NO! Only some of the lords are sexist and it's a strait starting -relation of like -3 or 5. They build relation when you rescue or let them go after battle and such exactly the same though. You need more renown to be offered fiefs and marshallship but that's an absolutely trivial matter.

If you're going for a conquer the world playthrough, yes.
Conquering the world in warband starts with vassalship (only way to benefit as female too) so you do all the same steps either way.
The benefit of being female MC is
-Better starting choices/builds
-Husband's castles are wage free garrisons
-No free fief = bonus to consideration on receiving you 1st fief later (take a fat rich town!)
-Can rebelle by speaking to husband = optimal back stabbing abilities!
-As ruler can give more castles to husband = more free garrisons
-marriage quest is simple

Female MC is so much better in Warband that the petty 'negatives' are laughable.
Oh no Boyar Meriga doesn't like me? boo hoo
I always played female (except once for Steam success) and do not marry (id.). So I got just the penalty for vassalship.
What do you mean "Better starting choices/builds" ?

I always played female (except once for Steam success) and do not marry (id.). So I got just the penalty for vassalship.
What do you mean "Better starting choices/builds" ?
In short, the skills and attributes are slightly different, particularly with some female choices netting you higher staring int then possible as a male char.
For instance with the right choices I can build a female MC capable of having maxed INT skills by level 13. I can also start with less charaima and more other attributes instead where as the male version push a couple more char point on you. As I favor an Int/Str MC, the female is much better as it wastes less attributes.
Further more with the right choices a female char can start with 4 riding and only 6 agility: 6 less agility then would be required to get 4 riding normally.
Naturally those 6 point ended up in thing like int and str instead. So, I end up with this monster with +14 surgery and other int skills at level 13(on a heavy charger), then I boost her str the rest of the game and end up with max powerdraw max INT monster mc by high 30s. Over kill of course, even 6 PD is very powerful. You could instead do int/char if you don't want a horse archer MC, but of course I want my MC to be able to be a Heavy armored HA

Edit: How I start warband MC fresh of the caravan

Last edited:
In short, the skills and attributes are slightly different, particularly with some female choices netting you higher staring int then possible as a male char.
For instance with the right choices I can build a female MC capable of having maxed INT skills by level 13. I can also start with less charaima and more other attributes instead where as the male version push a couple more char point on you. As I favor an Int/Str MC, the female is much better as it wastes less attributes.
Further more with the right choices a female char can start with 4 riding and only 6 agility: 6 less agility then would be required to get 4 riding normally.
Naturally those 6 point ended up in thing like int and str instead. So, I end up with this monster with +14 surgery and other int skills at level 13(on a heavy charger), then I boost her str the rest of the game and end up with max powerdraw max INT monster mc by high 30s. Over kill of course, even 6 PD is very powerful. You could instead do int/char if you don't want a horse archer MC, but of course I want my MC to be able to be a Heavy armored HA
Oh thanks, I didn't know ! Always time to learn !
I also always make Horse Archer (bow, arrows, arrows, 1h sword). Before getting the sword, the starting game give me an axe.
Sometimes I start with charisma to get troops and prisonners, sometimes I start with archery/horse skills.
I usually start fighting alone. In Bannerlord my last game is with (bow, arrows, arrows, arrows).

The only end game (Age of Calradia Enhanced) where I took screenshot is :
iolBGCt.jpg

Doing a quick view 22 females are "shield maiden":

Abagai, Apolanea, Arwa, Beathag, Corein, Epipheria, Ira, Itaria, Ladogual, Liena, Lysica, Mela, Mesui, Nadea, Phaea, Siga, Silvind, Svana, Valaria, Yan, Zheneva & Zuad. (I might miss some, sorry)

This is about 14% of all female NPC. IMHO they aren't that much... buf of course everyone has his/her personal feeling.

Yah! you may find others leading a party, that's because devs wanted to keep the number of clan's parties even when no males are not available. This is yet another of those "particular" game mechanics.

Why are people so keen on recreating oppression in fantasy? I just don't understand it. Why would you want to, in your fantasy world, ensure that the same kinds of unfairness are present? I invite you to meditate on this question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom