SP - General Small Suggestion

Users who are viewing this thread

Righty114

Recruit
Ok so I've dumped about 500 hours into the game needless to say that I really enjoy it. But, one thing that really grinds my gears close to nerd rageing is the obnoxiously teeny tiny amount of time it takes for nobles to A.) Escape from custody and B.) the same small amount of time it takes them to be back on my doorstep with a new flaming pile of dog turds ready for me to imprison them again. I mean COME ON at least give my wounded troops enough time to heal or OH how about this one put them in the one room in our whole fiefdom with a lock? Or how about making non mentally challenged guards researchable possibly? I don't care about the method just results so a wooden plank door jam would be fine. It's insulting to have Caladog in my dungeon 5 times in a week game time, and I really feel that execution should come with no penalty at that point where most of the nobility in the world would say "he got caught 5 times in a week?! Ya guy totally asked for that beheading."

Anyways that will be all thank you.....

At least they should never escape before they are healed enough to move.... I´d suggest 50% stamina before captured lords even start thinking of running away from it´s captors. It feels they might be escaping a day or two after been taking prisoners..!

BUT... A lord beeing taken prisoner should NOT stop his clan from setting up a new party. Another clan-member should probably do this close after the undoing of the previous party. clans should at all time aim to fill up their party-quota if they can afford it. This would add to immersion and make a game play out more differently, as different lord-AI (should?) behave different.

I hope the work that is now being done also changes the dynamics when the prisoner is put in a castle or town dungeon. I think that, in such situation, the likelihood of escaping should either not be there at all or, if that is not possible to make it highly unlikely that the lord escapes (1% to 2% chance)

I hope the work that is now being done also changes the dynamics when the prisoner is put in a castle or town dungeon. I think that, in such situation, the likelihood of escaping should either not be there at all or, if that is not possible to make it highly unlikely that the lord escapes (1% to 2% chance)

Yah.. First battle between 2 armies and then field is open for the winner to extinguish the looser unchallenged, siege by siege? :smile:

Alot of things in the game would need to change to support that.
1. Imprisoning a lord or not should not be a nobrainer.
2. Not all lords in the losing party should be captured
3. If a lord is captured, that clan should send out another party, with another party-leader.
4. Allow retreats... with a good chance to get away with some troops and inventory(improved with tactics). That should be used and practiced by AI..

Yah.. First battle between 2 armies and then field is open for the winner to extinguish the looser unchallenged, siege by siege? :smile:

Alot of things in the game would need to change to support that.
1. Imprisoning a lord or not should not be a nobrainer.
2. Not all lords in the losing party should be captured
3. If a lord is captured, that clan should send out another party, with another party-leader.
4. Allow retreats... with a good chance to get away with some troops and inventory(improved with tactics). That should be used and practiced by AI..
I agree that most of these suggestions would make sense. I am not sure, however, what you meant by number 3. In relation to number 4, I am not sure it’s actually needed if they implement 1 and 2

Number 3 is, lets say AI clan X has 4 member. They have 2 parties, led by clan leader A and his daugther B.
B is captured and her party is dismissed. Clan X now only has 1 party and will currently not create a new party untill B is released, even though C and D is perfectly applicable(mainly beeing adults in this case....).

4 can be seen as a way to solve 2. That's correct. But I´m not sure I´d see 2 as entirely solved by enabling retreats...

Number 3 is, lets say AI clan X has 4 member. They have 2 parties, led by clan leader A and his daugther B.
B is captured and her party is dismissed. Clan X now only has 1 party and will currently not create a new party untill B is released, even though C and D is perfectly applicable(mainly beeing adults in this case....).

4 can be seen as a way to solve 2. That's correct. But I´m not sure I´d see 2 as entirely solved by enabling retreats...
Thanks. I get point 3 now. Yes, I agree it makes sense. Thanks for explaining

3 currently happens already, that why you’ll see non-combat nobles leading parties.

Ok so I've dumped about 500 hours into the game needless to say that I really enjoy it. But, one thing that really grinds my gears close to nerd rageing is the obnoxiously teeny tiny amount of time it takes for nobles to A.) Escape from custody and B.) the same small amount of time it takes them to be back on my doorstep with a new flaming pile of dog turds ready for me to imprison them again. I mean COME ON at least give my wounded troops enough time to heal or OH how about this one put them in the one room in our whole fiefdom with a lock? Or how about making non mentally challenged guards researchable possibly? I don't care about the method just results so a wooden plank door jam would be fine. It's insulting to have Caladog in my dungeon 5 times in a week game time, and I really feel that execution should come with no penalty at that point where most of the nobility in the world would say "he got caught 5 times in a week?! Ya guy totally asked for that beheading."

Anyways that will be all thank you.....
Forget beheading. Why is he still king? "Our new king was weak, he did not fight the empire. Our new king is much stronger, he spents five nights a week in enemy prison." If anything, they should behead him :grin:

Last edited:
Forget beheading. Why is he still king? "Our new king was weak, he did not fight the empire. Our new king is much stronger, he spents five nights a week in enemy prison." If anything, they should behead him :grin:

Stop him from instantly creating a new party several times/week. I made a proposal to use fief-militia as "manpower" - to transform them into proper recruits to kickstart a party. So if fiefs are very low on manpower clans might instead choose to hold a bit on spawning a new party.

Back
Top Bottom