Multiplayer..................?

Users who are viewing this thread

I've finally come back to have a look at where the multiplayer is in this game after what...8 months since release? Feels like nothing has changed.

- No server hosting
- Get kicked out of servers at the end of each match...why?
- Game-modes that still feel poorly designed.
- Class system (yeah remember that thing the devs felt very confident would keep players engaged and interested?).
- Just a huge lack of content in general.

I genuinely see no hope for the multiplayer community ever becoming a thing again if the devs don't massively rethink the way they have designed it...and maybe also give it some sort of attention for a start. Where is the hope for all the old great multiplayer mods if there isn't even a basic function for STAYING ON A SERVER and having some sort of map rotation like Warband did.

This isn't intended to be toxic in any way to the devs, but it does truly puzzle me why they haven't thought about any of this. Could we at least have some sort of answer to the question: Will we ever have a multiplayer anything like that of Warband, where you could host a server with decent game modes (hopefully suited towards larger events) and have a normal map rotation system where people aren't kicked out at the end of each round?

As frustrating as it is to wait for our own servers, it would at least be nice to know that when we do get them, we can actually host proper games. Maybe it would be a good idea for you guys to start doing proper development plans, so we know what you are working on or plan to do in future. I feel like the development of this game has been left consistently in the dark--almost deliberately so. Yes, you have some info around on your basic plans, but there seems to be no attempt to actually engage with the real questions posed by your community. Please do what so few game developers seem to do these days and actually put in the time to listen to your community and work with them, so they get a game they will enjoy playing for years to come.

TW as a whole has no proper manpower dedicated to MP, i honestly can't blame the few devs left behind in the MP team to be able to manage everything that isn't assigned to them, fearing the wrath of high management breathing down their throat

Battle mode won't change anything as long as it's dominated by a class system designed around 6v6
What if they bring battleMode at base form and tell us there will be advanced (with two sides; ability boosts & unit based equipments) mastery system?

[With or without class system, an advanced Mastery system]

What if they bring battleMode at base form and tell us there will be advanced (with two sides; ability boosts & unit based equipments) mastery system?

I don't think you know the same taleworlds as i do, all they've ever done for gamemodes was sticking what makes the gamemode(Which is good) , with the same class system but a different way to calculate the gold.

Expect no less, no more

- Get kicked out of servers at the end of each match...why?
this is really bad, I hope they will do something about this. If you want to play like 1-2 matches okay but if you want to play 6-7 matches it becomes really boring.

I liked the class system though, I still prefer warbands system but I don't think this is the worst system ever

Well, I hope you're right, but I have my doubts x.x
I mean you can see what they currently have in the works, which really just consists of adding voip into the game and a few odd hotfixes/changes here and there. It genuinely wouldn't surprise me if that was all they had planned out currently. They need to make some pretty big changes to actually make the Multiplayer enjoyable and worth putting time into at this point.

I used to have hope in Taleworlds, but it really dawned on me when I remembered that most of these things (getting kicked out of servers included) were brought up as major issues in the Beta tests late last year, and I haven't heard a word on them from the devs then or since.

Battle mode won't change anything as long as it's dominated by a class system designed around 6v6
Completely agree.
If we get a battle mode, class system must NOT be in for it. Same goes for the siege and TDM, we should have full customization in these three modes. Just implement the singleplayer weapons and armor to the multiplayer, I believe this should be very easy to do.

Completely agree.
If we get a battle mode, class system must NOT be in for it. Same goes for the siege and TDM, we should have full customization in these three modes. Just implement the singleplayer weapons and armor to the multiplayer, I believe this should be very easy to do.
Well it is a done deal already, unfortunatly.

Battle wont save the game, imagine 20 vs 20 one life on the maps we have. The only map it might work on is Trade outpost, and even there I dont really know.
Ability boosts will make the game even more RNG and completely break what little balance the game has. Please for the love of god dont add passive abilities etc.

Even if we get the patch this year, we've waited months for any actual multiplayer content and the next patch wont bring anything either, with the exeption of (hopefully)fixing crushthrough, which never should've been introduced in its state anyway, and we had to wait for months to fix the most broken mechanic the franchize have ever seen.
Im basing this on the patch notes on the beta, if this is all we get, it wasnt worth the wait.

Battle wont save the game, imagine 20 vs 20 one life on the maps we have. The only map it might work on is Trade outpost, and even there I dont really know.
Ability boosts will make the game even more RNG and completely break what little balance the game has. Please for the love of god dont add passive abilities etc.

Even if we get the patch this year, we've waited months for any actual multiplayer content and the next patch wont bring anything either, with the exeption of (hopefully)fixing crushthrough, which never should've been introduced in its state anyway, and we had to wait for months to fix the most broken mechanic the franchize have ever seen.
Im basing this on the patch notes on the beta, if this is all we get, it wasnt worth the wait.

Of course there will be fixes, and we will be happy together, but why don't you want abilities or units/professions ?
There is a weight entry at character building screen's code, and weight is related with movement speed which can be used in a movement ability trees. If you want a color-fully customization at Bannerlord you should like it. And, customization does not kill enjoyment.

It's not even fixed yet until it hits live. I've still been getting crushed through by menavilions all day.

Completely agree.
Devs said this won't happen, class system will stay, period.
I don't know why you guys always get your hopes up about it, it's as @Firunien pointed out a done deal.

Back
Top Bottom