fiture of bannerlord story mode

Users who are viewing this thread

i want to be alone in my free campain mode I don't need brother and sisters I need only wife and children in story mode yes u should have brother and sisters :grin: I don't need them sorry my bros and sisters :grin: :grin: :grin:

It would be nice if we could choose to abandon the quest and not have it pop up when we meet the criterior.

actually it would be better to have different backgrounds and beginnings for the player, also having the background story choices reflect what happens on the start of the adventure. Probably only gonna happen in mods, though.

The brother is just a skilled companion.
As long the bug isn't fixed that you can't send him out for quests, his only use is as gouverneur if you have a fief. Or as a party leader, but I tried that only once - he always joined armies that ran straght into superior enemy armies and lost his troops and freedom...

Yeah.

It raises the question of my character is in charge instead of him.
My favorite is when your youngest siblings have come of age and are better than you.... something makes me think the MC is a little special =). I mean even your brother sends you off to find help while he goes and attempts a rescue solo.... its starting to add up :lol:

it's incredible all the stupids things we can to read in this "forum"...it doesn't deserve to be called "forum", I think it's just a place for the painful egocentric

it's incredible all the stupids things we can to read in this "forum"...it doesn't deserve to be called "forum", I think it's just a place for the painful egocentric
nothing stupid about this, the whole point of sandboxes is being able to create your own narrative, if you are forced upon having siblings, your narrative is already narrowed significantly. That's one of the reasons why so many people hated Viking Conquest's campaign mode.
I don't really mind it, but I still think that there should be more gameplay reflective background choices that define details such as these, how many siblings, are they dead or alive, parents, dead or alive, etc. I'd even throw in background stories that make you skip the whole early grind and simply start as a lord.

Viking conquest is trash in my op i played and i can't understand it completely
....and finally i ve got a bro :ROFLMAO: (agree in all terms).

nothing stupid about this, the whole point of sandboxes is being able to create your own narrative, if you are forced upon having siblings, your narrative is already narrowed significantly. That's one of the reasons why so many people hated Viking Conquest's campaign mode.
I don't really mind it, but I still think that there should be more gameplay reflective background choices that define details such as these, how many siblings, are they dead or alive, parents, dead or alive, etc. I'd even throw in background stories that make you skip the whole early grind and simply start as a lord.
Here is a definition of Sandbox btw: Sanbox-Game definition
So after reading that, I agree in 1 point => "Sandbox design has been criticized for providing a lack of satisfying goals for players" and thats what i read here in the forum most of the time :ROFLMAO:

I know what means "sandbox" but without a good scenario given by the game, it is quickly a repetition of always the same thing ...

Viking conquest is trash in my op i played and i can't understand it completely
it is not, however, complicated. The hero is caught in the turmoil of a plot in which some of his companions are actors. But for our hero, his only concern was to find his mother while being involved in the conflicts between Norman and Saxon factions, and even a war against the Spanish. And he discovers during his trip strange fighters from Celtic legends as well as others from Nordic legends. It is a sometimes complicated story, but very interesting.

Here is a definition of Sandbox btw: Sanbox-Game definition
So after reading that, I agree in 1 point => "Sandbox design has been criticized for providing a lack of satisfying goals for players" and thats what i read here in the forum most of the time :ROFLMAO:
semantics... Yeah, sure, through and through sandboxes are just sandboxes, and they suck for most people. The original idea of Mount&Blade wasn't being a sandbox, though, that's why there's a fking narrative to begin with (and I'm talking about the first game, ages ago).
Anyway, the point is "the whole point of sandboxes is being able to create your own narrative". I'll stick to defending that it's a valid point of argument, why have a cat poop sandbox when you can have one with narrative and story-building potential? I'd say that if you can do the latter, wanting the first is at minimum scat fetishist.

I'd say that if you can do the latter, wanting the first is at minimum scat fetishist.
Salty indeed! Viking Conquest Reforged storyline, while interesting and somewhat compelling in that it was also more difficult than Sandbox (for me anyway), was always buggy as hell. Which is the ultimate buzzkill. Nothing like frequent ctd's to kill a title; which is presumably why TW is now--rightfully--so focused on improving stability.

But balancing the existential emptiness of pure Sandbox with the programming-intensive context of busy questlines will always keep Devs up at night. Not every franchise can nail it as masterfully as did Witcher3.

Witcher3 is indeed a good reference but it is a very different game. Right off the bat, it's totally RPG (very good, i agree). M&B is above all based on the idea of making massive 3D fights. Many games suffer from the very demanding 3D coding. Knowing that in addition, TW has built its own game engine, I imagine the complexity of the work for a small studio. So I understand why their first concern is that "it works" before thinking of implementing a more substantiated storyboard and developing the RPG. But I think when they sort out some technical issues, they can finally focus on the meaning of the game. This is what I understand by reading their communication, correct the bugs before thinking about the next step. It's normal. When they have fixed the bugs, they will feel more free to imagine new RPG implementations, storyboard, diplomacy, marriage, etc. I see they are going step by step, checking everything to avoid big mistakes. Given the complexity of the game, I dare not imagine the difficulties encountered. We can always criticize, it's easy, but the project is ambitious and I think they are moving forward cautiously. It's normal.

Back
Top Bottom