Multiplayer..................?

Users who are viewing this thread

Devs said this won't happen, class system will stay, period.
I don't know why you guys always get your hopes up about it, it's as @Firunien pointed out a done deal.
You can't stop it, it will always be something people will talk about, because it's one of the most controversial changes to the multiplayer.

TW will have to deal with the outcry as long as they are a game studio

my num 1 issue are the weapons balance and their mechanics
my num 2 is the lack of customization & the class system
my num 3 is the glancy spammy combat

this is a failed early access !!

a lot of other early access games have an excellent healthy community having fun
but not this.:facepalm:

Battle wont save the game, imagine 20 vs 20 one life on the maps we have. The only map it might work on is Trade outpost, and even there I dont really know.
Ability boosts will make the game even more RNG and completely break what little balance the game has. Please for the love of god dont add passive abilities etc.

Even if we get the patch this year, we've waited months for any actual multiplayer content and the next patch wont bring anything either, with the exeption of (hopefully)fixing crushthrough, which never should've been introduced in its state anyway, and we had to wait for months to fix the most broken mechanic the franchize have ever seen.
Im basing this on the patch notes on the beta, if this is all we get, it wasnt worth the wait.
I have come to like crushthrough a lot (damage spikes should be fixed though) x)

Of course there will be fixes, and we will be happy together, but why don't you want abilities or units/professions ?
There is a weight entry at character building screen's code, and weight is related with movement speed which can be used in a movement ability trees. If you want a color-fully customization at Bannerlord you should like it. And, customization does not kill enjoyment.
Units and professions are already in the game in the form of classes, adding more to that will just make the barrier of entry impossible, and its already incredibly difficult for a new player to learn what to do, especially learning the differences between weapons, which no longer share the same characteristics as in its prececessor.

Honestly the biggest issue the game has for me is the vast difference in movement speed, and breaching that gap would make the game way more enjoyable, as two handers and lower tier classes wouldnt be able to play like absolute tosspots in order to get kills and would actually have to learn how to, say, block.
Customization is something this game lacks to the extreme, but abilities, unless handled with extreme care, will not provide that. Passive abilities will make fights alot more RNG, as I'll have no way of knowing what my enemy has equipped.
I shoot a guy for 99 damage, I call for a bump from a cavalry to finish him off, woops he had the +20 hp passive ability, so he survives. Or I hit him for 99, and weapon pommel, or kick to finish him off, but instead he survives and kills me.
Or I fight in melee, target switch, knowing that my movement speed is 3 higher than his, but he picked the "+5 movement speed" perk, and he catches up to me and kills me.

By all means add customization, but adding abilities will seriously damage the skill based combat.

It's not even fixed yet until it hits live. I've still been getting crushed through by menavilions all day.
Its not fixed on 1.5.5? Its supposed to be, I never got around to checking since the servers werent populated.

I have come to like crushthrough a lot (damage spikes should be fixed though) x)
I got hit by glaive cav 5 times crushthrough when I was crossbow, with literally zero counterplay possibilities. Hell I was actually lucky it only did 20-30 damage per swing and not 100+.
A two handed infantry should never lose a fight against any other infantry if they just use their movement speed to their advantage. Its a horrible mechanic

We can only hope 1.5.5 revives the multiplayer a bit
From the patchnotes I read on the beta, it wont. It has alot of text changes, but not much else. Right now the only thing I can imagine bringing players back is
Removing the class system
Custom servers
Battle+Duel
*Sigh* Skins....
Full game release
Spectator mode (thats just my own wish, nobody else will care)
Anything else will just get a few thousand players back for a few days, then gone again.

@Greedalicious Bad situations possible. Yes. And, you can't be sure all about your enemy('s build). That's also correct. That's where it comes.

-Learning things can take some time, but overall it'd be easy if become real. Just some well desgined passives & profession equipments. Thats all. Subject of an visual UI & a short video.

-Abilities also subject of a basic balance. Nothing more.
-We don't have professions. Can you see engineer, medic, commander, chef, repairman etc? Did you see their special equipments for each one that player gonna use? I think no.

-Adding abilitiyes & professional equipments do not damage skill based combat, but improve at all.

I personally dont have any doubt about its improvment on game. Definetly it will be much better than now. But, idk if devs want it or not.

From the patchnotes I read on the beta, it wont. It has alot of text changes, but not much else. Right now the only thing I can imagine bringing players back is
Custom servers
Battle+Duel
*Sigh* Skins....
Full game release
Anything else will just get a few thousand players back for a few days, then gone again.
Well removal of class system is out of the window.
Custom servers are the main thing that is needed for the revival but they're not coming at least until the release, which will be delayed imo.
Duel mode is already being built but arrival of battle mode as well would be very well.
Skins would give players something to play for besides the skirmish medals, if they are added as progressive awards ofc.
1.5.5 is majorly centered around skirmish(captain as well? idk) so it won't affect the casual side that much imo. We need more content besides map for this games revival.

@Greedalicious Bad situations possible. Yes. And, you can't be sure all about your enemy('s build). That's also correct. That's where it comes.

-Learning things can take some time, but overall it'd be easy if become real. Just some well desgined passives & profession equipments. Thats all. Subject of an visual UI & a short video.

-Abilities also subject of a basic balance. Nothing more.
-We don't have professions. Can you see engineer, medic, commander, chef, repairman etc? Did you see their special equipments for each one that player gonna use? I think no.

