Smithing is broken

Users who are viewing this thread

10000.png

no words needed really.....

well........in fact I have words to say, I'm not against the fact that one "miraculous" craft can give you a super expensive item and + 20 in smithing, so please Taleworlds if you fix this, don't put a cap to make this impossible, just make it impossible to do it on command...

+ i have something else to say about smithing
the stamina bar is a bad idea to me because it encourages sleeping in towns for weeks checking your stamina bar, sleeping again, which is VERY boring, instead make the player move and fight to gather smithing resources and make them harder to find!

Last edited:
We know. They know. They're working on it. It's a single player game. If you don't want to abuse it, don't abuse it.

1. Old news. Very old news.

2. Just because you can do something, does not mean you have to do something. No one is forcing you to craft those expensive 2H swords. If you don't like it, exercise a little self-control and don't bloody do it. They are next to impossible to sell anyway.

They are changing smithing so probably think not worth messing with. Also when you smith high tier weapons you get a massive boost to your smithing skill I am sure this will stop as well. So best not bother at the moment.

well........in fact I have words to say, I'm not against the fact that one "miraculous" craft can give you a super expensive item and + 20 in smithing on the spot, so please Taleworlds if you fix this don't just put a cap to make this impossible, just make it impossible to do it on command...
Yeah and if you do it on MC it kills your gains in other skills by bloating you level up (with no advattage) so you end up a skilless level 30 blob with 300 smithing.

And every "crafted item" you make goes into the .sav forever and goes into the shop inventory/create lists forever nad this makes the game slow down eventually.
+ i have something else to say about smithing
the stamina bar is a bad idea to me because it encourages sleeping in towns for weeks checking your stamina bar, sleeping again, which is VERY boring, instead make the player move and fight to gather smithing resources and make them harder to find!
Smithing should be deleted it serves no purpose. If it wasn't broken it would just make the player bored and think the game sucks more.
The could do something fun like a NPC that makes custom weapons and have part be special drops/rewards..... but probably that's too complicated

Yeah and if you do it on MC it kills your gains in other skills by bloating you level up (with no advattage) so you end up a skilless level 30 blob with 300 smithing.

And every "crafted item" you make goes into the .sav forever and goes into the shop inventory/create lists forever nad this makes the game slow down eventually.

Smithing should be deleted it serves no purpose. If it wasn't broken it would just make the player bored and think the game sucks more.
The could do something fun like a NPC that makes custom weapons and have part be special drops/rewards..... but probably that's too complicated
I don't think that smithing should be deleted, I can be really fun + it would be a lot of work from Taleworlds in the trash
in the game Fire Emblem three houses, there is no stamina bar but materials are kinda hard to find and you can buy them but they are very expensive,and it makes sense to me that in the medieval era steel would be expensive

Agreed only a javelin should be worth that much!
Eastern javelin cost is 27k . There are 4 in the stack , means 6.7k per each. So unit who carries eastern javelin have daily salary at around 10-15 coins . One thrown in grass javelin = around 600 salaries of this unit who throw this bloody javelin.

Why fight ? Let me give you "crafted javelin"

- How much for the Rhotae ?
- let me think. Let's say 20 "crafted javelin"
- Hold on. let me smelt 20 rotten wooden hammers and 20 rusty hatchets...

But seriously, not funny anymore, 9 month this bloody numbers not fix yet.

I don't think that smithing should be deleted, I can be really fun + it would be a lot of work from Taleworlds in the trash
in the game Fire Emblem three houses, there is no stamina bar but materials are kinda hard to find and you can buy them but they are very expensive,and it makes sense to me that in the medieval era steel would be expensive
it would be a lot of work from Taleworlds in the trash
*all the other features of banner lord panicking*
Fair enough, I guess some amount of work must have gone into it anyways......
I haven't played 3 houses yet but I do like the idea of it being more rewarding but also more rare and less grindy.
If they can get rid of the "everything you craft shows up in the store" and the "all skill learning goes down every level up" features
that would go a long way to fixing smithing.

Back
Top Bottom