-Adding abilitiyes & professional equipments do not damage skill based combat, but improve at all.

I personally dont have any doubt about its improvment on game. Definetly it will be much better than now. But, idk if devs want it or not.
That would involve creating entire new mechanics for the game, thats not gonna happen. I did expect atleast engineer for Siege honestly, but yeah theres no way. PW will do it though I'd imagine.

If you mean abilities like, fire a poison arrow instead of a normal arrow, Thats can be discussed. I'm one of the, apparently few people who want magic and fun things in the game, I'd love to see a MOBA mod for this game for example, but if you're gonna do something like this, you need to let the players know what abilities they have beforehand, or have it shown visually

Well removal of class system is out of the window.
Custom servers are the main thing that is needed for the revival but they're not coming at least until the release, which will be delayed imo.
Duel mode is already being built but arrival of battle mode as well would be very well.
Skins would give players something to play for besides the skirmish medals, if they are added as progressive awards ofc.
1.5.5 is majorly centered around skirmish(captain as well? idk) so it won't affect the casual side that much imo. We need more content besides map for this games revival.
I know classes will never be removed, but if we just shut up and surrender, the game will be worse for it. I wouldnt mind classes as much if it was actual characters, with personality and soul, but theyre just nameless soldiers.
Im assuming they wont release custom servers until they figure out how to make it work with their own skin system later down the line. Tinfoil hat theory maybe but....
I dont understand how it can take half a year to make Duel, when Warband had it pretty much nailed down. Just add a FT7 system and a teleport interrupters away feature and its pretty much perfect honestly.
Skins would probably get he most especially casual players back. Which the game desperately needs. The idea of skins being added when the game is so far from complete really doesnt sit right with me though. Its fine if its progression based I guess, but paid skins absolutely not.
Heavily agree that its based around skirmish and captain, although crushthrough will help the casual scene aswell. More content is definitly needed.

That would involve creating entire new mechanics for the game, thats not gonna happen. I did expect atleast engineer for Siege honestly, but yeah theres no way. PW will do it though I'd imagine.

If you mean abilities like, fire a poison arrow instead of a normal arrow, Thats can be discussed. I'm one of the, apparently few people who want magic and fun things in the game, I'd love to see a MOBA mod for this game for example, but if you're gonna do something like this, you need to let the players know what abilities they have beforehand, or have it shown visually

Entry new mechanic adjustments is barrier, i agree. And also i think we need it. Just like most ppl's > remove class system, wish.
[professions based on cultures with their own equipment tries]

Anyways, both abilities & professional equipments can be perfectly fit game but cant tell details here. This is just a basic-rough idea-l. Just sharing my idea.

Entry new mechanic adjustments is barrier, i agree. And also i think we need it. Just like most ppl's > remove class system, wish.
[professions based on cultures with their own equipment tries]

Anyways, both abilities & professional equipments can be perfectly fit game but cant tell details here. This is just a basic-rough idea-l. Just sharing my idea.
I'd gladly accept medic, engineer etc etc to the game, It'd make the game more fun, but as it stands I dont think it'll happen, and it doesnt seem like the resources given to multiplayer is enough to make it work properly. Mainly I'm sceptical about the mechanics being implimented correctly.

And absolutely! Sharing ideas is what the forum is for after all ^^ (I think)

Why can't there just be an arena that people just join if they want to. Free for all. That way even 2 people could fight each other or as many as 16 or whatever.

Why can't there just be an arena that people just join if they want to. Free for all. That way even 2 people could fight each other or as many as 16 or whatever.
I'm pretty sure some designers already converted the warband arena map for bannerlord, devs just need to implement tdm mode for it basically, with minor adjustments

Custom servers
Battle+Duel
*Sigh* Skins....
Full game release

Yeah honestly to me it feels like every patch is either adjusting random small balance things or trying to further develop the matchmaking system, which is something I genuinely don't give a **** about. I still don't understand why there has been such an emphasis on matchmaking when all (I'd imagine most) people want are proper game modes and servers.

On another note, although I'm more than likely on my own here, I think they have massively failed in some of the design elements of certain gamemodes--specifically siege. Why add cavalry to both attackers and defenders, or have it so easily accessible? It's a siege, and siege weapons can hardly be used when you have horse archers and lancers running around. Maybe something has changed on this one too, but there doesn't seem to be any system for limited lives or anything. Siege at this point is unironically just a copy-paste of Team Deathmatch with flags, which for me is massively depressing given that sieges were one of the game modes I had such high hopes for. Sure, they have a small dev team for Multiplayer, but it feels like they have been incredibly slack in their approach to designing this. I only wonder at this point how they will manage to screw up battle mode.

The idea of a full release for this game anywhere within the next 1-2 years seems like an absolute joke to me at the rate they are going.

I'm pretty sure some designers already converted the warband arena map for bannerlord, devs just need to implement tdm mode for it basically, with minor adjustments

Huh, it just seems like this one be something that should have been done by now.... you know nearly 9 months in?

A big issue I see is mainly mp updates come out when sp updates are ready. And even worse they usually go into the beta branch which 1.5.5 has been in beta for a long time now. Then TW
keeps telling us it’s fixed but it’s in beta, u know the branch no one plays. If they could just release the mp fixes like crushed through it at least solve something instead of nothing.

Eventually the game will be in a good state and we’ll have private servers but till then it’s a buggy poorly optimized mess full of crushed through and beta fixes that no one actually gets to use.

Back
Top Bottom